Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Offaly not a bad side at all. Think they will win more games than they lose

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 29, 2023, 06:33:04 PM
Offaly not a bad side at all. Think they will win more games than they lose

country bumpkin

Jeez after the previous management took it out of the basement and retained status in 22 the calls for their respective heads on the proverbial heads on a stake were loud.
Now crumbs of comfort are gleaned despite division 4 beckoning

Facts are that we are limited in personnel and unless radical intervention such may well be a long term residency..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 29, 2023, 07:09:31 PM
Jeez after the previous management took it out of the basement and retained status in 22 the calls for their respective heads on the proverbial heads on a stake were loud.

Facts are that we are limited in personnel and unless radical intervention such may well be a long term residency..

When did we reside in any other position?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: EOC1923 on January 29, 2023, 05:47:07 PM
Would have to question the calibre of player we are bringing off the bench, Finnegan and Mervyn are no where near at the level, and without wanting to be insulting, wouldn't get near a decent club teams starting 15. One of the best players in Antrim Sean O Neill never got a second. Baffling !

Mr Mccrudden seems to hold some sway. Declan very slow and behind his man all day. James mcauley similar but at least put in a few hits, Ruairi from Creggan not near fit it seems and just doesn't get involved enough, Conor Murray would be some help if he was to commit to it all.
Sean og O'Neill getting no game time is really quite ridiculous alright I dare say he's the first man pencilled down on any cargin line up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on January 29, 2023, 07:40:05 PM
Would have to question the calibre of player we are bringing off the bench, Finnegan and Mervyn are no where near at the level, and without wanting to be insulting, wouldn't get near a decent club teams starting 15. One of the best players in Antrim Sean O Neill never got a second. Baffling !

Mr Mccrudden seems to hold some sway. Declan very slow and behind his man all day. James mcauley similar but at least put in a few hits, Ruairi from Creggan not near fit it seems and just doesn't get involved enough, Conor Murray would be some help if he was to commit to it all.
Sean og O'Neill getting no game time is really quite ridiculous alright I dare say he's the first man pencilled down on any cargin line up.

Guys give Sean a break, first season property at senior level with a bunch of people he's getting used to and nearly on his own. He's going to be a permanent fixture with the county so let it happen organically without the pressure piled on him wondering why he didn't get game time!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 07:12:01 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on January 29, 2023, 07:09:31 PM

When did we reside in any other position?

Well, tough question but 'basement' is bottom i e division 4..

Think we reside in division three......atm

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 07:45:39 PM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on January 29, 2023, 07:40:05 PM

Guys give Sean a break, first season property at senior level with a bunch of people he's getting used to and nearly on his own. He's going to be a permanent fixture with the county so let it happen organically without the pressure piled on him wondering why he didn't get game time!

No pressure MR2 but he's better than what is on or coming on just a fact I'm sure he's delighted to be getting 10 minutes in two challenge games and mckenna Cup games but yes he will be a permanent fixture for years to come

Milltown Row2

I ref'd a game he played more than ten minutes. In Antrim we have always put the best young talent on from the first opportunity, I've seen lads who are now in pain after over extended abuse!!

Personally I feel he needs to fill out a bit if I'm being honest, to take the hits

EOC1923

Fill out a bit? Wise up, you really haven't clue. So a limited player with big guns starts ahead of him. Jesus I have heard it all

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 08:12:23 PM
I ref'd a game he played more than ten minutes. In Antrim we have always put the best young talent on from the first opportunity, I've seen lads who are now in pain after over extended abuse!!

Personally I feel he needs to fill out a bit if I'm being honest, to take the hits

That's the perception people think he is too small he's well fit for it. believe me he is hard as nails

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on January 29, 2023, 08:19:52 PM
Fill out a bit? Wise up, you really haven't clue. So a limited player with big guns starts ahead of him. Jesus I have heard it all

Ok, I gave my reason why, f you don't agree that's fine, keep your abuse though

EOC1923

No abuse, Sean Kelly got his chance early and he was no Arnold Schwarzenegger

Lár na páirce 1

I do recall Kevin Madden playing who was very slight turned out to be a fantastic player. Hopefully Andy gets a grip on things soon.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on January 29, 2023, 08:24:52 PM
No abuse, Sean Kelly got his chance early and he was no Arnold Schwarzenegger

If you don't see the differences in players at county level over club level then I don't think you see enough county footballers of today. 

Sean finished county early enough though