Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

4 minutes coverage of the Joe McDonagh Cup on the Sunday Game and footage from only one game out of three.  That's where the Tailteann Cup is heading. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on April 17, 2022, 11:23:51 PM
4 minutes coverage of the Joe McDonagh Cup on the Sunday Game and footage from only one game out of three.  That's where the Tailteann Cup is heading.

How many minutes will Antrim get next week?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

About 1000 at the Offaly game yesterday so I'm not sure there is a massive appetite for it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 17, 2022, 11:45:19 PM
About 1000 at the Offaly game yesterday so I'm not sure there is a massive appetite for it

I'd assume if it were a knockout competition like the Ulster championship you'll get more at it. What's the alternative?

Get knocked out by Cavan and then knocked out by someone else and back with clubs? Or win something that'll be allow you to continue to next level? We ain't winning Sam at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

I'm not against football being tiered.  I just don't swallow the promises that the Tailteannn Cup will be backed. It won't be, certainly not once the novelty wears off after a year or two.

Saffsof82

That's certainly the worry, that tier 2 competition is ignored by mainstream media. But in the world we now live in there are plenty of companies willing to pick up rtes slack, and if there is a demand from viewers the main stream media will piggy back.

country bumpkin

So big Ricky has gone Stateside for the Summer...

A body blow for the Saffrons and a shuffling of the pack required

JimStynes

Can you blame any fella going over to America for the summer and getting a bit of coin in the back pocket as well.

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on April 18, 2022, 09:13:06 AM
Can you blame any fella going over to America for the summer and getting a bit of coin in the back pocket as well.

Course not.....young man getting a few Bob for his endeavours.....

Man Marker

Quote from: JimStynes on April 18, 2022, 09:13:06 AM

Away before this Sunday's game?

Kickham csc

This could be an increasing problem going forward. Was talking to some NY clubmates and they stated that Croke Park were putting pressure on the US cities to complete their championships eariler so that US GAA wont interfere with the club championships back home.

If this is the approach, then players who are interested in coming out will have to choose between county and travel

Saffsof82

Tickets still on general sale for Saturday. Not the expected shortage then that the Corrigan venue was supposed to cause.

Saffsof82

Busy weekend for the SAFFS. Friday night minor footballers way to Monaghan. Given our lads poor league form, the split in the mgt, and mgt ringing around trying to coax players who had walked away back the omens are very poor.
Minor hurlers playing Kildare which is their first real test.
Then seniors against Cavan. A month ago i would have been very confident of us beating Cavan but now i don't think so. The poor performances against Louth and Westmeath showed we still have a long way to go in our progression and Cavan looked really strong in the Div 4 final. Big Ricky away is a massive blow.

BrendanAntrim

And hurlers away in Ballycran on Sunday.

Saffsof82

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 20, 2022, 10:12:23 AM
And hurlers away in Ballycran on Sunday.
[/quo

Actually forgot that Brendan, McDonagh cup seems very low key this year, no chat about it at all, makes me worry for the football