Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

do the teams in Sen champ play each other twice? if not the groups of 3 only have 2 matches - doesnt smell right.....

NatSoSaff

Only play once.

The 'group of death' tag may have been more applicable in 2020. I see plain sailing for Creggan in (1), PG1 (2) A'gallon (3) and Cargin (4)

asaffgael

Would have to disagree -

Group 1 - Creggan favs but lamh dhearg are strong championship team and the Johnnies in championship never easy, could have beat Creggan last year. Galls rebuilding but could take a scalp.

Group 2 - PG1 slight favs but both ahoghill & st brigids beat them in group stage last year so will have no fear at all. Moneyglass nothing to fear and will have less injuries than last year.

Group 3&4 should be straight forward enough.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 15, 2022, 04:01:56 PM
Only play once.

The 'group of death' tag may have been more applicable in 2020. I see plain sailing for Creggan in (1), PG1 (2) A'gallon (3) and Cargin (4)
neutral venues ?

bannside

Talking of venues, the stakes have been raised by the GPA's official support of Antrims claim to retain home venue against Cavan in the forthcoming championship. The odds are surely now stacked in our favour for last weeks ridiculous decision to be overturned.

country bumpkin

Despite persistent questions to the powers that be, I still remain unaware as to the quarter final pairings for the senior quarter finals or indeed the schedule of venues.

Speculation aplenty, but no official answers.

Caesar

You would hope that our county board have this years Championship plans watertight and crystal clear after last years semi-final extra-time fiasco...

ck

Quote from: bannside on March 16, 2022, 05:40:56 AM
Talking of venues, the stakes have been raised by the GPA's official support of Antrims claim to retain home venue against Cavan in the forthcoming championship. The odds are surely now stacked in our favour for last weeks ridiculous decision to be overturned.

I'm hearing it has already been overturned behind the scenes. All 8 Ulster counties will reject Cavans proposal of a venue change after a proper presentation is given to delegates either this week or next. It's a done deal.

ck

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 15, 2022, 03:59:54 PM
do the teams in Sen champ play each other twice? if not the groups of 3 only have 2 matches - doesnt smell right.....

Yes as far as I know its only one game each although no-one seems too sure. No-one seems to know what groups play eachother in quarter finals either. I would guess same as last year in which case group 1v4 and 2v3 and venues to be neutral, which would make sense.

delgany

Quote from: ck on March 16, 2022, 10:26:51 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 15, 2022, 03:59:54 PM

Yes as far as I know its only one game each although no-one seems too sure. No-one seems to know what groups play eachother in quarter finals either. I would guess same as last year in which case group 1v4 and 2v3 and venues to be neutral, which would make sense.

CCC tend to use 1 v 3   and 2 v 4   based on last years play offs etc

Hoof Hearted

Think it's definitely only 1 game each
Only 3 dates allowed for in master fixtures list
31st July 14th August 28th August
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

stiffler

If it's one round of games, does that mean some teams get 2 home games and others get 1, or are all championship games played at neutral venues this year?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: stiffler on March 16, 2022, 12:58:09 PM
If it's one round of games, does that mean some teams get 2 home games and others get 1, or are all championship games played at neutral venues this year?

That's the part that hasn't been clarifed
Probably neutral I'd imagine, and 2 groups will only have 2 games each whilst 2 groups have 3 games each
But as someone says it all needs to come out before it starts to stop last years semi fiasco happening again
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Lár na páirce 1

Group 1 v 4
Group 2 v 3

Is the draw