Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Wtf are people on here smoking, going on about 'understanding the club' and he is a 'red', as if that is some sort of qualification for the job or matters one flying f**k in the scheme of things.

Sure there are millions of people world wide [not forgetting the collection of football geniuses on this board  :D] who are both these things, but there are not 5 people on the planet who could manage MU and make a job of it.

If he fails to get the results that win big trophies he will be out on his hole the same as the last 3 guys. And probably getting called all sorts by the cognoscenti on here into the bargain.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 29, 2019, 10:05:12 AM
Wtf are people on here smoking, going on about 'understanding the club' and he is a 'red', as if that is some sort of qualification for the job or matters one flying f**k in the scheme of things.

Sure there are millions of people world wide [not forgetting the collection of football geniuses on this board  :D] who are both these things, but there are not 5 people on the planet who could manage MU and make a job of it.

If he fails to get the results that win big trophies he will be out on his hole the same as the last 3 guys. And probably getting called all sorts by the cognoscenti on here into the bargain.

He's come into the job on a hiding to nothing....he's managed to completely transform the form of some players - as opposed to tactically outsmarting many managers and showing what he is 'capable of' which has got him a string of sensational consecutive wins.

Do you think Man Utd fans will be happy with a fight for 4th next season though? If he's not top....or in striking distance by Hallowe'en next year.....we'll all begin to hear

seafoid

I don't think the directors have much ambition football wise for the club
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2019, 11:59:26 AM
I don't think the directors have much ambition football wise for the club

The transfer targets in the summer will show the ambition of the club and directors, problem is that they have backed themselves into a corner appointing Ole, in terms of transfers.

No one was overly keen to see JM get more money, but if they dont back Ole the fans will turn and it could get ugly. He will have his targets well outlined and they will be working on these between now and the summer, he wants business done early and any targets on the preseason tour of Australia.

With a few of the squad probably going to leave it will be a big rebuilding job and it wont be done in one transfer window either. Look at how City have built and added to a position of strength all along. Yes they have unlimited resources but it shows that it was not done in one go.

seafoid

Quote from: GJL on March 28, 2019, 09:05:22 AM
3 year deal for Ole confirmed.  8)

I was reading in the Daily Telegraph that Solskjaer costs about one third of Pochettino between annual salary and cost of contract buyout and that Molde got 500k compensation from buying him out of his contract. It is a big risk. I don't think the Glazers care about soccer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

Pochettino is obviously a good manager , but he is in his 5th season at Spurs and hasn't won anything. Spurs for a few seasons under him faded away near the end of the season. They were in a good position when Leicester won the League and ended up finishing 3rd.

Ole shown enough to get it, though thought the board would have waited till end of season if top 4 was achieved.

Boycey

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 29, 2019, 04:05:03 PM
Pochettino is obviously a good manager , but he is in his 5th season at Spurs and hasn't won anything. Spurs for a few seasons under him faded away near the end of the season. They were in a good position when Leicester won the League and ended up finishing 3rd.

Ole shown enough to get it, though thought the board would have waited till end of season if top 4 was achieved.

If you're doubting Poch on his record saying Ole has shown enough to get the job on a sample of less than 20 games makes no sense?

rodney trotter

I'm saying its not like they missed out on Pep. ,Ole has them playing good football winning games. Same what Pochettino has done at Spurs over a longer period.. The players, ex players are delighted with the appointment. If it was between Pep and Ole for the job, then the board wouldn't have rushed it?

Boycey

I love Ole more than a 50 year old man really should  :-[ and I hope everything goes for him at OT but I have to say it's a huge gamble on United's part. Probably half forced on them in fairness by what's happened since he took over but let's be honest he was seen as a stopgap who knew the club and would appease the fans while the powers that be looked for a new man. There's no way in this world you're plucked from managing in the Norwiegan league to manage at once of the biggest clubs in the world.

Anyway, Oles at the wheel enjoy the ride.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on March 29, 2019, 10:00:41 PM
I love Ole more than a 50 year old man really should  :-[ and I hope everything goes for him at OT but I have to say it's a huge gamble on United's part. Probably half forced on them in fairness by what's happened since he took over but let's be honest he was seen as a stopgap who knew the club and would appease the fans while the powers that be looked for a new man. There's no way in this world you're plucked from managing in the Norwiegan league to manage at once of the biggest clubs in the world.

Anyway, Oles at the wheel enjoy the ride.

+1

Bar being 50, 47 is soooo much younger ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Slightly biased as I also have a love for Ole but he has two league titles and a cup win with Molde certainly not the highest of heights but more than Pochettino's runner up finish in a league cup. In addition he's steeped in the traditions of the club, won trophies when in charge of the reserves and has done a lot right since caretaker appointment. There's a lack of good candidates out there's for me who I would have had ahead of Ole.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gaafan2

Quote from: David McKeown on March 29, 2019, 11:09:24 PM
Slightly biased as I also have a love for Ole but he has two league titles and a cup win with Molde certainly not the highest of heights but more than Pochettino's runner up finish in a league cup. In addition he's steeped in the traditions of the club, won trophies when in charge of the reserves and has done a lot right since caretaker appointment. There's a lack of good candidates out there's for me who I would have had ahead of Ole.

Zidane and guardiola won nothing before getting the real and Barca jobs.

GJL

Watched the game today. Utd very average and lucky to get the win. I don't think I've ever seen Pogba as uninvolved and disinterested in a game before. He was very poor. Shaw was excellent. Man of the match in my opinion. Watford deserved more from the game and were not shy coming forward.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GJL on March 30, 2019, 04:55:19 PM
Watched the game today. Utd very average and lucky to get the win. I don't think I've ever seen Pogba as uninvolved and disinterested in a game before. He was very poor. Shaw was excellent. Man of the match in my opinion. Watford deserved more from the game and were not shy coming forward.

Only watched bits of it. United looked as poor as they did against Wolves in the FA Cup. If United play that poorly in upcoming games against Barcelona,Chelsea,Man City etc they will be well beaten in all of them.

Insane Bolt

Jose wasn't wrong about Pogba.😳