Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 19, 2008, 08:01:38 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 19, 2008, 12:12:48 PM
What is the Primary School set up in around that whole area?  Are the likes of Silverbridge, Cullyhanna, Mullabawn, Cullaville catered for by their own schools are do they all go to St Pat's PS in Cross? 

Benny, Silverbridge is hardly catered for by a Primary School.  The Primary school in the area is Glassdrummond - it's got about 100 pupils and would only really get children from Glassdrummond or Tullydonnell.  - Most of the 'bridge kids would go to school in Cullyhanna (and maybe to a lesser extent Cross). 

I'd say Cullaville is similar, their Primary School is also very small and I'd imagine Cross Primary gets a lot from Cullaville. 

If anything pints its the other way about, younsters come out from Cross to go to school in Clonalig. I cant think offhand of any Culloville people who go to primary school in Cross

thebandit

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 23, 2008, 07:50:09 PM
I think we will find it hard at the weekend.  Harps will be bouyed by there gritty win against Mullaghbawn.  If you add into that the goodwill that Holmesy will bring with him from Tyrones win, they will be confident.  Cross are hardly an unknown so they will have to be at their best to win.  I expect them to win but Harps will be somewhat of an unknown and being complete underdogs they will have to be minded.

I think the Ogs will win with a bit to spare.  I think this is the year their name is on the cup and they would have to be favourites to win against Killeavey with some to spare.  Killeavey may be on a good run but Ogs are a serious team.  All over the field they will have too much class and if they an shackle McDonnell it will be a confortable win.  My only fear for them is that they might find being such strong favourites a hard mantle to carry but I think they are mentally strong enough to deal with that.

So from that comment are Cross 3rd favourites for the championship?  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thebandit on September 24, 2008, 08:56:53 AM
I think we will find it hard at the weekend.  Harps will be bouyed by there gritty win against Mullaghbawn.  If you add into that the goodwill that Holmesy will bring with him from Tyrones win, they will be confident.  Cross are hardly an unknown so they will have to be at their best to win.  I expect them to win but Harps will be somewhat of an unknown and being complete underdogs they will have to be minded.

I think the Ogs will win with a bit to spare.  I think this is the year their name is on the cup and they would have to be favourites to win against Killeavey with some to spare.  Killeavey may be on a good run but Ogs are a serious team.  All over the field they will have too much class and if they an shackle McDonnell it will be a confortable win.  My only fear for them is that they might find being such strong favourites a hard mantle to carry but I think they are mentally strong enough to deal with that.

So from that comment are Cross 3rd favourites for the championship?  ;)

Jaysus bandit, I never said that :P  As I said I expect them to beat Harps this weekend but they will be pushed to the pin of their collar. 

illdecide

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on September 24, 2008, 08:51:28 AM
Quote from: illdecide on September 23, 2008, 05:35:45 PM
Armagh SFC Semi Finals (click here to open|close this coupon)
  Match     Home Draw Away   
05 Oct 14:00 Pearse Ogs vs Killeavy     8/11   7/1   11/8   
05 Oct 15:45 Crossmaglen Rangers vs Armagh Harps     1/12   14/1   6/1   

Which bookie is offering those prices I'll decide? I would seriously consider a few quid on Killeavy. Always go with form and they are the form team.

Boylesports...Lump on saan
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

The Cross v Ulster game has been moved.  Somewhere in Monaghan apparently.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armaghniac

QuoteThe Cross v Ulster game has been moved.  Somewhere in Monaghan apparently.

Are we tipping Cross or Ulster for this one?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Onion Bag

I would be interested in seeing the Ulster team, Cant see any Tyrone lads playing, they havent sobered, and there are also a lot of guys tied up with club championships round the province, so it would interesting to see who Big Joe has on offer
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Uladh

He has a house full of players sure

corn02

Is SK really on the panel, seems a bit strange. What is the youngest Ross like? Good footballer or what?

nashville

I think the Ogs will win with a bit to spare.  I think this is the year their name is on the cup and they would have to be favourites to win against Killeavey with some to spare.  Killeavey may be on a good run but Ogs are a serious team.  All over the field they will have too much class and if they an shackle McDonnell it will be a confortable win.   My only fear for them is that they might find being such strong favourites a hard mantle to carry but I think they are mentally strong enough to deal with that.

Who do Cross play at the weekend?  :P

Just a question BC1, when was the last time you saw Ogs play? I heard they were VERY average against Granemore, completely losing midfield and relying on a last minute goal to seal the victory. Again they didn't look great against the Harps in the drawn league game, I would definitely take Killeavey to win this game.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Candyman on September 23, 2008, 05:22:31 PM
With Vernon, Holmes and Paul Hagan to come back in you never know with the Harps!!  ;)

how far is he off first team appearances!!

Candyman

About 2feet... (One right, one left  ;))

Hank Everlast

el_cuervo_fc

I see the Cuchulianns play middletown in the atheltic grounds next Thursday night under the lights