Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on October 02, 2017, 05:17:09 PM
On another note altogether, the 3 South Antrim U12 finals took place at O'Donnells pitch yesterday. Great morning of football, well organised and hosted and some great football played too. Credit where it is due, well done O'Donnells and South Antrim.

Yes heard it was a great success, good to see us making some football gains!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2017, 06:58:51 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 02, 2017, 06:01:05 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on October 02, 2017, 11:54:54 AM
Replay now fixed for Glenavy on Sunday at 4pm. Thought under lights during midweek would have been the better option myself but Glenavy is a good venue all the same
Ahoghill is too close to Toome.....reason enough  :)

SW lads complaining about SW venues, sure flipping Lamhs is like a SW venue for flip sake!!

Glenavy venue must be to make up for last years pulled match... It's got very good turf, parking is not great, but is about halfway...

PS sure you have to leave the street lights to get to hannahstown, so it can't be a city club then

Pss can't believe the johnnies men aren't up in arms, they were very, very unlucky.

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bogieman

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 26, 2017, 04:25:05 PM
Jeez...this is a new record of some kind. Lenny has been in post less than a full day and already some people - Antrim supporters apparently - are prepared to write off his tenure as a failure. He deserves the support of us all, and all our clubs as he tried to turn around our fortunes. Best wishes to him and whatever backroom team he brings on board.

Well said.
Unfortunately Lenny will not get the support of all, many of the posters already would fit into a supporter category filed under N.  8)

I would like to think there will be a suitable setup for the squad - fit for purpose, no luxuries needed.
I'm happy to wait and see the full lineup once they have it organised, what's the rush ?

Ps fair play to frank and gearoid, men with integrity, had their shoulder to the wheel, will be an asset to any squad they join.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: JimStynes on October 02, 2017, 07:45:51 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 02, 2017, 07:18:32 PM
Quote from: stiffler on February 14, 2017, 04:38:18 PM
My predictions:

Cargin
Dunloy
Sarsfields

Looking good. If only I was a betting man.

You should have waited! Going to scud yourself now.

well thats it were done for now  :-\ lol the skud is on us again
hurl like f**k boi!

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Dunloy management

Anthony McQuillan is minor manager helps out. It's just the 3 of them

JimStynes

paddyjohn

Belfast GAA man

Are the u17 and u20 jobs filled?

country bumpkin

bit of banter

Anyone any wiser as to lennys backroom team. Hearing there will be trials for players wishing to join senior panel this year anyone else hearing this.

Milltown Row2

Jesus I know it's important to have a backroom team, good coach, great trainer even a nutritionist, but when did it become more important than the manager?

Do we pick a good manager, and trust his judgement on his backroom team, or are we happier to have a backroom team with an ok manager?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bit of banter

Mr2 im totally happy with lennys appointment, i feel he had the best cv of all applicants. I am totally behind him and i feel he will do a good job if he gets the support of the players and off course the clubs and county board but his backroom team will be important as it will be a selling point to players committing. I just find it strange that we dont know who he has helping out. Surely if applying for the post and being interviewed he would have had to disclose this at the time. Alot has been made of other applicants backroom teams being of the highest calibre people so alot of people do see the backroom team as being very importan, which it is .

Spike

Quote from: bit of banter on October 04, 2017, 11:45:56 PM
Mr2 im totally happy with lennys appointment, i feel he had the best cv of all applicants. I am totally behind him and i feel he will do a good job if he gets the support of the players and off course the clubs and county board but his backroom team will be important as it will be a selling point to players committing. I just find it strange that we dont know who he has helping out. Surely if applying for the post and being interviewed he would have had to disclose this at the time. Alot has been made of other applicants backroom teams being of the highest calibre people so alot of people do see the backroom team as being very importan, which it is .

It is strange.......but this is antrim.

Either he doesnt have one (which questions how he got the job in the first place) or he cant disclose until they have completed their commitments to other clubs (which is totally understandable).  What is certain is that with such an underwhelming choice as manager, his backroom staff needs to be a big sell.  Hopefully lenny will produce some credible names very shortly as most championship campaigns are over for clubs

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Spike on October 05, 2017, 09:07:58 AM
Quote from: bit of banter on October 04, 2017, 11:45:56 PM

It is strange.......but this is antrim.

Either he doesnt have one (which questions how he got the job in the first place) or he cant disclose until they have completed their commitments to other clubs (which is totally understandable).  What is certain is that with such an underwhelming choice as manager, his backroom staff needs to be a big sell.  Hopefully lenny will produce some credible names very shortly as most championship campaigns are over for clubs

A tyrone man in with him as trainer I believe
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Spike

A tyrone man in with him as trainer I believe
[/quote]

Seems to be the new 'go to' place for trainers these days. Armagh men dont serm to be in vogue as much any more.