Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

I'm not going there with you DK. The entire playing squad are greatly looking forward to a fresh start. Many set ups go stale in year 3. I think you found some upheaval in your own club.. Let's park it there.

Sportacus

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 12, 2021, 04:42:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2021, 09:48:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 09:25:43 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2021, 09:23:41 PM
did aghagallon get beat a couple of times in the group stages and Creggan are undefeated? that and Creggan beating Cargin would make them More deserving winners to me

Deserving?
get a dictionary or google it

I know what it means.

You're saying Creggan deserve it for beating St Galls twice, Gorts once and Cargin, St Mary's won 4 games in the group stages so have come through a tougher group. As only 2 from four went through rather than 2 from three (in Creggans group) when one team didn't play one of their games!

Not sure on your deserving statement.
Ok not a big deal but Agha lost 2 matches in group and beat St Brigids & PG1 to get to final is hardly an impressive run to final
Whoever wins on Sunday will be worthy champions - end of. 

rogercasement

Totally agree Bannsider I remember a couple of times this year when extra in a county semi final seemed unthinkable, now I'm sitting here thinking we could've won the thing. Our day will come.

bannside

Cheers Roger. It's Creggan and Aghagallons big weekend, they are there on merit. A fresh name will be carved into the McNamee Cup...may the best team win.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 12, 2021, 07:07:02 PM
Maybe it went stale was because certain members with sons playing undermined the manager 'from along way back' Theres nothing like a bit of auld back stabbing to bolster team morale.  When some people should actually know better.

That's a cheap dig DK. A bit of respect for a stalwart of Antrim GAA is required there.

Milltown Row2

Looking forward to the game on Sunday, I'm going on my own so if someone  stands beside me from a different club that means, I'm standing with someone from a different club!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Managerial merry go round in full swing...never saw as many clubs in changeover mode in Antrim or neighbouring Derry. It's literally open season out there atm.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 13, 2021, 08:04:39 AM
Managerial merry go round in full swing...never saw as many clubs in changeover mode in Antrim or neighbouring Derry. It's literally open season out there atm.

Glad to say Cargin are not on such with management sorted...
But hey let the well practised requiems commence.....

Calm Down

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 13, 2021, 08:27:57 AM

Will the new management put up with you lingering around the dugout stirring things up?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Calm Down on November 13, 2021, 09:27:00 AM

Will the new management put up with you lingering around the dugout stirring things up?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Calm Down on November 13, 2021, 09:27:00 AM

Will have to ask for approval......

And need I heed another snide comment from someone who does use what he believe is a cloak of anonymity to one who couldn't care less.

Calm Down

Sure if we are lucky enough to be celebrating tomorrow  I will reveal myself on the pitch to you therefore setting aside what I believe to be the cloak of anonymity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on November 13, 2021, 10:07:05 AM
Sure if we are lucky enough to be celebrating tomorrow  I will reveal myself on the pitch to you therefore setting aside what I believe to be the cloak of anonymity

There will be kids at this game, don't you be revealing yourself to anyone please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2021, 10:16:11 AM

There will be kids at this game, don't you be revealing yourself to anyone please
;)

Just when we thought the tone couldn't get any lower MR2, by the way if you are alone tomorrow feel I will seek you out if you want and you can stand with us, we can then vouch that you are not shouting for our boys, that is if you aren't shouting for them

country bumpkin

No need I do not need introduction, I am aware of your identity and disappointed in the extreme.

Would never stoop to such comments as yourself and a few of your like minded club mates have made.
Especially that resident from South Cork, who chose a suitable location  to unleash verbal attack.