Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Another two results in our division today that are in our favour. Longford home, Louth away and Westmeath home still to go. All winnable, promotion is in our own hands now.

Sportacus

Minors took a fair beating off Armagh today.  If we keep producing weak minor teams, there's no pipeline. 

armaghniac

Quote from: bannside on March 05, 2022, 05:52:51 PM
Another two results in our division today that are in our favour. Longford home, Louth away and Westmeath home still to go. All winnable, promotion is in our own hands now.

and not too much travelling for supporters.

When were Antrim last in Div 2? Over the years I recall very few league games between Antrim and Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Antrim have won 9 Ulster championship titles, Armagh 14 . If look at history then Armagh are better, but Antrim will improve I hope, at this rate Armagh should win an All Ireland soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: armaghniac on March 05, 2022, 08:36:01 PM
Quote from: bannside on March 05, 2022, 05:52:51 PM

and not too much travelling for supporters.

When were Antrim last in Div 2? Over the years I recall very few league games between Antrim and Armagh.

Could be antrim and Dublin
Something which would've been unthinkable couple of years back
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

Good win to start the league for us today. Both teams very under strength and a lot of silly mistakes and handling errors by both teams. A few of our younger players making debuts did very well today and will hopefully keep pushing on and putting the pressure on the established players. Good to start with 2 points!

rogercasement

Good win for us too. Wouldn't read in to it though Johnnies severely under strength. Not sure about the referee though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on March 06, 2022, 06:34:32 PM
Good win for us too. Wouldn't read in to it though Johnnies severely under strength. Not sure about the referee though.

You're not sure about much though.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Irony of the highest order :) 8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on March 06, 2022, 06:44:01 PM
Irony of the highest order :) 8)

It's people like you that we have ref's doing two games in one day...

But sure you carry on talking shite

rogercasement

Was actually having a laugh MR2, sensisitive! Thought you were less bad today.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on March 06, 2022, 06:54:27 PM
Was actually having a laugh MR2, sensisitive! Thought you were less bad today.

Don't give up your day job

Lár na páirce 1

Ref in the LD Cargin game decided to show up at 2.07 glad he made an appearance , good game between a very much under strength Cargin and more experienced LD, first game of year for cargin of any description so good enough display, both will be near enough at the business end of things.

EOC1923

The great weather today almost made me forget how early in the season it is, all results went as expected for me, we'd a good draw in prob the toughest away game you get really, ports off to a flying start as I predicted Bannside. Creggan dealing with Ahoghill easily as usual. Great to be out watching games again I must say, every team missing players but I think players themselves would rather be playing league games than friendlies.

rogercasement

Agree that there were no real shocks today, in fact there didn't appear to be any in any of the leagues. Expected Lamhs to beat Cargin given who was out. Also though Tir na nog would have been St Brigids.