Summary of your County's achievements for '20 and aspirations for '21.

Started by From the Bunker, December 26, 2020, 09:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

County: Armagh

Are you happy with 2020 achievement?
No. Promotion was nice but we limped over the line by dropping needless points early in the year, then struggled past Derry and were humiliated by Donegal
What was your minimal aspiration for '20?
Promotion, a Ulster final depending on the draw and super 8's.
Are you happy with the direction of your county going into 21?
Yes. Hopefully Donaghy can add something different and we get a few new faces into the team.
What is you minimal aspiration for '21?
Stay in Division 1, decent run in Ulster and make quarter final draw dependent.
Where do you position your county 1-33?
Between 8-12
If Dublin are a 10 out of 10. What number out of 10 would you give your county for 2020? 6

Armagh18

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 29, 2020, 12:48:50 PM
County: Tyrone

Are you happy with 2020 achievement? No Mickey's last year very dissapointing. A win over Mayo couldnt paper over the cracks of 2 poor games against Donegal.
What was your minimal aspiration for '20? Ulster Title and Semi Final
Are you happy with the direction of your county going into 21? Very optimistic. New voice, new ideas, return of players out of the previous fold, no blind loyalty to existing players. Conor McKenna and Cathal McShane.
What is you minimal aspiration for '21? League Final, Ulster Title, All Ireland Semi Final.
Where do you position your county 1-33? 4 but very capable of moving ahead of Kerry and Mayo if squad is fully utilised.
If Dublin are a 10 out of 10. What number out of 10 would you give your county for 2020? 3/10
4? Ahead of Donegal?

Angelo

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 29, 2020, 03:14:21 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 29, 2020, 12:48:50 PM
County: Tyrone

Are you happy with 2020 achievement? No Mickey's last year very dissapointing. A win over Mayo couldnt paper over the cracks of 2 poor games against Donegal.
What was your minimal aspiration for '20? Ulster Title and Semi Final
Are you happy with the direction of your county going into 21? Very optimistic. New voice, new ideas, return of players out of the previous fold, no blind loyalty to existing players. Conor McKenna and Cathal McShane.
What is you minimal aspiration for '21? League Final, Ulster Title, All Ireland Semi Final.
Where do you position your county 1-33? 4 but very capable of moving ahead of Kerry and Mayo if squad is fully utilised.
If Dublin are a 10 out of 10. What number out of 10 would you give your county for 2020? 3/10
4? Ahead of Donegal?

You'd have to say so. It's 2014 since Donegal made it to the last 4 of the All Ireland. Tyrone have been in the last 4 on four occasions since and had a final appearance in 2018.

Surprised there hasn't been an angling in Donegal to get McGuinness back at the helm since the defeat to Cavan.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Ed Ricketts

County: Armagh

Are you happy with 2020 achievement? It was good, bad, and ugly. Often over the course of the same 70 minutes.
What was your minimal aspiration for '20? 1. League promotion. 2. Beat Derry. 3. Be competitive in the Ulster semi-final. Only two of those targets were met.
Are you happy with the direction of your county going into 21? Not really. There's a sense that the end is closing in for the current group. Management have been in place for six years now without achieving much - 2021 must surely be their last hurrah. The team is backboned by fellas in and around the 30 mark, so it's difficult to see scope for improvement there (rumours abound of key men planning to pack it all in). Underage performances for the last decade has been well below par, so there isn't exactly a stellar crop of fresh talent emerging to shake things up. And club football in the county is stale and unproductive. Realistically, the short to medium term prospects for the county side are quite bleak.
What is you minimal aspiration for '21? Staying in Division 1 would be an achievement. Would be nice to find a proper defender or two. Improved performances at underage level.
Where do you position your county 1-33? Anywhere from 7-14 depending on the mood. Might as well be 33 for all it matters at the end of the day.
If Dublin are a 10 out of 10. What number out of 10 would you give your county for 2020? 4.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Lar Naparka

County:

Are you happy with 2020 achievement?   No
What was your minimal aspiration for '20? Sam Maguire
Are you happy with the direction of your county going into 21?  Sort of
What is you minimal aspiration for '21?  Sam Maguire
Where do you position your county 1-33?  2-3
If Dublin are a 10 out of 10. What number out of 10 would you give your county for 2020?  8-9
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sligoman2

I am very proud that we didn't lose a championship match all year  ;D ;D.

Very disappointed in our Div 4 Performance - hopefully McEntee can get us out of that division
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

StephenC

County: Donegal

Are you happy with 2020 achievement?   No
What was your minimal aspiration for '20? Stay in Div 1, Ulster title & AISF
Are you happy with the direction of your county going into 21? Don't know.
What is you minimal aspiration for '21?  Stay in Div 1, Ulster title & AISF
Where do you position your county 1-33?  4
If Dublin are a 10 out of 10. What number out of 10 would you give your county for 2020?  5

Itchy

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 13, 2021, 01:56:04 PM

Very disappointed in our Div 4 Performance - hopefully McEntee can get us out of that division

As someone with family in Sligo, I see that joke going around inside the county quite a bit. I find it embarrassing that ye would talk about yourselves like that. If you want to win you have to feel some hurt when you lose. Not taking a personal dig at you by the way.

restorepride

County:  Doire
Are you happy with 2020 achievement?   No - we should have gained promotion to Div 2.  Messed up against Leitrim first game out.  Just behind Corcaigh agus an DĂșn, so not that far away.
What was your minimal aspiration for '20? Above
Are you happy with the direction of your county going into 21?  Sort of BUT .... we have to restore full pride in the jersey and build on recent under-age success.  Some would still rather play for the club only rather than fully commit to county.  For me, strength and conditioning is still an issue but a work in progress.
What is your minimal aspiration for '21?  Promotion to Div 2 and an Ulster Championship semi-final place. (depending on draw!)
Where do you position your county 1-33?  Now probably about 6th/7th out of 9 in Ulster - however many still believe we are better than that. In 32, 16th?
If Dublin are a 10 out of 10. What number out of 10 would you give your county for 2020?  4

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2021, 03:47:10 PM

As someone with family in Sligo, I see that joke going around inside the county quite a bit. I find it embarrassing that ye would talk about yourselves like that. If you want to win you have to feel some hurt when you lose. Not taking a personal dig at you by the way.
They didn't lose ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2021, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2021, 03:47:10 PM

They didn't lose ;)
True Ross, they didn't lose and they don't really laugh it off. I know a few Sligo people and they are as passionate about theiir time as any one in any other county. I think they have a self-deprecating sense of humour. (Like that?? ;D. TBH, I'm not sure I know what it means either but I just want to show off.)
They may make the odd joke about their team's lack of success but dare you or anybody else agree with them.
What about your own lads?
I imagine staying in Div ! will be the priority and a shot at a Connacht title a distinct possibility.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

We'll be hoping they show up this year though.
Yep staying in D1 and giving Connacht a rattle and getting to AI semi final for 1st time since 19feckin91 :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM