Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 25, 2020, 12:56:34 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 24, 2020, 03:29:24 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 24, 2020, 12:57:07 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 24, 2020, 11:03:06 AM
In fairness Ferdinand was asked about that clip after the PSG game, and said he was caught up in the emotion like a fan. He is a bit excitable at times, but would be worth seeing if he would improve United with transfers etc.. He's the only one from the club that shown a interest in becoming a DOF at United.

The role of a DOF needs to be someone that has pervious experience and he doesn't have to be a former player. I think bringing in the likes of Rio or Fletcher they will become nothing more than another PR puppet while Woodward will remain in strong control over each transfers and player contract.

At the moment Woodward is haggling over the price tag of Bruno Fernandes if he wasn't such a idiot when it comes to football matters clubs wouldn't overvalue their players when he comes calling.

To get champions league football for next season via 4th in the league or winning the EL 2 quality players at least are needed to be signed or loaned in during this transfer window, probably 3 now with the long term Rashford injury and its looking more likely the transfer window will be closed without bringing anyone in. Thats on the board and Woodward if they don't do the required business in the next week, worst of all if they fail they will use Ole as a puppet to tell the media that he's happy with his squad and players coming back from injury will be like new signings.

Why needs? United never had one before, so can't compare to previous. Van Der Sar had no experience before Ajax

It's Joel Glazer who pulled the plug on the Fernandes deal, not Woodword.

What has Van Der Sar done to be mentioned as a candidate for DOF?

Did you hear about this team called Ajax last year? They're from Holland and did pretty well in the Champions League.

Boycey

He's not even Ajaxs director of football ffs  ;D

rodney trotter

He's the chief executive,  runs the rule over transfers. The job Woodward can't seem to do. It won't be happening anyway as he's staying at Ajax

Cunny Funt

25 years since that Cantona kung fu kick, i remember listening to it live on BBC radio 5 and recall how excited Alan Green was on the incident. Can you imagine the outrage on twitter if something like that happened today?

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 25, 2020, 02:02:38 PM
25 years since that Cantona kung fu kick, i remember listening to it live on BBC radio 5 and recall how excited Alan Green was on the incident. Can you imagine the outrage on twitter if something like that happened today?

Remember it well myself, listening on 5Live as I attempted to cycle back to the house from UCD, horribly ill with flu.

Cantona shouldn't have done it, but it's hard not to sympathize with him. That Simmons **** deserved no sympathy whatsoever. Hopefully he's pulled his head out of his arse and lived a decent life since.

nrico2006

Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2020, 09:16:46 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 25, 2020, 12:56:34 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 24, 2020, 03:29:24 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 24, 2020, 12:57:07 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 24, 2020, 11:03:06 AM
In fairness Ferdinand was asked about that clip after the PSG game, and said he was caught up in the emotion like a fan. He is a bit excitable at times, but would be worth seeing if he would improve United with transfers etc.. He's the only one from the club that shown a interest in becoming a DOF at United.

The role of a DOF needs to be someone that has pervious experience and he doesn't have to be a former player. I think bringing in the likes of Rio or Fletcher they will become nothing more than another PR puppet while Woodward will remain in strong control over each transfers and player contract.

At the moment Woodward is haggling over the price tag of Bruno Fernandes if he wasn't such a idiot when it comes to football matters clubs wouldn't overvalue their players when he comes calling.

To get champions league football for next season via 4th in the league or winning the EL 2 quality players at least are needed to be signed or loaned in during this transfer window, probably 3 now with the long term Rashford injury and its looking more likely the transfer window will be closed without bringing anyone in. Thats on the board and Woodward if they don't do the required business in the next week, worst of all if they fail they will use Ole as a puppet to tell the media that he's happy with his squad and players coming back from injury will be like new signings.

Why needs? United never had one before, so can't compare to previous. Van Der Sar had no experience before Ajax

It's Joel Glazer who pulled the plug on the Fernandes deal, not Woodword.

What has Van Der Sar done to be mentioned as a candidate for DOF?

Did you hear about this team called Ajax last year? They're from Holland and did pretty well in the Champions League.

And you think that has something to do with Van Der Sar in his 2/3 years there?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Has he not been at Ajax since he retired??

BennyCake

6-0 v Tranmere.

It's all coming together now.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: BennyCake on January 26, 2020, 05:30:05 PM
6-0 v Tranmere.

It's all coming together now.

Only watched brief highlights, Some fine goals among the six. Thats how to beat a League 1 side unlike needing penalties to beat Rochdale at home in the League cup a few months ago. Will Probably draw Man City or Liverpool away in the next round.

magpie seanie

First time to score more than 6 since the 8-2 v Arsenal in 2011. More clinical and a lot of individual goals droughts broken! Some welcome relief.

Now - Woodworm - buy some players.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: J70 on January 25, 2020, 03:04:54 PM

Remember it well myself, listening on 5Live as I attempted to cycle back to the house from UCD, horribly ill with flu.

Cantona shouldn't have done it, but it's hard not to sympathize with him. That Simmons **** deserved no sympathy whatsoever. Hopefully he's pulled his head out of his arse and lived a decent life since.

Can't be serious.

BennyCake

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 27, 2020, 08:26:11 AM
First time to score more than 6 since the 8-2 v Arsenal in 2011. More clinical and a lot of individual goals droughts broken! Some welcome relief.

Now - Woodworm - buy some players.

And first time since the 6-1 v Arsenal in 2001 that United scored 5 in the first half.

First time since 1892 United had 6 different scorers in a game.

United are setting all sorts of records this season.

J70

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 27, 2020, 10:32:03 AM

Can't be serious.

Yes, very serious.

Cantona's attitude and conduct during his career was often appalling, and indeed his response was in this case. You can acknowledge that while at the same time sympathizing with how a player might feel when some toerag comes running down the terrace screaming abuse. That fuckwit picked on the wrong guy and got his comeuppance.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2020, 01:39:30 PM

Can't be serious.

Yes, very serious.

Cantona's attitude and conduct during his career was often appalling, and indeed his response was in this case. You can acknowledge that while at the same time sympathizing with how a player might feel when some toerag comes running down the terrace screaming abuse. That fuckwit picked on the wrong guy and got his comeuppance.

I can kinda agree, but it's never been repeated since to my memory? Abuse has never left the terraces (and much worse than what Cantona got) and nobody else decided to throw themselves into the crowd with a fly kick.

nrico2006

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 27, 2020, 03:34:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2020, 01:39:30 PM

Can't be serious.

Yes, very serious.

I can kinda agree, but it's never been repeated since to my memory? Abuse has never left the terraces (and much worse than what Cantona got) and nobody else decided to throw themselves into the crowd with a fly kick.

Thats not to say they shouldn't.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'