Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2023, 10:31:32 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 20, 2023, 09:47:16 AM
Head to head includes score difference between the teams.

Unless TNN take something at St John's they are gone along with St Endas.

That's bizarre, has that always been the case? Fine margins

Do you think?  If head to head why not aggregate?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on July 20, 2023, 10:46:10 AM
St.Endas seem to be in bad decline over past few years? It wasn't long ago that they were being talked up on winning a Championship.

I think they are fine, they are defo a Div 1 team but injuries county commitments and while they don't have to many crossovers in teh hurling side of things it has impacts on training and availability of everyone.

I've seen them beat fancied teams with or go toe to toe with top teams. They also have plenty of youth coming through, just need to maximize their potential....

Having plenty coming through doesn't always equate to success though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on July 20, 2023, 10:49:40 AM

I thought it would be (logically) head to head, if they are even then move down to score difference over all, not head to head score difference between the two teams. Sounds off?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Quote from: Saffron_sam20 on July 20, 2023, 10:33:52 AM

are St Endas down regardless of their result against St Galls?

Pretty sure it is the case that both Moneyglass and TNN have the head to head on them meaning they can't avoid a bottom finish.

They are a club that have been doing loads of work and have travelled further than most in their development so I don't imagine they will stay down for long.

Like of Gorts are past their peak so a different case.  Plus Gorts could still have a sting in the tail come Championship where I believe their main focus has been this year.

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2023, 10:53:06 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 20, 2023, 10:49:40 AM

I thought it would be (logically) head to head, if they are even then move down to score difference over all, not head to head score difference between the two teams. Sounds off?

Lol - you and me two different logics - for me logically head to head should go right to aggregate but can see arguments for both (and I hope I have not been feeding duff info this am 😀).  And let's face it there will be factors throughout the season that will work for or against teams.

I think what is most important is that clubs know at the start of the season what criteria they are playing to, from number promoted, relegated to tie breaker rules etc.

barnish oggie

Going by our performance last night v Rossa I don't think we'll get a result against the Johnnies so H2H will be inconsequential.

We nearly pulled it out of the fire with a lucky goal and the missed 45s at the end.

But even when Rossa were a man down to a black card, they were head and shoulders above us.

McEnhill had 2 men on him and still couldn't be stopped.

So much for hoping they knew they were safe and taking the foot off the gas!

Hectic

Think you need something against St John's to avoid it going to head to head.

Big incentive though - take something from the game and safety ensured.

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2023, 10:51:07 AM
Quote from: ck on July 20, 2023, 10:46:10 AM
St.Endas seem to be in bad decline over past few years? It wasn't long ago that they were being talked up on winning a Championship.

I think they are fine, they are defo a Div 1 team but injuries county commitments and while they don't have to many crossovers in teh hurling side of things it has impacts on training and availability of everyone.

I've seen them beat fancied teams with or go toe to toe with top teams. They also have plenty of youth coming through, just need to maximize their potential....

Having plenty coming through doesn't always equate to success though

If you can't stay up without your county men you are not a div 1 team imo

Milltown Row2

With all teams in both leagues played 17 games, We'd be currently 7th, which is a fair reflection of where we are as a team these last few years, transition has been very slow, and while there are green shoots here and there, watching us play we are still very naive, was great to see some of the boys roving up and down the pitch last night, but that experience has allowed the team to stay up and gain some more experience.

Burnsy should/could be on the call up for Antrim next year, he's improving all the time

Hectic

Not a top Div 1 team/squad I would say.

Fair few teams in the lower reaches whom losing a few county players and possibly a few more to U20 for a chunk could seriously dent what they field.

But on the flip if teams they are playing are similarly handicapped then maybe some balance exists.

Anyway, it's not something that is going to go away and this year is not unique in terms of impact.

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2023, 01:55:27 PM
With all teams in both leagues played 17 games, We'd be currently 7th, which is a fair reflection of where we are as a team these last few years, transition has been very slow, and while there are green shoots here and there, watching us play we are still very naive, was great to see some of the boys roving up and down the pitch last night, but that experience has allowed the team to stay up and gain some more experience.

Burnsy should/could be on the call up for Antrim next year, he's improving all the time

Is that not a bit creative given youse have played more games against the weaker teams than the like of Creggan and Ahoghill?

Though I see you have the head to head with Creggan factored in 😀

Ghost+Tommy

Although we drew last night,at least a couple off things stood out,MG should've got at least 4 gls on top off the 1 they scored,PT was brutal for both teams,pea must have been lost, we rely on frees and OE too much,should've been beat,but hearing we might just get over the line 😉

barnish oggie

I hear there are further developments after Moneyglass v St Endas last night.....St Endas might not be out of the picture after all if a players registration isn't by the book.

Might depend on how much St Endas are going to fight it but there is a bit of uncertainty.

Not that it makes any difference to TNN!

We still need a point either way.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on July 20, 2023, 02:04:27 PM

Is that not a bit creative given youse have played more games against the weaker teams than the like of Creggan and Ahoghill?

Though I see you have the head to head with Creggan factored in 😀

Positive spin is good!  :D

Hoof Hearted

A win or a point on Sunday for st johns would put them 3rd then with your logic
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012