Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Cheers minder - just saw it on other thread.

Sounds about right.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2010, 03:47:45 PM
Cheers minder - just saw it on other thread.

Sounds about right.

Just noticed PP odds, not much use if you fancied Cargin

St Galls 1/4 Cargin 10/3
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Paddy not taking any chances, might head round to Ladbrokes ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Galls 7-5 up at HT according to Antrim twitter
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Five in to us and we arent playing well. 20 mins to go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Hoof Hearted

jesus St Galls are some outfit. im sure they wouldnt have talked it about much before now, but a back to back all ireland is a REAL possibility. Cross and others will have plenty to say, but if this team are hungry enough they are certainly good enough for it
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

the colonel

3-13 to 0-10 final result. Congrats, I'll settle for that tomorrow!!
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Very confusing, not sure if we are brilliant or Cargin are shite. St Johns give us a torrid time but Cargin were pants!!!

I seriously do feel sorry for Cargin, i feel tactically they got it really bad tonight, the only tactic that worked was Kevin OBoyle man marking Kieran McGourty. Gerard O'Boyle up front was good to be fair. the rest didn't matter. Tony Scullion was dung also. Pantomime villain.

Home early, the big match tomorrow

imtommygunn

I doubt there'll be a worse county final in Ireland this year.

St Galls leagues ahead - little more than a training exercise.

Milltown Row2

So what happens next year? Do St Galls continue to win the Antrim Championship with no real push from the 'second best team'?

Majority of the players are still under 30 in the 27/28 age bracket and no sign of stopping. Having shown again that they still have the hunger we could win another 3 on the trot.

What team is showing promise to topple Naomh Gall?

oh and congrants to Sean Burns winning his 12 senior Football Championship medal. is there anyone who has won more Championship medals in Antrim?

Sportacus

from a neutral view: casement looked magnificent, not a big crowd and match rarely sparkled; ref too fussy; thought the girl put her heart into amhrainn na bhiann so for once i thought that worked.

disappointed with cargin. county men never stood out. michael mccann seems to be trying too hard and lacks confidence in front of goals. would he make a good centre-back?  o'boyle the only threat.

low point of the night - cargin manager dunting into the back of st gall's selector on sideline, trying to start something. sneaky and pathetic.

hope st gall's do well. thought o'boyle was turning their backs too handy - something to tighten up on.

kevin niblock is pure class.  i think he's going to be one of the best.  CJ showed his quality and overall it's easy to see why they are all ireland champions.

imtommygunn

Cargin manager was selector slim shady. I noticed that one myself.

Don't know who can challenge st galls.

The st galls team are all similar age so I don't think they will improve much. Creggan, on underage form, should be pushing in the next 4 or 5 years to be contenders. GNM seem to have faded away after some underage talent.

St Brigids could improve too. Cargin are young but they were so disappointing last night - tactics and confidence level - so I wouldn't be sure about them challenging unless they can sort it out.

Niblock so strong on the ball and has got more mobile. Caused havoc really and CJ one one one will only produce one result.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 26, 2010, 04:44:03 PM
Cargin manager was selector slim shady. I noticed that one myself.

Don't know who can challenge st galls.

The st galls team are all similar age so I don't think they will improve much. Creggan, on underage form, should be pushing in the next 4 or 5 years to be contenders. GNM seem to have faded away after some underage talent.

St Brigids could improve too. Cargin are young but they were so disappointing last night - tactics and confidence level - so I wouldn't be sure about them challenging unless they can sort it out.

Niblock so strong on the ball and has got more mobile. Caused havoc really and CJ one one one will only produce one result.

aye we were shouting at him ;D ;D ;D

hey slim give us a wave

NAG1

Aye MR thats just what we need more soccer style chanting!  ;)