Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

How many periods of Extra time was there in junior final? Feel sorry for Aghagallon and not sure where an appeal sits with me.
But if the rules were not adhered to then we were wronged, could be argued Aghagallon won in ET2 as they were fitter, therefore gained unfair advantage.
Creggan won't be minding any of this btw.

Jeepers Creepers

So PG1 played then period of EET but aren't happy because they didn't win?

Mickey Linden

Quote from: rogercasement on November 01, 2021, 09:35:42 AM
How many periods of Extra time was there in junior final? Feel sorry for Aghagallon and not sure where an appeal sits with me.
But if the rules were not adhered to then we were wronged, could be argued Aghagallon won in ET2 as they were fitter, therefore gained unfair advantage.
Creggan won't be minding any of this btw.

Wasnt going to get involved but this is priceless. Aghagallon gained an unfair advantage cause they were fitter. Can we raise a motion to stop all club and individual training next year? This means that no one will have the advantage of being fit. Ill maybe get the boots back out myself actually. Great idea and one Ive been calling for now for a while.

bannside

St Comghalls and Rasharkin in junior final played 10 mins extra time and then straight to penalties. But a different logic was applied for senior??

FFS you can't be going round making up your own rules. Someone got this right....and someone got it wrong!! That decision MAY have cost a club a county final appearance.

If shoe was on other foot, would Aghagallon appeal??

rogercasement

You misunderstand me Mickey, I didn't say that was what happened,  I'm saying that is what could be argued
For what it's worth Aghagallon won because they were better over the 90 plus minutes.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 09:41:13 AM
St Comghalls and Rasharkin in junior final played 10 mins extra time and then straight to penalties. But a different logic was applied for senior??

FFS you can't be going round making up your own rules. Someone got this right....and someone got it wrong!! That decision MAY have cost a club a county final appearance.

This is all true BS but if I was you I would use whatever influence you have to not appeal that. From a sporting point of view I think Aghagallon would win a replay anyway through sheer determination as you will have got their goat up so much

Mickey Linden

Personally BS, I dont think they would. Yesterday was a great sporting game played by 2 good teams. The better team won after an epic encounter. I thought PG1 were very gracious in defeat and wished Aghagallon all the best in the final. Yesterday was a great advertisement for the Antrim club game IMO. 2 very good semi finals. Despite all the doom and gloom around Antrim football recently on this board, yesterday was one of the good days.

stiffler

If portglenone are feeling so aggravated about this , why did they play the 2nd period of extra time ?

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Truth hurts

A county title is on the line here, a county title. I feel for st Mary's but how were the rules not enforced. The rules for finishing on the day are clear. Why does Antrim do it different? A shambles and I thought the county board in Down is bad.

JimStynes

So do we just go and have a penalty shootout now or what? f**king wise up. You were beaten fair and square. No one complained until you were beaten. I would 100% not be appealing if the shoe was on the other foot.

Flanker

BS did PG1 have the finish on the day guidelines / rules sent to them

If they didn't fair enough

If they did what were your officials and management doing

Is it a case that everyone had the guidelines / rules sent to them and nobody really looked at them then it looks like everyone sleep walked into the second ET

If this is the case then it looks like everyone was culpable here. Some internal finger pointing required

If you weren't sent the guidelines / rules then it is a bit of a mine field for CC to resolve

asaffgael

If the rules were broke, 100% there is no issue with an appeal. Not Portglenone's fault so don't take it out on them.

If it was the Johnnie's, lamh dhearg, Cargin do you not think they would be appealing? Of course they would, so don't sit there on your high horses.

It's a pity on Aghagallon but they should have no issues getting themselves ready to play  if there is a replay. County final at stake.

Truth hurts

Every club is sent rules and regulations before the commencement of a championship by the county secretary.
I feel for the St Marys boys on here but its not PG1 fault.

Saffsof82

Quote from: JimStynes on November 01, 2021, 09:57:38 AM
So do we just go and have a penalty shootout now or what? f**king wise up. You were beaten fair and square. No one complained until you were beaten. I would 100% not be appealing if the shoe was on the other foot.

Agree totally, best team won, ports should have no complaints, going to penalties is no way to decide a game, cant see too many actual players complaining about this or the mgt who i believe stood down after the game, more the pen pushers that have a bee in their bonnet

asaffgael

Penalties may not be but that's the rules of the competition. Should st comgalls hand back the junior trophy?