Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 17, 2019, 11:01:20 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 17, 2019, 03:21:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2019, 12:51:25 AM
Three in a row from ones who 'don't' postbon here or care!

Too funny

Don't think I've ever hid the fact I post on here. That was actually a genuine question although reading it back it could be construed as having a pop at him.

Anyway I would've added more to that question but was using voice activation on a drive back from San Diego and the fecking thing couldn't understand me. I heard somewhere they are waiting to see if he gets top 4, but When he got the job, top 4 would hardly have been a stipulation for the job cause they were so far back. I just find it strange they haven't offered him the full gig yet

Maybe they have some top manager lined up to come in at the end of the season, who wants to remain anonymous. OGS was just filling in and did better than expected. This has delayed them making the announcement.

OGS has done a great job! The Champions League win meant that the FA Cup was going to suffer and it did. It's sad to see clubs like Liverpool and Man U shrug their shoulders at going out of the Cup to Wolves. The Competition is as good as dead. It now is only seen in value as part of a winning combination, as in the double, the treble!
The grand slam is still on for city this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: snoopdog on March 17, 2019, 09:48:15 AM
It was a mistake to bring back so many players at once from injuriy
+1

Helix.

Everton doing a big favour for us this evening. Hopefully no major injuries over international break and go again against Watford!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Helix. on March 17, 2019, 06:25:36 PM
Everton doing a big favour for us this evening. Hopefully no major injuries over international break and go again against Watford!

Watford are another team I'll be happy to get 3 points from.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyCake on March 11, 2019, 09:40:01 AM
Quote from: Link on March 10, 2019, 09:26:26 PM
best keeper in the world a bit flat footed today

Was he? I didn't get to see the Real Madrid match.

Check out @fernandokallas's Tweet: https://twitter.com/fernandokallas/status/1108825808016154624?s=09

::) ::) ::)

GJL

3 year deal for Ole confirmed.  8)

Keyser soze

Hope the pressure doesn't ruin him, as it has a number of far bigger reputations than he has, be great to see him being successful.

Interesting article from Van Gaal, he doesn't see much different tactically between Mourinho and Ole.. other than Ole winning more lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47704834

mouview

Bit of a knee-jerk decision methinks, yet OGS immediate record makes it hard to argue with the appointment. With ZZ installed for the near term in the Bernabeu, Pochettino will probably have to stay put for another couple of seasons, until the MU job becomes available again I predict.

snoopdog

He deserves the job. Personally I'm delighted we have a red in the job. Best of luck to him . Hopefully.he will be treated better by the board than the last few were.regardless of how they did their departures were handled disgracefully by the club.

trailer

VVD will now be evicted as his landlord, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be moving his family over from Norway.

nrico2006

The important thing is that the backroom team stay together.  Good to see Phelan back and along with Carrick its good to see people who care about the club in charge.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Can see both sides of the argument and a little surprised the club didn't wait until May but for once Woodward and co have made a football decision here instead of business one. Won't be Oles fault if United don't reach the top 4 this season as because what happened August to December will be the reason for the that and having a fighting chance of Champions league football next season from a near impossible position is why he's been given the job full time now.

First manager since Ferguson that understands what the club is about and I'd agree with nrico having that backroom team stay together is important also. Director of football is needed next and with a full time manager in place things should be stepped up to make sure that a centre back,CDM,Right winger are all signed this summer and the likes of Herrera,DeGea should get their contracts sorted.

Jeepers Creepers

Interesting to see now 'he's nothing to lose ..is out the window. Best of luck to him, I hope he's a success.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: snoopdog on March 28, 2019, 11:05:43 AM
He deserves the job. Personally I'm delighted we have a red in the job. Best of luck to him . Hopefully.he will be treated better by the board than the last few were.regardless of how they did their departures were handled disgracefully by the club.

LvG was in particular. Best of luck to him. Am personally delighted.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 28, 2019, 01:09:19 PM
The important thing is that the backroom team stay together.  Good to see Phelan back and along with Carrick its good to see people who care about the club in charge.
And the Irvinestown man.