Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

winsamsoon

As i have already stated all clubs should be made fulfill all their fixtures. It would be a complete disgrace if Cross were to give Cullaville the points becasue it may decide the fate of another club. Thus taking away the impetus to the league structure. I would say Whitecross and culloville had been knocking their pans in trying to avoid relegation for about 2-3 months now. For something that is totally out of their control to decide it would be absolutely sickening to the players involved. It would also be a laughing stock once again as it has been for so many years. My own club done it last year, we never fielded against whitecross and the points we gave them kept them up. This could have backfired this year because whitecross actually beat us at Davitt so we dropped two points to them. It shouldn't happen lads but the county board must have stronger penalties for teams not adhering to the rules.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Edgeofthesquare

Did Whitecross not stay up last year by winning a playoff game against Newtown?  :-\

illdecide

Quote from: Edgeofthesquare on October 19, 2007, 03:20:37 PM
Did Whitecross not stay up last year by winning a playoff game against Newtown?  :-\

Maybe so but what winsam is saying is If the Clans had'nt of give them the two points they would not have been in the play off position in the first place
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

You see wiser men would look at what is written before speaking( typing). It wouldn't take a genius to work out that whitecross wouldn't have been in the play off if not for the two points given to them by the clans.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Sidelined

Whitecross and Newtown were in a higher position that Maghery and Mullaghbawn last year, by more than two points, only for the foolish play-off (bottom four) both teams were safe. Not only that but Whitecross played poorly most of last year only to raise their game when it mattered - in the play-off final.
Crossmaglen are looking to play thier game against Culloville at around noon, so they can watch the Monaghan final, if Culloville grant them an early game then they prob wont beat the Blues as a thank you. Actually, Culloville are a team that could beat Cross if they played a reasonably strong team. Outside of Cross there is not much between the teams in Division One and the top four of Division Two. Dromintee without Dyas is just a maybe a nose above the rest, Maghery and Clans are not far off and the rest is a level playing field.

diesel-smuggler

in reference to the cross v st.marys match last night:-

cross had a mixed team out that was no where near their usual starting 15 with only 7 or 8 regulars.
john donaldson had a great game at centre back, cathal short got a couple of nice scores in the forwards. hearty came on in the second half and dropped two into the net, aaron had his usual game in the attacking half-back role.

for st. marys, wouldnt know any of their players apart from those from armagh, or those who play county football. justin mcmahon from tyrone had a solid enough game, they had a player in the defence mcivor (someone said he was a son of brian) got stuck into cross and fought hard. they had a good armagh contingent as follows:- james lavery (maghery), paul keenan (carrickcruppen), paul carville (tir na nog) had a great game in corner forwards, john mccormack (annaghmore), gareth smyth (mullaghbawn), ryan hamill (silverbridge) another bridge lad who i dont know his name, gareth o'neill (dromintee) and of those names on that are on the armagh senior panel only came on in the last few minutes as they had a fitness examination (bleep test) beforehand!

pintsofguinness

Quotefor st. marys, wouldnt know any of their players apart from those from armagh, or those who play county football. justin mcmahon from tyrone had a solid enough game, they had a player in the defence mcivor (someone said he was a son of brian) got stuck into cross and fought hard. they had a good armagh contingent as follows:- james lavery (maghery), paul keenan (carrickcruppen), paul carville (tir na nog) had a great game in corner forwards, john mccormack (annaghmore), gareth smyth (mullaghbawn), ryan hamill (silverbridge) another bridge lad who i dont know his name, gareth o'neill (dromintee) and of those names on that are on the armagh senior panel only came on in the last few minutes as they had a fitness examination (bleep test) beforehand!
Probably Brendan Byrne?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fcuksake

Quote from: Sidelined on October 19, 2007, 07:38:01 PM
Whitecross and Newtown were in a higher position that Maghery and Mullaghbawn last year, by more than two points, only for the foolish play-off (bottom four) both teams were safe. Not only that but Whitecross played poorly most of last year only to raise their game when it mattered - in the play-off final.
Crossmaglen are looking to play thier game against Culloville at around noon, so they can watch the Monaghan final, if Culloville grant them an early game then they prob wont beat the Blues as a thank you. Actually, Culloville are a team that could beat Cross if they played a reasonably strong team. Outside of Cross there is not much between the teams in Division One and the top four of Division Two. Dromintee without Dyas is just a maybe a nose above the rest, Maghery and Clans are not far off and the rest is a level playing field.

what evidence supports this?
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

umgolaarmagh

FFS - FUCKSAKE - Look at there league position im sure that suppports his comment

twotwocharlie

where is everyone (watching england)?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Cullyhanna division 2 champions - they beat Cruppen 1-12 to 0-08 today
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

pintsofguinness

Cullaville beat cross - can't believe cross done cullaville a favour but I suppose it's nearly all one.  What sort of team had yous out crossfire?

bridge beat granemore by about ten points

crossfire

Cullaville beat Cross 3-6 to 0-14
Cross had their strongest team out but Culloville got the breaks
Cross were 3 behind halfway through the second half, our goalkeper had the ball in the small square, was pushed and lost the ball resulting in a goal. Should have been a free out.
Cross went from 6 behind to lead by 2 at full time.
Two minutes into injury time our keeper ( Mc Keown ) put a kick out over the sideline and from the resuling side line kick culloville got a goal.

pintsofguinness

How did the team line out?

Is hearty injured?  Surely he'd be first choice keeper?

Tones beat Clann Eireann