Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would ye whist

Does anyone know this man or is he a nomad?

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on September 12, 2022, 09:59:24 AM
Allegedly Stiffler...that's the word on the street anyway....can't be sure......let's wait and see......time will tell.... apparently from the winning camp too Whist...

Agree, ref got a few wrong here and there, but it balanced out overall. Wouldn't have been an easy game to do, I thought he handled it well enough overall.
The winning camp were all in a circle players and management as the officials left the pitch. Not much truth in that one BS.
The referee made some strange calls for both teams but it hardly gave rise for anyone to mention it afterwards.

Caesar

Unsure if some people on here are playing a game or genuinely believe this will be PG1's year, but quick reminder that they are playing the team that dumped them out last year.
Any talk of PG1 expected to make the final is premature and Aghagallon are rubbing their hands!

bannside

In the true interests of sport Caesar, bring it on. Nothing wrong with two camps going into a game brimming with confidence. You can be sure no one will underestimate the other, let's put it that way. The events of last year add a bit of spice alright, but that wasn't the fault of any player, it was a monumental c**k up by an experienced county official.

Would ye whist

I am seeing a lot of noise on Twitter as to the Creggan v Rossa game and the fact it went a head in the second half.

From the live stream it looked like some areas of the pitch were worse than others, anyone at the game got any thoughts. Also I did hear last night Rossa took no issue with the pitch until they were 4/5 points down, Karol Doc would have been a brave man to call the game off at that point

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on September 12, 2022, 10:38:25 AM
I heard a man lost control of himself and caused a bit of a scene.

First time that ref been appointed for  a Cargin came and although he did make a couple of mistakes he carried no baggage and did well...

Saw nobody making approach to the officials leaving the ground and not coincidental those who would point fingers.

Seems St Mary's have regained the positive trail.and they may well be in pursuit of another final appearance...

Mickey Linden

Quote from: bannside on September 12, 2022, 11:16:33 AM
In the true interests of sport Caesar, bring it on. Nothing wrong with two camps going into a game brimming with confidence. You can be sure no one will underestimate the other, let's put it that way. The events of last year add a bit of spice alright, but that wasn't the fault of any player, it was a monumental c**k up by an experienced county official.

What was the monumental c*ck up last year out of interest? Another period of et agreed by both teams rather than the lottery of a penalty shootout?

Interesting take on monumental c*ck ups if that is what indeed u are referring to? 

bannside

I reserve the right of no reply. You'd have far too much experience for me Ghost tbh with that level of debate. Will gladly give that one a miss.

geezer

Both semis surely be at Dunsilly you'd think.

Lár na páirce 1

Creggan/Cargin @5 on Saturday 24th in Dunsilly

JimStynes

Any date for the relegation playoff with Ballymena and Aghagallon?

Would ye whist

Any word on the other semi?

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on September 12, 2022, 05:02:09 PM

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 12, 2022, 08:04:28 PM
Any word on the other semi?

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1

link=topic=21.msg2149416#msg2149416 date=1662998529

Sunday @5 in Dunsilly

belfastsaff

will be a cargin - pg1 final with CB, EOC and BS all just enjoying the occasion no matter the result!

Would ye whist

Cheers Lar, apologies I did not see the bottom line first time

Any one have any details on intermediate?

Quote from: belfastsaff on September 13, 2022, 09:05:34 AM
will be a cargin - pg1 final with CB, EOC and BS all just enjoying the occasion no matter the result!