Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SambaSaffron

Had heard about bookies in Belfast taking bets on league games as well actually, couldn't believe it was true. Doubt it would happen in championship, and as someone said 2 of the teams who won were strong favourites while the other game was hard to call, and Lamh Dearg were beaten bythe better team.

glens abu

News today says the Baker is in for Derry job. :o

Milltown Row2

he said he was staying??? who writes this stuff

thing is a club has probably nominated him and this is the process in Derry.

lets wait and see what 'Baker' says first

on another note, Any shocks this weekend in the Championship? St Galls to win by a point or two. tight pitch and players missing, playing against a charged up MG will be a lot tighter than people imagine, thats for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Get on St Brigids to beat Portglenone.

rashCharacter

St Galls
St Johns
Portglenone
Cargin

micko12368

St Galls beat Moneyglass 0-15 to 0-8

ONeill

Good article on Culbert in the Gaelic Life
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

Aye read that O Neill. Had a few dealings with him and have to say he is a really interesting character. A very proud gael and Irishman. Would have a lot of time for him.

Went to see his Derry club C`ship match last Friday in Bellaghy, and his Glen got out of jail with a goal in the last kick to draw with Newbridge. And tonight they won the replay by a point.

Fair play to him, and wouldnt be taking a penny out of Maghera.

glens abu

Quote from: bannside on August 23, 2010, 08:52:42 PM
Aye read that O Neill. Had a few dealings with him and have to say he is a really interesting character. A very proud gael and Irishman. Would have a lot of time for him.

Went to see his Derry club C`ship match last Friday in Bellaghy, and his Glen got out of jail with a goal in the last kick to draw with Newbridge. And tonight they won the replay by a point.

Fair play to him, and wouldnt be taking a penny out of Maghera.

Yeah Micky is a proud Gael and Irishman alright,good luck to him.

the colonel

Has always been great with Cushendall. Certainly helped us to a few championship medals
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

He's a top bloke alright, has also trained the Cushendall team for many years and does it because he loves it. Wouldn't even think about taking a penny.

He started the Galls fortunes also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Also took Donagh (Fermanagh) for a while, serious travelling for him, I think I remember being told he didn't even want to take mileage

bannside

I took a couple of club juveniles up to county u-17 development squad training last Saturday morning at Woodlands. Taking the session was none other than big PJ O Hare.

His session was top drawer, in terms of explanation, content, delivery, intensity. and enjoyment.
An old master at his work, and as motivated to improve Antrim football as he was when I first met him about twenty years ago!

We should be getting more from him round our development squads. Very little he dosent know about the game and for some of you younger posters Id say still the best full forward I have seen in an Antrim jersey.

Please can our development squads see a lot more of him. The lads loved him!

Milltown Row2

Big PJ is currently taking our reserves, came in at the start of the year and brought training back for the reserves, every Tuesday night. was not done before. the boys love it!!! his knowledge is top drawer. But one of the main things that he brings to the game is enjoyment, plenty of humour and best craic.

PJ is also good at letting you know, in a nice way, that your crap but have a purpose in the team, be it to break ball, or man mark a certain player or don't shoot give it to the forwards to score.

plenty of time for him

The Worker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2010, 02:27:10 PM

PJ is also good at letting you know, in a nice way, that your crap but have a purpose in the team, be it to break ball, or man mark a certain player or don't shoot give it to the forwards to score.

I thought you would have known this by now!  ;)