Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2022, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on February 18, 2022, 10:06:56 PM
Quote from: bannside on February 18, 2022, 05:05:13 PM
These are the games we need to be getting points from. Not a gimme by any stretch, but to keep our progress curve on track two points are essential tomorrow.

A day for grafters, Conor Murray, Marty Johnston, Declan Lynch need to be seeing action if available for selection. Paddy Mc Bride always in a good shift on his own pitch too.

Not listening to you BS.......tried my best.
A couple of enforced changes.....

Your obvious influence on the wain after the Limerick result
Now that quick retort was unexpected........lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 18, 2022, 10:12:57 PM
These are the games we need to be getting points from. Not a gimme by any stretch, but to keep our progress curve on track two points are essential tomorrow.

A day for grafters, Conor Murray, Marty Johnston, Declan Lynch need to be seeing action if available for selection. Paddy Mc Bride always in a good shift on his own pitch too.

Now that quick retort was unexpected........lol

You throw them up I'll bat them out  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Now that quick retort was completely unexpected......lol

Flanker

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 18, 2022, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on February 18, 2022, 02:55:17 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on February 13, 2022, 08:29:40 PM
Great to be at a high level game like that and see the club names Cargin, Moneyglass and Portglenone beside players names in the programme. Can only be a good thing. Can we not talk Brady into taking our minors or U20s at some point. Would love to see it.

Did I read the squads correctly that there was a player from St Comgall's on the St Mary's panel?

McKeating?

I noticed he was in the squad for the semi but when people were talking about the final squad he didn't seem to be mentioned but there was definitely an antrim boy in the panel at some point. Name I am not so sure on. Don't slag Belfast - MR is very sensitive  ;D
Yes young lad McKeating... MR can lay claim I think he has St Galls connection

bannside

Patrick McCormack won't let the side down. Good tidy player, great engine.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on February 18, 2022, 10:27:01 PM
Patrick McCormack won't let the side down. Good tidy player, great engine.

Marc Jordan to replace the Dermot Mc Aleese......

Lár na páirce 1

U20s got taught a harsh lesson in Portglenone this morning, last 10 minutes were a hard watch, some decent performances mixed in among it too, plenty of work to do.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NatSoSaff

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on February 19, 2022, 02:34:13 PM
U20s got taught a harsh lesson in Portglenone this morning, last 10 minutes were a hard watch, some decent performances mixed in among it too, plenty of work to do.

Score line aside, there was plenty of good play from the u20s this morning. That Tyrone team are a level above in terms of size and power. The number 14!? Wow.

Great win for seniors here. Is there any good reason why Conor Murray doesn't start?

bannside

Conor Murray changed the game imo, we all know he is one of the best players in the county. Ryan a class act too, those guys should be part of the mainstay of the team.

Patrick Mc Cormack has surely played his way into a starting position after that display today, good for the management to see the kind of performance Paddy gave every match in his debut season.

Honourable mentions to Ruairi McCann, Kevin Small, Jamie Gribben and big Ricky for solid displays. Two well earned points to take a little bit of pressure off with a huge but winnable game in Portlaoise next weekend.

Saffsof82

Quote from: NatSoSaff on February 19, 2022, 03:55:38 PM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on February 19, 2022, 02:34:13 PM

Score line aside, there was plenty of good play from the u20s this morning. That Tyrone team are a level above in terms of size and power. The number 14!? Wow.

Great win for seniors here. Is there any good reason why Conor Murray doesn't start?

No 14 was Michael Mcgleenan, big matts son, absolute animal of a man

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on February 19, 2022, 04:55:01 PM
Conor Murray changed the game imo, we all know he is one of the best players in the county. Ryan a class act too, those guys should be part of the mainstay of the team.

Patrick Mc Cormack has surely played his way into a starting position after that display today, good for the management to see the kind of performance Paddy gave every match in his debut season.

Honourable mentions to Ruairi McCann, Kevin Small, Jamie Gribben and big Ricky for solid displays. Two well earned points to take a little bit of pressure off with a huge but winnable game in Portlaoise next weekend.

Thought Ruari McCann was outstanding, covered every blade of grass, brilliant shift

bannside

Indeed Saffs. A particularly good display by Ruairi, credit where it's due. In top three performances in my book behind Paddy Mc Cormack and Conor Murray.

BigBallWeeBall

Following recent very disheartening u20 football result v Tyrone - a 20 point stuffing. Can anyone advise how many from u20s panel come from the fertile crescent of SW Antrim and how many went to Ivy League schools in South Derry? Or was the hammering due to City players being in the squad

EOC1923

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on February 20, 2022, 03:17:50 PM
Following recent very disheartening u20 football result v Tyrone - a 20 point stuffing. Can anyone advise how many from u20s panel come from the fertile crescent of SW Antrim and how many went to Ivy League schools in South Derry? Or was the hammering due to City players being in the squad
Didn't see the team but I seen Derry also lost their u20 game yesterday by 17 points, wouldn't read too much into these early results but then there are petty points needing to be made I suppose.