Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on May 07, 2022, 03:19:05 AM
Quote from: Concerned Gael on May 06, 2022, 11:40:11 PM
I attend as many games as possible across both codes and genuinely concerned about someone getting seriously hurt or worse from some of these melees. Hurling not as bad especially as the higher level, do see it at at lower level and think it's do with lacking sharpness and ability . But nobody seems to strike with the hurl above the hip as often thankfully.
Was at game in Hannahstown, both sets of clubs might be disappointed in some actions of players. I heard the usual roar when something happens off the ball and see the PG manager run on the pitch and get involved in "physical alteration" with LD player which kicked everything off and he should take a long hard look at himself for his actions. Why do managers run on the pitch never seen it call anything down which I do think most think they are trying to do, this guy certainly wasn't on to calm down. This SW and Belfast nonsense needs to stop, PG been involved with major melees in last number of years with Belfast teams it seems? Cracking team who must think they have to prove a point according to RC with bullying problem? Too many good players in that team and wish more would play county. How do we stop the potential of someone getting hurt in all seriousness? It's going to get worse. And please stop the country city nonsense. As someone geographically caught in the middle it embarrassing to county and stops us progressing. Always the big bad Belfast or vice versa. Grow up and take responsibility or pride for the  pros and cons of whatever your club is. There is no big agenda for one club or the other in my 33 years plus experience, people just want to do there job and see club or county do well without people in the background pulling moves to get a PG, Ballycastle  Glenarm or LD to do better no matter what some online warriors or trolls seem to think.

🟡⚪️

That sort of talk isn't welcomed around here.
That's a lengthy first post, some bull talked

paddyjohn

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 07, 2022, 06:06:26 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 07, 2022, 03:19:05 AM
Quote from: Concerned Gael on May 06, 2022, 11:40:11 PM
I attend as many games as possible across both codes and genuinely concerned about someone getting seriously hurt or worse from some of these melees. Hurling not as bad especially as the higher level, do see it at at lower level and think it's do with lacking sharpness and ability . But nobody seems to strike with the hurl above the hip as often thankfully.
Was at game in Hannahstown, both sets of clubs might be disappointed in some actions of players. I heard the usual roar when something happens off the ball and see the PG manager run on the pitch and get involved in "physical alteration" with LD player which kicked everything off and he should take a long hard look at himself for his actions. Why do managers run on the pitch never seen it call anything down which I do think most think they are trying to do, this guy certainly wasn't on to calm down. This SW and Belfast nonsense needs to stop, PG been involved with major melees in last number of years with Belfast teams it seems? Cracking team who must think they have to prove a point according to RC with bullying problem? Too many good players in that team and wish more would play county. How do we stop the potential of someone getting hurt in all seriousness? It's going to get worse. And please stop the country city nonsense. As someone geographically caught in the middle it embarrassing to county and stops us progressing. Always the big bad Belfast or vice versa. Grow up and take responsibility or pride for the  pros and cons of whatever your club is. There is no big agenda for one club or the other in my 33 years plus experience, people just want to do there job and see club or county do well without people in the background pulling moves to get a PG, Ballycastle  Glenarm or LD to do better no matter what some online warriors or trolls seem to think.

🟡⚪️

That sort of talk isn't welcomed around here.
That's a lengthy first post, some bull talked

Whatever happened to saying hello.

BrendanAntrim

The minor lads were overpowered tonight. Only saw first half, thought they did ok, could have had a few more scores, we were very competitive for a 20 minute period but faded towards end of the half. Cavan next, hopefully at home too in what would surely be a more competitive game

bannside

We didn't get any spell in the second half. Outplayed throughout by a super well drilled outfit. We dared to dream I suppose. Noah Grimes is something else, definitely one for the future.

rogercasement

Any man can comment what they want but no man can question Bannsides commitment, never misses, fair play.

Milltown Row2

So who got the red at Lamhs game anyway?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on May 07, 2022, 09:25:46 PM
We didn't get any spell in the second half. Outplayed throughout by a super well drilled outfit. We dared to dream I suppose. Noah Grimes is something else, definitely one for the future.

Big Mcaleese from your club BS acquitted himself reasonably well

rogercasement

Quote from: rogercasement on May 07, 2022, 09:51:32 PM
Any man can comment what they want but no man can question Bannsides commitment, never misses, fair play.
Sure a man of your standing would know that already..

rogercasement

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 07, 2022, 10:49:20 PM
Quote from: bannside on May 07, 2022, 09:25:46 PM
Good footballer, good family, good kid.

Big Mcaleese from your club BS acquitted himself reasonably well

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on May 07, 2022, 11:01:29 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on May 07, 2022, 09:51:32 PM
Sure a man of your standing would know that already..

You feeling alright? Answering to yourself? Few beverages taken  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Lol yes a few sunk but it was aimed at you mr2 you know the score about those wonderful gentlemen on hannahstown Hill.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on May 07, 2022, 11:23:33 PM
Lol yes a few sunk but it was aimed at you mr2 you know the score about those wonderful gentlemen on hannahstown Hill.

League is for shadow boxing or playing poker.. try and stay in the ring and never show your hand early on.

bannside

Ciaran Mc Aleese shaping really well, probably Antrims best player on view yesterday. Like his brother Aidan who scored six points on Wednesday night against LD, these boys can take long range scores for fun. Youngest brother Frank is a few years younger and ticking all the boxes too. Definitely all pointing towards exciting playing careers for PG1 and the county.

country bumpkin

Quote from: rogercasement on May 07, 2022, 11:23:33 PM
Cannot disagree there RC......but everybody do those not so subtle appointments really impact on our games and does performances therein influence selection  for future selection.....?

BrendanAntrim

@bannside - just reading online about an injury to one of your reserve players, Ciaran Lynch. Hope he is ok, or going to be ok 🤞