Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Gribbies took his wife's surname after marrying her!

Ciaran McGourt has been asked onto county panels numerous times but has never seemed to want to give the commitment, never seemed to want to do the physical stuff of pre-season but in fairness is the type who dosnt need to--if he wanted he could play centre forward or in the corner or wherever--but he seems far happier playin for the Galls.

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gaaboardmod3

Aquazur, I have deleted a post on page 98, brought to the mods attention recently,  where you made public the name of a poster on this board. This is against the rules of this forum, and many others. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but any further incidents will earn a ban.

cheers.

gaagaa

Quote from: Gold on October 10, 2007, 12:43:13 AM
Gribbies took his wife's surname after marrying her!

Ciaran McGourt has been asked onto county panels numerous times but has never seemed to want to give the commitment, never seemed to want to do the physical stuff of pre-season but in fairness is the type who dosnt need to--if he wanted he could play centre forward or in the corner or wherever--but he seems far happier playin for the Galls.

He nees to improve his discipline for a start - thought he should have kept it shut in Croker (club final) & played on instead of cribbinbg at ref.  Ability alone doesnt make a great player.

Balboa

I think you are thinking of the brother Kevin, or "Shaws Road" as he is known on this board.

gaagaa

Quote from: Balboa on October 13, 2007, 11:11:43 PM
I think you are thinking of the brother Kevin, or "Shaws Road" as he is known on this board.

Ah

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

If that's right, it looks like they beat St Paul's today. There's a dying kick in Hannahstown yet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theskull1

Is there a cut off for the leagues this year? Don't know when Dunloy footballers will get those matches played
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gold

play-off

St Brigids are 2 points ahead of Rasharkin with 2 to go--they play this wkend in Rasharkin which should be competitive.

St Brigids drew with Aghagallon yesterday while Sharkin tanked the Rossa

Maximus Marillius

What has become of John Joe...he use to be regular poster here....then he just disappeared. Did he and Slim run off together :D

Gold

Are we gonna beat Cavan?

Id say we could but sure its a long way away

Balboa

Quote from: Gold on October 16, 2007, 10:39:52 PM
Are we gonna beat Cavan?

Id say we could but sure its a long way away

We might beat them, or we might not, or it could be a draw.

Gold

or there may be a thunderstorm and the match may get postponed--could be played the week after in glorious sunshine--we may all get in for free- Smickers will wander in thinkn DC are playin and we could be gettin beat, then the match may be abandoned if theres a fight or serious injury.

Good prediction champ, thoughtful insight

PlayWithTheWind

is that championship match home or away to cavan?

hope jody changes his defensive tactics! will there be any new faces making it through to the squad?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

saffron sam2

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on October 18, 2007, 03:42:06 PM
is that championship match home or away to cavan?

hope jody changes his defensive tactics! will there be any new faces making it through to the squad?

Michael Pollock (Gorts), Mark Graham (Portglenone) and Liam Carlin (St. Paul's) are the only new names I've heard. Joe Quinn back for another year and only one McGourty.

Don't know about improved defensive tactics, running techniques appear to be much more important.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet