Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

games called off already in the county!!!! what was the reason?

just read game was played (11 each) and it ended with Conor Murray left in an Ambulance with a suspected broken leg. not good for Antrim if true (hope not)

Superstar

Sorry to hijack youre thread lads, but here goes:

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

Many thanks, i hope we can look forward to youre support.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

TheDoc

Quote from: milltown row on April 09, 2009, 06:36:03 PM
games called off already in the county!!!! what was the reason?

just read game was played (11 each) and it ended with Conor Murray left in an Ambulance with a suspected broken leg. not good for Antrim if true (hope not)

Your right game was played.
Murray injured himself landing in the first minute. Fracture and ligament damage. Also heard his brother Kevin was sent off and the match was blow-in up early with fisticuffs from Terry Reilly and Mark Lynch.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

firehill

I will clear it up what happened.... Score 11 all.. poor match 5 points scored from play.. referee brutal for both teams.. you think he was reffin a touch rugby game,,,, and his poor decisions were getting to both sets of players .  Conor murray fractured bone in his ankle first min landing from a jump. Kevin got 2 yellows.  then the fisty cuffs that you stated doc was not even a punch thrown a manager from ourselves and their chairman were havin heated words after a linesman was threatened by their chairman and a gort na mona player hit the linesman in the face with a ball. THe gme was up anyway so wasnt blown early.

Poor game and div 2 so hardly see where it deserves merit

milltown row

seems bradley has done what prvious mangers have failed to do, promotion looks secured with Sligo beating Waterford today. well done Bradley.

play off final against Sligo then, sets it up well for the Donegal game.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: milltown row on April 12, 2009, 04:51:56 PM
seems bradley has done what prvious mangers have failed to do, promotion looks secured with Sligo beating Waterford today. well done Bradley.

SS2 looks like you got this wrong also!

saffron sam2

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 12, 2009, 06:49:29 PM
Quote from: milltown row on April 12, 2009, 04:51:56 PM

SS2 looks like you got this wrong also!

I have got nothing wrong. Promotion from Div. 4 is not an achievement I shall be boasting about. Thusfar Antrim have gained one more league point than they had at the same stage last year (Derry interestingly have one less).

For progress to be seen in Antrim, a win in Ballybofey against a shambolic Donegal team is imperative. There is now only one division between the two teams and it is certainly not unheard of for teams a division below to beat the higher ranking team. I'm thinking here of Fermanagh and Monaghan last year. Against Derry.

Have you anything sensible to add?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

Sam there have been a dozens of shite managers in the time since we last won the Ulster title. it cant be the managers all the time.

Maximus Marillius

You bemoaned Bakers appointment, and suggested he was not good enough. Well he has been good enough to get u boys promoted...one point here , one point there, bull shit. He has got u promoted. Its all about results , and he has improved your lot in 4 quick months. looking at it from the outside, I would think promotion was more important than the championship this year. Its important to play against better teams. Also the players will be prepared to committ more due to having some success. BTW when was the last time Antrim played out of Div 4.

And the good news, it took a Derry man to show you boys how to do it :P :D

Not  a word of thanks or praise from you...says it all about you

imtommygunn

To be fair Baker has done a very good job. It has to be remembered he's really working without a FB in the absence of McLean and Convery retired and he has no Sean Kelly. The less said about the other two missing St Galls boys the better though I think he's handled that well.

Max you have some fair points but then you go and let yourself down with the question about how long antrim have played in division 4. In it's current form it's existed for 2 years and Antrim have been there for , yes, 2 years. So Baker did what Jody didn't but what managers went before him were in different league structures so can't be measured against.

Realistically Donegal will be hard to beat. They may not be great at the minute but they were playing division one and have a lot of experience.

Maximus Marillius

imtommygun...I asked because I genuinely did not know, or did I know what the previous structuring of the league s were either! I wasn't trying to be smart!!

imtommygunn

;D apologies, first time for everything!

It was 2a and 2b the previous years as per 1a and 1b there was no difference in standard. 1,2,3 and 4 has a much better structure to it - teams are better levelled whereas before, for example, armagh would have been playing division 4 equivalents in division 2 the year they won the AI.

A Quinn Martin Production

Not sure of my dates as it's lost in the mists of time, but I can remember Antrim being in Div 2!  I think it was about 1907!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

culchie11

heard last night that league matches next wednesday night might be called off due to division 4 final sat week!!

Glensman

If so that's a joke. Antrim promoted already.

We would already be starting the season on the wrong foot by doing this. Absolutely nothing wrong with league games being played Wednesday 22nd, final on the Saturday and league games the following Wednesday.

We need to wise up. From what little I hear of Baker I'd be surprised if he would enforce calling the game off.

The Sligo rematch will be a good opportunity at a competetive friendly but the leagues need to go on.