Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

I think the game will be very close. Still fancy creggan to win by 2/3 in the end though. Aghagallon have some cracking players and their bench really made an impact against pg1. Although i expect loughran to start if hes fully fit, what a player his is by the way. Just think creggans experience will get them over the line.

123Bigball

Ref gave few strange calls to both teams I thought. Tomas free in 2nd half looked soft from behind the goals.Goes both ways. Cargin not scoring from play for a full half and going 17mins at all without a score was a shock to all. Don't think ref can be to blame for that. Final should be cracking

123Bigball

Any thoughts on who gets the final. Toland again?

Calm Down

Quote from: 123Bigball on November 04, 2021, 11:39:15 AM

I heard it was one of the men standing with an ear piece in at the Aghagallon game

Saffronaldo

For my money the best ref in the county is that McDonald chap from St Galls I think. Explains his decisions and generally makes the right call.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: geezer on November 03, 2021, 07:06:52 PM
Surely it will be corrigan.

Sw or city ref?

Confirmed for corrigan
Sunday 14th November @2.30
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffronaldo

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 04, 2021, 12:02:46 PM

Sw or city ref?

Confirmed for corrigan

Right decision for me. I thought the Creggan semi final would have been better in PG1 or Ahoghill or somewhere, but when it comes to the fnal I think it should always be played in the main county ground regardless of who is involved. It's the showpiece event.

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 11:53:22 AM

For my money the best ref in the county is that McDonald chap from St Galls I think. Explains his decisions and generally makes the right call.

Mckeown you mean?
;)

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 04, 2021, 12:02:46 PM

Sw or city ref?

Confirmed for corrigan

Right decision for me. I thought the Creggan semi final would have been better in PG1 or Ahoghill or somewhere, but when it comes to the fnal I think it should always be played in the main county ground regardless of who is involved. It's the showpiece event.

No doubt, and sure it's only a wee half hour scoot up the motorways for both teams, couldn't have worked out better
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Quote from: 123Bigball on November 04, 2021, 11:24:54 AM
Ref gave few strange calls to both teams I thought. Tomas free in 2nd half looked soft from behind the goals.Goes both ways. Cargin not scoring from play for a full half and going 17mins at all without a score was a shock to all. Don't think ref can be to blame for that. Final should be cracking

Calm Down

Red cards successfully  appealed two years running in big games?

Saffronaldo

Quote from: Calm Down on November 04, 2021, 12:42:59 PM

Red cards successfully  appealed two years running in big games?

Not sure what those incidents you refer to were, but I've seen many a legitimate red successfully appealed due to the rules which simply aren't fit for purpose.

No ref is perfect, they all make mistakes. I was just saying on balance if I had to rank them he'd be top of my list.

country bumpkin

Creggan only scored twice from play in the second half....they had easy enough access for the other 7, all from frees awarded from close range, and several head scratchers.

Saffronaldo

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 04, 2021, 01:05:44 PM

Creggan only scored twice from play in the second half....they had easy enough access for the other 7, all from frees awarded from close range, and several head scratchers.

Is that right? Wow, didn't realise it was as extreme as that.

BealnaBlath

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 10:56:17 AM
I believe the GAA should bring in a rule that you can only manage your own club. I don't like this business of paid outside managers at all. For me it definitely devalues any success a club has. Totally understand why some clubs feel they need to do it but I don't think it should be permitted.

In theory that's great snd would agree. Couple of North Antrim club im aware had that put into the club constitution and the way around it was making the outside manager a "paying" member of the club. Clubs will always find a way around it.

Coupe surprising merry go rounds in div2 if info i received this morning is correct, a superb Cargin player in my days and ex manager of them  to go to the near neighbours in div2? Ex Johnnies manager to go back to Crumlin and the young lad who was there few years ago with  soccer background back to Ballymena? Another young lad from moneyglass  to Glenravel ?

All hearsay at this time of the year and could be BS. Follow the money I suppose...

As for top refs in football? Laverty, McDonald, McKeown and Robert's (potential to be better) for me.

I don't think any team beat this year can solely blame ref for losing. Ref never gave ball away or kicked it wide. Lazy excuse.