Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Having attended several under age games thus far without a notebook, and despite the considerd opinions of other posters, it is always easy to note the lads who have participated in South Derry college teams.

Only my opinion.....

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on April 15, 2022, 02:54:50 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 02:56:40 PM
Takes a few years to find your feet Barnish. But it looks like you're there for the duration. Another club making decent strides.
Just heard TNN playing without at least 6/7men who won the intermediate double last year in these games and still picking up pts while their nearest challengers AS struggling in div 2,beat quite convincingly against a Glenravel team with as many starters off it as they had,could be a case off management too long there

He's only been there a few weeks
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffsof82

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on April 15, 2022, 02:54:50 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 02:56:40 PM
Takes a few years to find your feet Barnish. But it looks like you're there for the duration. Another club making decent strides.
Just heard TNN playing without at least 6/7men who won the intermediate double last year in these games and still picking up pts while their nearest challengers AS struggling in div 2,beat quite convincingly against a Glenravel team with as many starters off it as they had,could be a case off management too long there

????

imtommygunn

division 2 results, moneyglass aside, seem all over the place.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: referee on April 15, 2022, 05:06:21 PM
Hoof ,your boys are going well and apart from Davitts,/St Paul's nobody else setting the world alight,is D McErlain back yet,R/town going along ok in Div 1,should be ok if they get a few men back,Antrim seem to take a stumble in div3

Aye McErlain is back
Not up to  pre injury form yet but ticking over alright
Some young boys have got their chance and have taken it
Young mccann is going well, don't think he's 18 yet
Shea Madden too showing up well
Was the same last year up to Randalstown game then the wheels fell off so hopefully they've learned from that
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

I spoke to a Ballymena clubman at a funeral during the week there. He told me that Ballymena were missing 7 the other night and Glenravel were missing up to 9. Told me the 4g in the cricky caused some issues with both clubs. A few knee/ankle injuries picked up. Coincidence or not I don't know.

Saffsof82

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 15, 2022, 09:12:56 PM
I spoke to a Ballymena clubman at a funeral during the week there. He told me that Ballymena were missing 7 the other night and Glenravel were missing up to 9. Told me the 4g in the cricky caused some issues with both clubs. A few knee/ankle injuries picked up. Coincidence or not I don't know.

Not convinced by that Pj, joe the wrong man in my opinion for Glenravel in development, lots of young , positive attacking talent, but joe setting them up far too negative, did the same at greenlouth who actually needed that format. Hopefully he will change his strategy sooner than later.

Saffsof82

Quote from: referee on April 16, 2022, 10:16:42 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 15, 2022, 11:34:44 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 15, 2022, 09:12:56 PM

Not convinced by that Pj, joe the wrong man in my opinion for Glenravel in development, lots of young , positive attacking talent, but joe setting them up far too negative, did the same at greenlouth who actually needed that format. Hopefully he will change his strategy sooner than later.

looking at the 2 teams in the SG, can't see how either team is missing that many, probably 4 each at most,and every team are missing men through all divisions,As G and T saysTNN coping as best they can without 6/7 starters, actually have won as many games in div 1 as their main challengers in div 2 last year have in div 2 this year,as for J Cass most teams set up defensively,it's wether u get enough scores at the other end,and beating your neighbor convincingly by 6pts,can't see Glenravel people frowning

All saints are very poor though, a shadow of last years team that was pushing for promotion and the championship.

Saffrongael

Bradley would be on big dough in Ballymena I'm assuming ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 16, 2022, 11:01:14 PM
Bradley would be on big dough in Ballymena I'm assuming ?

You can only play with what yave got? Ardoyne have decent manager also...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

I heard last night Niall McK is talking about appealing his red card from the other night? Am I missing something as from the RC men on here it was clear as day he was striking

Milltown Row2

Not sure how that appeal will stand up or who's driving it, but it was put in as striking by the ref. Who strikes first is irrelevant
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on April 17, 2022, 08:33:25 AM
I heard last night Niall McK is talking about appealing his red card from the other night? Am I missing something as from the RC men on here it was clear as day he was striking

Cannot believe that, sure he will only miss a single league game and the visit of an under strength Cargin...?????

EOC1923

When ye strike in this game the rules are ye must go

bannside

Its a complete disgrace the way NMK gets unfairly targeted. He was struck with a fist, then a headbutt on Wednesday night before he decided to defend himself? If it happened on the street the law would be involved. If some of you cannot grasp that there is a principle at stake here, then please go to the Hoganstand.

The ball was a mile away, this was blatant thuggery. Before you answer - think what you're reaction would be if it was one of your players, maybe your own son. Match after match. It's sickening, and Antrim referees have a duty of care to, at the very least, be aware of the tactic.

Got nothing to do with who the next match is, that's a minor point - that's just another game - no different to any other as far as we are concerned.