Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Good new re Magill

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=127431

Not such good news for the players with a very tough session on Saturday the day before all league games... Could this not have waited until Tuesday?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on April 20, 2010, 06:26:54 PM
Good new re Magill

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=127431

Not such good news for the players with a very tough session on Saturday the day before all league games... Could this not have waited until Tuesday?

bloody tough session tonight also and the lads have hurling league games tomorrow!! player burn out!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim:

1.  J Finucane (Lamh Dhearg)

2.  C Brady (St Galls)
3.  A McClean (St Galls)
4.  K O'Boyle (Cargin)

5.  T Scullion (Cargin)
6.  J Crozier (Cargin)
7.  S Kelly (St Galls)

8.  B Herron (Lamh Dhearg)
9.  M McCann (Cargin)

10.  T O'Neill (St Galls)
11.  CJ McGourty (St Galls)
12.  J Loughrey (St Brigids)

13.  P Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)
14.  M Magill (Randalstown)
15.  T McCann (Cargin)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

imtommygunn

Good to see Magill back as we badly miss a target man.

CJ at CHF is an interesting one. Unfortunate on Douglas to lose out to McClean but I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later.

Brutal. :'(

A bad day at the office or a worrying malaise ???

Minder

Maybe not the worst thing to happen, some people were getting ahead of themselves.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

aontroim

Agreed Minder - that will hopefully remove any complacency that had been building around the team - last night all over the pitch players looked tired, or else they just decided not to push as hard as Sligo (which would be hard to understand).

SambaSaffron

I know a lot of people won't agreee with me, and St Galls won't care, but that was a disgrace in Toome last night.

Quote from: SambaSaffron on April 27, 2010, 08:58:48 AM
I know a lot of people won't agreee with me, and St Galls won't care, but that was a disgrace in Toome last night.

What happened ???

SambaSaffron

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 27, 2010, 09:10:08 AM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on April 27, 2010, 08:58:48 AM

What happened ???
From the All-ireland final side, St Galls played 3 of the team - CJ in nets, Ronan Gallagher, a goalkeeper, in full-forward and Mark Kelly in the back line. Cargin gave them a guard of honour on to the pitch. Pity it wasn't for the All-Ireland Champions, but St Galls second string!
For neutral supporters like myself who paid £3 in expecting a good game, it was very disappointing, and in my opinion shows a lack of respect to their opponents and the competition itself. I understand the players need a break after a long season, but in their other league games at least some of the first team have featured.

Final score Cargin 2-23 St Galls 0-6 (or something close to that, I left long before the final whistle.

NAG1

Definite lack of respect shown to Cargin never mind the rest of the league but as was said before St Galls wont give a monkeys. They will be sitting in the long grass for most of the summer waiting for championship again, if Cargin would just get their heads together and use this lack of respect as a motivational tool to prepare for the championship we might get a game in the summer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 27, 2010, 11:22:28 AM
Definite lack of respect shown to Cargin never mind the rest of the league but as was said before St Galls wont give a monkeys. They will be sitting in the long grass for most of the summer waiting for championship again, if Cargin would just get their heads together and use this lack of respect as a motivational tool to prepare for the championship we might get a game in the summer.

christ lads give the lads a chance, some played a tough county game followed by a tough hurling match on the Sunday against Rossa and then expected to play Cargin down there!!!! relax lads St Galls do respect all the clubs (well maybe not St Johns ;))
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Cargin had almost the same numbers in the county game as you had. No hurling granted, but how many took part in the hurling and the county game? I'd say CJ was possibly one of the few, and he seemed to want to play on Monday night.

Milltown Row2

Samba , we are hardly a disgrace. there was five senior footballers hurling on sunday not including CJ.

if you want to give off about it then thats grand. they have young lads trying to make inroads into the senior team. playing Cargin in Toome will give the management a fair idea of the quality coming through, after that performance its not looking great.

I'd say Cargin would give up all their league titles to get to an All Ireland Final.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2010, 04:42:27 PM
Samba , we are hardly a disgrace. there was five senior footballers hurling on sunday not including CJ.

if you want to give off about it then thats grand. they have young lads trying to make inroads into the senior team. playing Cargin in Toome will give the management a fair idea of the quality coming through, after that performance its not looking great.

I'd say Cargin would give up all their league titles to get to an All Ireland Final.
That goes without saying, anyone would. If they had got to an All-Ireland final, I don't believe they'd have sent an entire second string to Sr Galls, or any club for that matter.

Bringing young lads in to the team should ideally be done by bringing a few in a time, not a whole reserve team! This kind of hammering will have done nothing for these lads confidence.

As I say, I know St Galls won't give a toss. But to send an entire reserve team, to be clapped out on to the field by a guard og honour, was an embarassment. I know I wouldn't have paid £3 if I'd known it was going to be the case!