Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 09:00:49 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 06, 2021, 08:55:44 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 08:03:13 PM
I suppose it's not that strange for SW men to play for several clubs.  ;)
When they move to county Derry......
Ah sure you've a man travelling to your training from county Derry without a bother.... ;)

Anyway, It was just a lighthearted return of serve to JimStynes from a couple of posts back. I wish him all the best.

I think you've took my post the wrong way. It wasn't a dig at anyone.

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 09:23:19 PM
Fair enough. It doesn't look great though.

It definitely wasn't intended that way. I literally meant it's not that strange for Belfast fellas to hve played to have played for a few clubs. A lot usually start underage somewhere different to where they play u16 up to senior.

JimStynes

Is that fella Kipper on that tribute video a Sarsfields man?

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 09:38:56 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 06, 2021, 09:35:33 PM
Is that fella Kipper on that tribute video a Sarsfields man?
Yip. Left LD with Anto that time.
Strangely, those who left at that time all went to different clubs. Don't know why.

He was always a decent footballer for Sarsfields.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

BealnaBlath

Fantastic tribute for Anto Finnegan. Kevin Madden brought a tear to my eye. Could see the emotion in all the fellas mind you.

BealnaBlath

Quote from: Gold on November 06, 2021, 09:49:38 PM
Why did they leave LD?

Remember hearing many years ago it was linked to fall out over women. Could be something completely different mind you, Duine seems to be in the know. Like St Paul's as my favourite "McCooey" club due to having long standing friends from many moons ago and would love to see them win something next season and dedicate to Anto and his family.

imtommygunn

You can really see how much what anto FinnEgan said to madden when he lost his wee boy meant to him.

I didn't realise he had played for davitts. No idea what happened with ld.

He's lenadoon isn't he? Who is the "local" team?

EOC1923

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 08:03:13 PM
I suppose it's not that strange for SW men to play for several clubs.  ;)
I see the wink, but you really are a tool. Jim white is needed around Belfast in January FFS. Whole loyalty thing unheard of in the big smoke lol

BealnaBlath

You're right Duine my fault for even speculating initially.

Awk EOC come on, every part of the county has transfers. In this part, Dunloy got a boy from Ballymena few years back. Larne hurling bas benefitted a lot. Ballymena might even have got a footballer or two. You boys have numerous from Whitehill and couple from Creggan (the boxer/martial arts forward springs to mind, even South Derry going further back. That's not a criticism by the way
Belfast clubs I wouldn't have finger of the transfer pulse as much. Nugent and Pollock only big names I am aware of. But it happens everywhere is my point. This country/city debate is not healthy for anyone in the county.

Milltown Row2

Seriously lads get a f**king grip, clubs have different players from different clubs, different managers from different clubs, but feel they are better, when the truth is completely different!

The intelligence tonight is low!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Is tha actually  marty kane? Why did he switch clubs if so?
Was wondering why hes wasnt playing for cargin. Always thought he was a great player.

country bumpkin

Quote from: geezer on November 07, 2021, 01:32:34 AM
Was wondering why hes wasnt playing for cargin. Always thought he was a great player.
Marty is a good footballer but he has a young family and a pocket full of championship medals from a lengthy campaign with Cargin.
Moved house to Greenlough and decided to spend the rest of his career without the hassle of travel.....sin e.

geezer

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 07, 2021, 08:41:17 AM
Quote from: geezer on November 07, 2021, 01:32:34 AM
Marty is a good footballer but he has a young family and a pocket full of championship medals from a lengthy campaign with Cargin.
Moved house to Greenlough and decided to spend the rest of his career without the hassle of travel.....sin e.

Fair enough. Was genuinely just wondering. He was a great player for cargin, hard as nails.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 06, 2021, 08:05:31 PM
Feel sorry for Marty in this regard. When I watched it the last thing I thought he was going to get was a red. In retrospect, maybe a yellow and a throw ball..If Marty had played it off the lower leg, and not at pace into the midrift, the ten yards were secure. Marty missed the final and Greenlough lose by a point, it's a cruel game and shows how finely balanced some of these decisions are. Hopefully that's not Marty's last act as a player, he would still grace any team.

Any referees like to offer a more discerning view?

Possibly letter of the law would suggest a red, I'd possibly go with a yellow, but consistency is where it all falls down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea