Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

I'm just after digging out the 4 results to date in the Ulster minor league and it makes very depressing reading indeed! Told recently that a respected SW member of backroom team had walked away several weeks ago. Someone needs to be drilling into this to see what's going on up there.

An Watcher

No disrespect to enda mcginley but i think if antrim had got mickey Harte at this time it would be them celebrating promotion to division 2 today?

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 03, 2022, 07:58:26 AM
I'm just after digging out the 4 results to date in the Ulster minor league and it makes very depressing reading indeed! Told recently that a respected SW member of backroom team had walked away several weeks ago. Someone needs to be drilling into this to see what's going on up there.
It's a conveyor belt of doting daddies this last couple of years. This years version just as bad as last years.

country bumpkin

Quote from: An Watcher on April 03, 2022, 08:03:20 AM
No disrespect to enda mcginley but i think if antrim had got mickey Harte at this time it would be them celebrating promotion to division 2 today?

But could we afford him.....??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 03, 2022, 09:26:37 AM
It's a conveyor belt of doting daddies this last couple of years. This years version just as bad as last years.

Is it a sought after position? Are people lining up to take the minor managers role?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 03, 2022, 09:29:15 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on April 03, 2022, 08:03:20 AM

But could we afford him.....??

No chance
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2022, 09:29:40 AM

Is it a sought after position? Are people lining up to take the minor managers role?

Do people think there is a queue to take these development squads ?? Quite literally any of us could rock up and ask to do it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NatSoSaff

Shouldn't launch sole blame at u17 management. How long have they had with the team? A handful of months at most. If the players aren't there and/or they are a few years behind in physical development as we keep hearing, then what is anyone supposed to do with that over a couple of months? We all know the answers are structure, planning, proper player pathway environment from u14 up etc etc etc etc etc. let's hope the director of football is on the case as we type.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 03, 2022, 11:22:41 AM

Do people think there is a queue to take these development squads ?? Quite literally any of us could rock up and ask to do it

That's what I'm getting at, for some reason people think that's there's an interview process with multiple eager coaches with all their level 3 coaching certs and so on...

But we've an army of armchair coaches just willing to do feck all and stick the boot into the coaches who (for whatever reason) took the role on. Wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2022, 11:38:07 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 03, 2022, 11:22:41 AM

That's what I'm getting at, for some reason people think that's there's an interview process with multiple eager coaches with all their level 3 coaching certs and so on...

But we've an army of armchair coaches just willing to do feck all and stick the boot into the coaches who (for whatever reason) took the role on. Wise up
And more than a few of those 'snipers' on this board....

paddyjohn

Who is in charge of the Un17s?

country bumpkin

paddyjohn

EOC1923

Barry Burns and Paul McErlane joint managers I believe

Sportacus

I think the minors play Monaghan in the championship.  It'll be very hard to lift it after a series of drubbings in the league.