Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Fair play to Crossmaglen then. If it weren't for the club, the McEntees would be out ridin livestock or McConville would be at the diesel craic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

And if it weren't for the PSNI GAA Team........
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

glens abu

Great times for Antrim football,Good Luck St.Galls

saffron sam2

And then there's all this family stuff when they're lifting their skirts to anyone whose head they might turn with tales of great footballing riches, like Paddy Cunningham, Rory Gallagher and Michael Pollock.

Didn't harm Cunningham's inter-county career staying in Hannahstown.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

aontroim

I see Micheal Magill is out injured for the next couple of games - Niblock would be an immediate replacement in FF if he makes himself available after tomorrow's Final.

gallsman

Quote from: aontroim on March 16, 2010, 01:33:31 PM
I see Micheal Magill is out injured for the next couple of games - Niblock would be an immediate replacement in FF if he makes himself available after tomorrow's Final.

I think Niblock will need time off to finally get his ankles fixed.

NAG1

Good Luck to Naomh Gall, great to an 'Antrim' team in the final.

In all seriousness great achievement to get back to this stage and heres hoping they can go one better this time around!

saffron sam2

Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2010, 03:04:23 PM
Good Luck to Naomh Gall, great to an 'Antrim' team in the final.

In all seriousness great achievement to get back to this stage and heres hoping they can go one better this time around!

Hear, hear!

NAG1

Is it just me or is this a terrible quote to give on the eve of the game. Can be quoted out of context I know, but what the hell?

why can he not just be positive?

"You'll always have that small element of diehard lunatics that won't look outside their own club, but anyone in Antrim GAA who has a reasonable GAA bone in their body will be right behind St Gall's," McSparron told the Irish Independent.

gallsman

He's also talking bollox by saying we weren't beaten at minor for seven or eight years. With the 7 U21s that we won, I think there were at most four minor titles.

Still a lot like, but two clumps of two is vastly different from winning seven or eight straight.

saffron sam2

Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2010, 03:34:27 PM
Is it just me or is this a terrible quote to give on the eve of the game. Can be quoted out of context I know, but what the hell?

why can he not just be positive?

"You'll always have that small element of diehard lunatics that won't look outside their own club, but anyone in Antrim GAA who has a reasonable GAA bone in their body will be right behind St Gall's," McSparron told the Irish Independent.

Nothing negative in his comment, 100% accurate.

Uladhabu

Good Luck to the men from Miltown, I really hope that if/when they win we can hear from the Kelly's, Brady's Gallaghers etc etc instead of that gambling, alcoholic arrogant little ass****. Someone should get him media training if he's going to go on Bullshitting, stop talking about the club and start giving credit to his team mates for a change. Good luck to the Kelly's Gallagher's and all the rest of the team that deserve the lime light for wee change.

gallsman

Quote from: Uladhabu on March 16, 2010, 04:08:53 PM
Good Luck to the men from Miltown, I really hope that if/when they win we can hear from the Kelly's, Brady's Gallaghers etc etc instead of that gambling, alcoholic arrogant little ass****. Someone should get him media training if he's going to go on Bullshitting, stop talking about the club and start giving credit to his team mates for a change. Good luck to the Kelly's Gallagher's and all the rest of the team that deserve the lime light for wee change.

Yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn.

Someone should give you some how not to be a tosser training if you're going to keep on bullshitting.

ONeill

The very best wishes to the Galls tomorrow. They're a special outfit with a plethora of supremely talented players. There mightn't be a club side in the country that can keep possession the way this crowd can. Big game players with plenty of experience - they should have enough to do it. That's as long as they're prepared to do everything Killmurry attempt in terms of laying the body on the line for the club/cause. I can't see the Milltown men being found wanting in that respect either.

Great advert for their club, their county and for club football in general. I hope they show what they're capable of.

If they weren't playing a bit of ball they'd be glued out to the gills by midday on St Patrick's Day according to Heaney.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

maxpower

best of luck to galls from all in dunloy,
What happens next????