Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: bannside on March 10, 2022, 06:02:15 PM
And what about Ulster council ruling that our home championship tie against Cavan cannot be played at an Antrim venue, despite our name coming out if the draw first!

The cheek of them, if it wasn't for their incredulous mismanagement of Casement Pk upgrade this problem would not exist!

Let's get the message out loud and clear....Corrigan Or Nowhere.
::)

Yeah Antrim board had nothing to do with the mismanagement of Casement  ::)

erinsboy

Owenbeg would be a good call MR2

paddyjohn

bannside

Why would Antrim go to Owenbeg. That's not a home venue. Ulster Council were complicit in this mess, the least you would expect would be support on an issue that involves an Antrim home venue. 3500 supporters can get into Corrigan, there won't be too many locked out I wouldn't think.

Why concede that major advantage? If you were on our panel or part of the management you would be seeing this completely differently?

Corrigan or Nowhere I still say.

bannside

It was such a strong ruling then that a vote was taken at an Ulster Council meeting a few days ago. Please explain that then?

bannside

Only three out of the 7 counties voted in our favour!

Assuming Antrim and Cavan cancelled each other out on the motion. So we needed one more county. I'm hearing that very little notice was given and that one county in particular said it support us in a recount because they got so little time to properly consider the proposal.

I wouldn't be taking this lightly at all. The very principle of sporting integrity is at stake. Ulster GAA worried about losing a few ££ at the gate.

bannside

Look, here's a simple question. Would we have a better chance of beating Cavan at Corrigan, or at the Athletic Grounds. If the Answer is 1% of a better chance at Corrigan, then we need to do everything to insist the game is played there.

When are the two occasions we went elsewhere by the way?

bannside

And the next question is....how long has the Corrigan Park revamp been completed??

bannside

Aye right Duile. I'm anti GAA now. You can do better than that!

bannside

Sorry if I missed the nuances. Corrigan only recently completed, therefore this is the first time we have got a ground with a covered stand fit for holding an event of this kind.

This is new territory. We need to set a precedent or we could be playing home cship games at neutral venues...forever.

Flanker

Quote from: bannside on March 10, 2022, 08:23:17 PM
Sorry if I missed the nuances. Corrigan only recently completed, therefore this is the first time we have got a ground with a covered stand fit for holding an event of this kind.

This is new territory. We need to set a precedent or we could be playing home cship games at neutral venues...forever.

The 2020 Ulster champions proposed a motion that the game be moved to another venue at a meeting of the Ulster Council on Wednesday night.

Only Antrim, Derry and Tyrone voted against the motion.

Poor form..... Was the motion sprung on the night

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on March 10, 2022, 08:13:58 PM
Only three out of the 7 counties voted in our favour!

Assuming Antrim and Cavan cancelled each other out on the motion. So we needed one more county. I'm hearing that very little notice was given and that one county in particular said it support us in a recount because they got so little time to properly consider the proposal.

I wouldn't be taking this lightly at all. The very principle of sporting integrity is at stake. Ulster GAA worried about losing a few ££ at the gate.

Your last line is the jist of it
Nothing more Nothing less
I hated the last 2 seasons as much as anyone but  the saving grace was the bigwigs didn't make the big dollars
now things are back to normal we'll probably suffer
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Man Marker

I tell you what, Antrim need to make a stand on this and refuse to field unless the home fixture is honoured. No ifs or buts, stand steadfast

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Man Marker on March 10, 2022, 09:14:00 PM
I tell you what, Antrim need to make a stand on this and refuse to field unless the home fixture is honoured. No ifs or buts, stand steadfast

100%
Then they'll realise a few pound is better than 0
Worked for tyrone
They knew that by saying they can't fulfill the kerry fixture it would NEVER be cancelled, just postponed. Too much money to be lost to be cancelled
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 10, 2022, 09:28:34 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on March 10, 2022, 09:14:00 PM

100%
Then they'll realise a few pound is better than 0
Worked for tyrone
They knew that by saying they can't fulfill the kerry fixture it would NEVER be cancelled, just postponed. Too much money to be lost to be cancelled

Agree totally....we need to tell Ulster to go to fcuk...

Corrigan or not at all, and they will soon come to realise half a duck is better than no dinner....