Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NatSoSaff on January 10, 2023, 10:00:08 AM
1) Mick Byrne (great young Keeper) but Jinny McNabb should be in that panel and team.

2) Patrick McCormick
3) Paddy McAleer
4) Peter Healy

5) Dermot McAleese
6) Eoghan McCabe
7) Sean O'Neill

8) Kevin Small
9) Marc Jordan

10) Jamie Gribben
11) Pat Shivers
12) Patrick McBride

13) Dominic McEnhill
14) Ryan Murray
15) Odhran Eastwood

I would go with this. There are good footballers and good balance throughout each line. McAleer is a gamble worth taking at full back. Jamie Gribben can provide great cover and intelligence as a sweeper when required. McEnhill can drop out to half forward and Shivers and Murray can rotate positions throughout the game. I for one am really looking forward to the Offaly game to see who we have back for selection and who McEntee goes with. We should be well enough equipped to keep our heads above Longford, Fermanagh and Tipperary this year and if we do, it's a positive year.

No R McCann Creggan? no established free taker? Was McNabb interested?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NatSoSaff

:o I left Ruairi out! Sorry, he would have to go in ahead of McEnhill sorry, but McEnhill has looked very promising and will add hugely this year assuming this regime use him!

NatSoSaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2023, 10:04:15 AM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on January 10, 2023, 10:00:08 AM
1) Mick Byrne (great young Keeper) but Jinny McNabb should be in that panel and team.

2) Patrick McCormick
3) Paddy McAleer
4) Peter Healy

5) Dermot McAleese
6) Eoghan McCabe
7) Sean O'Neill

8) Kevin Small
9) Marc Jordan

10) Jamie Gribben
11) Pat Shivers
12) Patrick McBride

13) Dominic McEnhill
14) Ryan Murray
15) Odhran Eastwood

I would go with this. There are good footballers and good balance throughout each line. McAleer is a gamble worth taking at full back. Jamie Gribben can provide great cover and intelligence as a sweeper when required. McEnhill can drop out to half forward and Shivers and Murray can rotate positions throughout the game. I for one am really looking forward to the Offaly game to see who we have back for selection and who McEntee goes with. We should be well enough equipped to keep our heads above Longford, Fermanagh and Tipperary this year and if we do, it's a positive year.

No R McCann Creggan? no established free taker? Was McNabb interested?

Complete oversight on Ruairi MR2! Big Shivers, Ryan Murray and Paddy McBride are all established free takers!

NatSoSaff

McEnhill doesn't look too bad on the frees either should he start.

JimStynes

No room at the Inn for the Aghagallon men as per

Milltown Row2

Yeah they are good free takers no doubt, feel Ruairi is better open play also, he has proved in big games along with big Pat that they have that, are they both left footers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NatSoSaff

Quote from: JimStynes on January 10, 2023, 10:10:49 AM

Loughran for me all day long Jim, but is he not longer term injury? My team is based on potential line-out for the offaly game at the end of the month

NatSoSaff

I was always a big fan of jamie lamont at club level as well Jim. I'm not sure if he's involved this year?

JimStynes

Quote from: NatSoSaff on January 10, 2023, 10:15:51 AM

I was always a big fan of jamie lamont at club level as well Jim. I'm not sure if he's involved this year?

Jamie wasn't asked. Big Oisin had only one training since our championship final and played the full game against Armagh. He's a good footballer but just needs some time.

Caesar

1. Mick Byrne
2. Patrick McCormick
4. Peter Healy
5. Dermot McAleese
6. James Laverty
7. Ronan Boyle
8. Kevin Small
9. Kevin Rice
10. Marc Jordan
11. Ruairi McCann
12. Patrick McBride
13. Dominic McEnhill
14. Conor Small
15. Adam Loughran

With everyone fully fit, this would be my pick.
Haven't listed a #3 as fullback is a problem position and genuinely not sure what the best solution would be. Niche position so reluctant to shoehorn a player from a different position into full back.
Would love to be able to add Niall Delargy and Matt Fitzpatrick to this team too.

NatSoSaff

The year Kevin O'Boyle has had with Cargin it would be a dream to coax him back for another year or two at full back

bannside

Plus one, or into a corner and allow Peter Healy to go whb. Kobo had a class year, still one of the best performers in the county. Justin Crozier could also be an option for FB but for a bit of tenure it would either be coax Ricky back or see who goes best between Paddy Mc Aleer or young Hynds who was thrown in at the deep end and it would be harsh to judge his overall ability on two performances in a position that I imagine are alien to him. And to be fair he wasn't stand out sub standard.

geezer

Anyone know if the following available...Johnston brothers? Mccanns? Conor murray? Laverty? Decky lynch.  Need boys like that in the team.

Kobo was brilliant this year. Looked fit as ever. Would be some asset to have.

EOC1923

Kobo is 35, you didnt mention Mick or Tomas but they are 35 and 37. Cant keep reverting back to these players if we want a plan long term. Plus we need them fit for the club season  :D

bannside

JS, what's the story with big Eunan? Would definitely
be thereabouts on my team...he isn't on the panel!

He's another who got a raw deal with previous management who filled his head full of empty promises (week after week) about game time that never materialised. I thought under fresh management he was tailor made for the next few years!