Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 16, 2022, 08:48:00 AM
these group of 3 are a nonsense - are st endas or Rossa going to go thru with a draw and a loss and no wins?

2 from the group go through, if Rossa win or draw or lose by 4 points they go through

If Rossa lose by 6 they are out, if they lose by 5 I'd imagine there will be a play off game to see who goes through
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

these group of 3 are a nonsense - are st endas or Rossa going to go thru with a draw and a loss and no wins?

It's better than Derry where for some reason everyone goes through!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2022, 09:08:21 AM

How can everyone go through? How does that work?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

What is wrong with Ricky?

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2022, 08:34:36 AM
I would imagine Ricky Johnston is a big loss too. I'd be very surprised were it not Cargin won it this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on August 16, 2022, 09:56:36 AM

I would imagine Ricky Johnston is a big loss too. I'd be very surprised were it not Cargin won it this year.

Is he not away? I thought that was why he dropped off the Antrim panel to play in the States? I could be wrong

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 09:51:23 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2022, 09:08:21 AM

How can everyone go through? How does that work?

4 groups of 4, groups are just used for seeding of the knockout round.

Eg finish 1st in your group you play 4th from another group in first KO game, 2nd plays 3rd.

imtommygunn

I thought he was away? I haven't seen him on the teams unless I'm missing him. Maybe he'll be back for later assuming Creggan are still in it.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 09:59:35 AM

Is he not away? I thought that was why he dropped off the Antrim panel to play in the States? I could be wrong
He came on v St Galls on Sunday

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 16, 2022, 10:09:19 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 09:59:35 AM

He came on v St Galls on Sunday

There ya go,  don't get to see us as much these days ;)

imtommygunn

Ah. That's good - I'd like to see them and Cargin with best teams and see who wins.

bannside

In effect the county final in other words....

I'm not just buying that atm, LD Johnnie's, possibly Rossa could all upset that notion on any given day with full panels together and maybe home advantage.

Still happy enough with my EW investment at 12/1though - wouldn't be swapping that for any other ticket.

Rodger Mona

BS who did you manage to get at 12/??

Saw ports now down to 5/1, must be getting heavily backed. Johnnies out to 14/1 after LD defeat.

Im sure anyone of the teams who are on the other side of the draw will give themselves a puncherschance should they make the final and hope one of the big 5 who make it get complacent.

imtommygunn

LD could but I don't think the rest could.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on August 16, 2022, 10:35:06 AM

I'm not just buying that atm, LD Johnnie's, possibly Rossa could all upset that notion on any given day with full panels together and maybe home advantage.

Still happy enough with my EW investment at 12/1though - wouldn't be swapping that for any other ticket.
Of course you are happy with that bet, the bookie clearly never seen the draw  ;D

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: bannside on August 16, 2022, 10:35:06 AM

In the last 7 years Cargin 5 times, Lamh Dhearg&Creggan one each outside of these 3 teams no one else has shown a thing.
I keep hearing Rossa mentioned at times they have done next to nothing in championship in 30 plus years.
Johnnies last title in 1998 also
Casements won't be tested until the final but I'd say the champions will come from the tougher side.