Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

So wexford need to beat us by 9 and sligo win by 10.

Still I think / hope we can beat wexford anyway. By the look of it if we make it we'll be playing derry which would be interesting.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2010, 04:50:19 PM
So wexford need to beat us by 9 and sligo win by 10.

Still I think / hope we can beat wexford anyway. By the look of it if we make it we'll be playing derry which would be interesting.

I make it that Wexford actually need to beat us by 10??  This and a ten point win for Sligo would leave the points diff Wex +17 Sligo +17 Antrim +16, thus Sligo and Wexford would go up??  If we lose by 9 the points diff would be Wex +16 Antrim +17 therefore Antrim would go up ???
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

imtommygunn

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 29, 2010, 10:52:09 AM
Good point. 10 it is...

Hopefully this is an academic exercise in number crunching tommy.  I think we'll beat Wexford.  I was talking to some Tyrone friends over the weekend.  They're starting to sit up and take notice of Antrim. :)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

imtommygunn

I think we'll beat wexford too.

Tyrone still a massive step. After all the years of listening to Tyrone people gloating it would be sweet but it's a massive massive ask!

saffron sam2

Aye, hopefully Mickey Harte will show a bit of respect this year and stop the practice of anglicising the given names of the Antrim players, as he was wont to do in his memoirs.

Hopefully too, the Baker will try to introduce some tactics aimed at competing with Tyrone. Going man for man with John Cavanagh would be a start.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

imtommygunn

Niall McKeever, while being excellent in a number of games last year, was found wanting in the mobility stakes in the Tyrone game and to me he was the one should have been marking John.

Our midfield should be significantly more mobile this year so hopefully that won't be as big a problem. Or we could always just foul him at the half way line and rotate the players that foul him so we get no sendings off...

Winnie Peg

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 29, 2010, 03:05:33 PM
Niall McKeever, while being excellent in a number of games last year, was found wanting in the mobility stakes in the Tyrone game and to me he was the one should have been marking John.

Our midfield should be significantly more mobile this year so hopefully that won't be as big a problem. Or we could always just foul him at the half way line and rotate the players that foul him so we get no sendings off...

Antrim teams and in particular your present county champions are very well versed in that practice.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Winnie Peg on March 29, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 29, 2010, 03:05:33 PM

Antrim teams and in particular your present county champions are very well versed in that practice.

don't you mean current All Ireland Champions? it's been a Tyrone Armagh tactic that has worked well for us ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mid Down Gael

Anyone know if Kevin McGourty will be returning to the Antrim squad?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 29, 2010, 11:14:58 PM
Anyone know if Kevin McGourty will be returning to the Antrim squad?

Has he been asked?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Long Ball

Castlewellan Invitational Sevens
Sponsored by Azzurri

A Chara

I have pleasure in inviting your Club to participate in our Invitational seven-a-side senior football competition which will be held on Saturday 1st May 2010 in Castlewellan Co. Down. Our Club has been running a very successful men's annual seven-a-side competition for the past 30 years second only in stature to the Dublin Kilmacud Sevens with winners of the Castlewellan sevens receiving invitations each year to enter the prestigious Kilmacud Seven held on the eve of the All-Ireland final. Indeed many of the Castlewellan Sevens winners have gone on to win the Kilmacud Sevens in the same year.

Traditionally the Castlewellan Sevens have beed held on the eve of the All-Ireland hurling final but due to increasing club commitments at this time of years we have decided to relaunch our sevens competition in 2010 for the earlier date of Saturday May 1st. Also for the first time ever we will be hosting our Ladies annual seven-a-side competition on the same day. The winning team in each competitions this year will receive £1000.00 and runners-up £250.

This is an official GAA tournament and normal GAA rules apply, each participating club must obtain permission in writing from its respective County Committee. It is also a requirement that clubs are covered under the Players' Injury Scheme currently approved by Ard Chomhairle.

The Sevens are of course more than a highly competitive one-day competition. It is always a great social occasion and we can guarantee you a warm Co Down welcome to Castlewellan and to our Clubrooms where we will provide top quality meals for all players and officials and host a grand evenings entertainment. Many Clubs opt to stay over in some of the Town's fine guesthouses and local hotels a list of which is also attached.

I look forward to welcoming you to our Club on Saturday 1st May. A competition of this level with top quality prizes and meals for all competitors and officials makes it necessary for us to set a fee to off-set the expenses involved, the entry fee this year is £160stg per team or €180, please make cheques payable to Castlewellan G.A.C. Entry forms may be posted to secretary.castlewellan.down@gaa.ie

For further details of the competition including past winners etc please visit our website at  http://castlewellangac.webs.com/castlewellan7s.htm

Mise le mor-mheas

Rónán O'Cionga

Ronan O Cionga
Runai
Drive yer boot in her!!

saffron sam2

f**king fuckety f**k. Is it Charlie and the f**king bhoys or Hannah f**king Montana responsible for the grand evenings (sic) entertainment?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

CountyGK

Rest In Peace Chris McCloskey, minor footballer and hurler and member of St Joseph's GAC Glenavy, who died tragically on Wednesday in a car accident.

Rest in peace buddy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CountyGK on April 01, 2010, 10:31:29 PM
Rest In Peace Chris McCloskey, minor footballer and hurler and member of St Joseph's GAC Glenavy, who died tragically on Wednesday in a car accident.

Rest in peace buddy

terrible news, rest in peace