Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

awh sure that is common knowledge in these parts   :D

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

NAG

Well sure isnt he at the Ranch sure he has to be Pius!

Glensman

Are both Kelly and McClean not playing then?

I thought Kelly was coming back for the league and McClean was injured (though I was just guessing the latter).
McClean pretty dedicated or am I mistaken.

milltown row

Saffron your better informed than Paddy Heaney, that quality hack from the Irish news.

i wonder how you get your information ;) 

County training tonight, i bet ya Pius will be there

bannside

Any feedback on last nights championship draws? Big on local derbies (or is that just a soccer term)!

aontroim

What were the draws Bannside, and were the Hurling draws made also?

culchie11

anyone know the full draws?

i just know who we got!!
rasharkin v st galls sfc
:o

bannside

I`ll do my best from memory. But donr take this as official!

Prelilinary Round. Friday 31st July.

1. Cargin v Moneyglass
2. Lamh Dherg v Gort Na Mona
3  St Pauls v St Johns
4. St Galls v Rasharkin
5. Portglenone v Creggan

Quarter Final. Fri 21 - Sun 23 August.
A. Winners of 3 v 4
B. Winners of 1 v 2
C. St Brigids v Dunloy
D. Winners of 5 v All Saints

Semi Finals. Winners of D v Winners of C.  Winners of A v Winners of B.

Subject to clarification. Sorry, I only got the senior details.

imtommygunn

Portglenone v Creggan and St Galls v St Johns should be good ties.

Cargin would be too strong for Moneyglass but there'll be plenty of bite in that game anyway.

Lamhs, St Galls and St Brigids should have too much in the rest.

saffron sam2

Quote from: bannside on January 20, 2009, 11:12:33 AM
I`ll do my best from memory. But donr take this as official!

Prelilinary Round. Friday 31st July.

1. Cargin v Moneyglass
2. Lamh Dherg v Gort Na Mona
3  St Pauls v St Johns
4. St Galls v Rasharkin
5. Portglenone v Creggan

Quarter Final. Fri 21 - Sun 23 August.
A. Winners of 3 v 4
B. Winners of 1 v 2
C. St Brigids v Dunloy
D. Winners of 5 v All Saints

Semi Finals. Winners of D v Winners of C.  Winners of A v Winners of B.

Subject to clarification. Sorry, I only got the senior details.

Looks like Cargin will play St. Gall's in one semi-final.  Harder to call the other side but I would fancy Portglenone to play (and beat) St. Brigid's.

Certainly the winners of the Creggan / Portglenone match will fancy their chances of a final appearance and anything less than that for either club will be seen as an unmitigated disaster. Particularly so with the Casements who have recent final experience behind them.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Uladh

Quote from: Glensman on January 16, 2009, 03:10:25 PM
Are both Kelly and McClean not playing then?

I thought Kelly was coming back for the league and McClean was injured (though I was just guessing the latter).
McClean pretty dedicated or am I mistaken.

Is McClean the lad who missed an championship match for antrim a few years ago becaue he had a holiday booked with the girlfriend?

imtommygunn

No, that was Brady...

A Creggan - Cargin final would be a good one.

I fancy Creggan to take Ports.

St Brigids are ever improving too. Not sure what they could do - but I think they're a bit short of Creggan / Portglenone yet.

bannside

I know the neutrals would have been hoping to keep St Galls and Cargin in different sides of the draw. But the way it has turned out, a lot of teams will be seeing this as a good chance to get to a final at least.

Creggan, under highly rated Ballinderry duo of Mc Ivor and Conway will see this as ideal, and St Brigids seem to be getting closer every year, and who knows what new signings they have picked up in the "close season". Portglenone will just be glad to have missed Cargin and St Galls, but Creggan will be happy enough with this one, with their big c`ship tradition, and a great batch of minors coming through. Dunloy could beat anyone in a one off, and if All Saints repeat the form they showed by dispatchng Moneyglass, they wont overly fear anyone in their side of the draw.

Rasharkin also seem to pull out the stops when it comes to c`ship, and will throw the kitchen sink at mighty Galls. Wont be as much in this as people think, but Rasharkin would have preferred a country venue. The other two are both crackers, St Pauls and St Johns, as well as the Gorts versus Lamh Dearg. Finally, the one team Moneyglass dont fear is Cargin, and again this could be another local cracker!

OK, big two still the ones everyone will fancy, but a lot of teams might see themselves getting some kind of run. Most open C`ship for years, particularly in terms of predicting the two finalists.

Anyone fancy a stab at the odds?