Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

was 92 when Lamhs were awarded it. row broke out involving Cargin and St Johns i think in the semi, back in the day when you could stamp on heads and get off with stern look from the referee.

fair to say Lamhs had a decent team and could have won it on the day but sure we'll never know :-\

imtommygunn

They'd have pushed for it anyway. They'd Frankie Wilson, Colm McCabe, Micky Boyle,Terry McCrudden etc in those days and weren't a shabby team. St Johns were a good final team(knew how to win but weren't great) in those days but Cargin had a habit of capitulating in finals.

milltown row

saffron sam2

I see in today's Irish News that Frankie Delargey of Portglenone is allegedly putting his name forward for the Antrim job. Don't really know anything about him. What do other punters think of him?

It would also appear that Madden has been ruled out of the reckoning by those tasked with finding a new manager because he is too young. Not a powerful lot younger than either Jody Gormley or Jason Ryan one would think.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

NAG

What we need in Antrim someone who is above all the petty club disputes and has the respect of the all the clubs Brian White has this (Madden does not).

We need someone who is going to come in and make sure the players know who the boss is and the consequences of crossing him. We need someone who knows how to man manage not all players will react the same way to the same treatment I believe Brian knows this and is capable of turning around the fortunes.

As an antrim fan I am not looking to be contesting finals or dominating football, we are looking for a team that is honest and hard working that we can get behind and support not the premadonna's that we have at present.

A team that will work hard and fight in games as they do for their clubs not throw in the towel when the slightest sign of weakness appears.

Give us a team to be proud of is all we are asking.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 07, 2008, 11:51:04 AM
I see in today's Irish News that Frankie Delargey of Portglenone is allegedly putting his name forward for the Antrim job. Don't really know anything about him. What do other punters think of him?

It would also appear that Madden has been ruled out of the reckoning by those tasked with finding a new manager because he is too young. Not a powerful lot younger than either Jody Gormley or Jason Ryan one would think.

:D :D :D
if you turn someone down because of this they really will become the laughing stock of ulster football :D
he would be between 28+30, hardly a f**king child !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

aontroim

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 07, 2008, 11:51:04 AM

I hope that is a wind up about Delargy?? Looks like Madden is going to be involved in the Derry setup if Cassidy gets the nod as manager.  That won't do his CV any harm as he will see more big game experience with Derry for the next couple of years than with Antrim.

SidelineKick

i wouldnt let delargy manage a division 2 under 12 B team.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

imtommygunn

I think he could be a contributor on this board...

SidelineKick

dont know if he still is but he certainly was. then his cover was blown  :D those were the days!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

aontroim

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 07, 2008, 03:53:07 PM

he's still here  ;)

saffron sam2

Quote from: aontroim on October 07, 2008, 05:56:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 07, 2008, 03:53:07 PM

he's still here  ;)

To quote hardstation, "f**k sake, lads"
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gold

I wonder will Brian White bring in Coyler as his right hand man. Cue Coyler again saying "our Barrys playin some great stuff so he is, stick him in there at full forward"
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Minder

Quote from: nearlymad on October 08, 2008, 09:34:38 AM
Quote from: Gold on October 07, 2008, 09:39:16 PM
I wonder will Brian White bring in Coyler as his right hand man. Cue Coyler again saying "our Barrys playin some great stuff so he is, stick him in there at full forward"

Brian will not be taking up this post and Delargy has as much chance as my dog has of doing it.A surprise is on the cards which nobody will predict.Remember this when it comes out.The Doctor and friends have been busy.

So will we be impressed, horrified or just surprised?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn