Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2017, 09:17:59 PM
I think it very handy or petty, depends what way you'll take it, but certainly we've a couple of posters happy enough to stick the knife in at every opportunity they can at people giving up their time to help run the county and all it's needs while not using their own names!

Easy to knock I suppose

Exactly mate. Well said

country bumpkin

Glad to see our excellent PRO has another admirer  :)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Seans doing an excellent job as PRO. Ive worked with him a fair bit since hes started and hes up for promoting all of our clubs, events, fund raisers etc. His enthusiasm and passion for our games is very evident with the effort he goes to.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 30, 2017, 10:43:04 AM
Seans doing an excellent job as PRO. Ive worked with him a fair bit since hes started and hes up for promoting all of our clubs, events, fund raisers etc. His enthusiasm and passion for our games is very evident with the effort he goes to.

Agree, the effort the man goes to is ridiculous. A gentleman also.

Hectic

I don't disagree with anything positive that has been said about our PRO but it is getting a bit boring at this stage - I think we all know he is doing an excellent job at this stage but can we not change the record?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 30, 2017, 10:57:48 AM
I don't disagree with anything positive that has been said about our PRO but it is getting a bit boring at this stage - I think we all know he is doing an excellent job at this stage but can we not change the record?

To what?

Hectic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 30, 2017, 12:37:26 PM
Maybe pre match meals ;)

Posters on this board, myself included, have been accused of being negative, being anti SV and not giving praise to county officers, so when he does get praise you want us to change the record? Sean Kelly has been superb in his role as PRO and deserves all the praise that has been and will continue to be given to him. Maybe because he doesn't sing to the same tune as some on SV we aren't allowed to praise him.

Pre match meals for who? Sure that isn't an issue is it?

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 30, 2017, 12:47:36 PM
Maybe pre match meals ;)

Posters on this board, myself included, have been accused of being negative, being anti SV and not giving praise to county officers, so when he does get praise you want us to change the record? Sean Kelly has been superb in his role as PRO and deserves all the praise that has been and will continue to be given to him. Maybe because he doesn't sing to the same tune as some on SV we aren't allowed to praise him.

So then sure show a bit more variety in your positivity - if you tell a joke once people might think you are funny but if you tell the same joke week after week then folk will wonder if it is the only joke you know.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 30, 2017, 12:57:36 PM
Maybe pre match meals ;)

So then sure show a bit more variety in your positivity - if you tell a joke once people might think you are funny but if you tell the same joke week after week then folk will wonder if it is the only joke you know.

Buts it's the best joke I know.

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 30, 2017, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: Hectic on March 30, 2017, 12:57:36 PM
Maybe pre match meals ;)

Buts it's the best joke I know.

Ha - in that case my apologies - carry on.

Hectic

Changing the subject - only over a week now until we are off and running in Div 1 and 2 - how are we all shaping up at this stage?  Interesting start for Antrim with a game against neighbours Randalstown and a game that could see an upset in my opinion.  Ardoyne have a difficult trip to an ever improving Dunloy while Rasharkin will do well to get anything from Ballymena.

In Div 1 Aghagallon are another who I fancy to start with a win away to Ahoghill.  I do see a lot of interest in the other games.  Div 1 for me is a funny one because the top teams generally are in no panic to hit top gear as compared to Div 2 where teams are nearly all either in the promotion or relegation mix from the beginning.

And given these two divisions have yet to begin is it a bit premature to suggest awarding Glenravel the Div 3 title now?

bogieman

I think it very handy or petty, depends what way you'll take it, but certainly we've a couple of posters happy enough to stick the knife in at every opportunity they can at people giving up their time to help run the county and all it's needs while not using their own names!

Easy to knock I suppose

well said.

PS. and the PRO is still doing a fantastic job, long may it continue; him, and his praise. http://gaaboard.com/board/Smileys/default/smiley.gif
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

country bumpkin

Quote from: bogieman on March 30, 2017, 05:54:43 PM

Easy to knock I suppose

well said.

PS. and the PRO is still doing a fantastic job, long may it continue; him, and his praise.

http://gaaboard.com/board/Smileys/default/smiley.gif
Seems a few on site are keen not to give any credit at all to our Ulster achieving PRO......and the fact that all who would 'run the county' do give of their services gratis.....indeed ;)

Hectic

I do believe he deserves great credit, no doubt about it. But if the same stuff is posted on here every week it is in danger of becoming a cliche.