Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Sponsors put money in, people on forums don't... I lost out on this and I totally agree... put the money in you need to get something out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Stillwater2

To the detrament off the club volunteer?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2017, 09:51:33 PM
Sponsors put money in, people on forums don't... I lost out on this and I totally agree... put the money in you need to get something out!
So all those volunteers who give up their valuable time and endless hours in service to their club (s) should stand aside to ensure those who can afford to make donation (tax deductible) in most instances, move to the head of the queue MR2.....?

Milltown Row2

Ive refereed, managed, helped out for many years, I didn't get a ticket this year,  I wanted one badly and didn't get one...

sponsors put a serious amount of money in to facilitate the county set up the same set up that a few here run down all the time, if I was a sponsor I'd be looking some sort of gift out of it... yes clubmen up and down the county work hard at it also but they don't do it just for a ticket on All Ireland day surely? If that's their sole purpose then that's a bit strange
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Stop painting it in bold colours MR2. Its just another nugde in the wrong direction. Volunteers are the lowest class in the GAA society and these decisions simply widen the schism
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

country bumpkin

So ur logic would suggest that the blood sweat and sometimes tears of all those volunteers does not equate to the tax deductible donations made by those, many of whom never attend a game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 04, 2017, 10:17:32 AM
So ur logic would suggest that the blood sweat and sometimes tears of all those volunteers does not equate to the tax deductible donations made by those, many of whom never attend a game.

Are you totally stupid? Tax deductible ? Whether they claim it back is irrelevant... would you prefer to not have sponsors?  your logic for supporting all the county teams is to not have sponsors? How does that work? Next you'll be claiming that the kids don't get fed cause there is no sponsors!

I've aleady said I've put in a shift for club and county and didn't get a ticket because of more sponsors getting them and club allocation was reduced! Wasn't happy at all, yes skull people who put the effort in are short changed sometimes, but doubt very much they do it for a ticket! They do it cause they love it, a lovely bonus would be a chance of an All Ireland final ticket but hey there is only 80 odd thousand getting them and when your county can't even get into the top tier you've even less a chance on it!

country bumpkin

Quote from: hardstation on November 05, 2017, 08:48:22 PM
So, after today's results, all the SW hopes lie with Cargin in the U21.

I'd nearly be supporting them, just to keep the thing alive outside of Belfast.

Is that the correct score for Glenravel?
Glad to have u aboard HS......maybe need ur help, but a Cosmopolitan look can be good.... ;)

Milltown Row2

Will Croke have to step in and help the SW?

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2017, 10:43:06 PM

Actually, that was the point I was trying to make last month, if Antrim are going to CP for funding, it should be for the Belfast, it should be for the whole of Antrim.

SWA, SA and NA all need to raise our game if we want to compete at national level. And that can only be achieved with an Antrim solution, not a section of Antrim solution

Na Glinntí Glasa

were still keeping the NA crisis button from being pressed just yet  8) ;D

U16b county champions yesterday and into the semi final of the U21b football. serious outfit lol

To be fair it was a good game between ourselves and Ballymena despite the fact the pitch wasnt in good shape. when you see how many times lads were falling over from both sides it was lucky no one got hurt.
hurl like f**k boi!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 06, 2017, 08:23:32 AM

Actually, that was the point I was trying to make last month, if Antrim are going to CP for funding, it should be for the Belfast, it should be for the whole of Antrim.

SWA, SA and NA all need to raise our game if we want to compete at national level. And that can only be achieved with an Antrim solution, not a section of Antrim solution
Even MR2's sat nav has no idea where the South West is located..... ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 06, 2017, 10:17:35 AM
Quote from: Kickham csc on November 06, 2017, 08:23:32 AM

Even MR2's sat nav has no idea where the South West is located..... ;)

christ you were looking to claim St Endas, Glenravel, and Ballycastle if they had won a match this year

theskull1

Surely that was a failure to field?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Quote from: theskull1 on November 06, 2017, 11:49:10 AM

Surely that was a failure to field?

Speaking to the bro in law this morning, he's married and living up there, says its correct. They travelled with 18 players.