Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2016, 09:26:00 AM
Fair play to Aghagallon. Only Antrim team to win on the Ulster series.

Hopefully the whole county will get behind them now.

With a potential "home" game in the semis they should go well. Hopefully get a double header in Armagh or newry with Kilcoo and lough shore compatriots Maghery.

The Gs Man

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on October 31, 2016, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2016, 09:26:00 AM
Fair play to Aghagallon. Only Antrim team to win on the Ulster series.

Hopefully the whole county will get behind them now.

With a potential "home" game in the semis they should go well. Hopefully get a double header in Armagh or newry with Kilcoo and lough shore compatriots Maghery.

If it's a double header with Kilcoo there's potential to be at least 16 Brannigans on the pitch!   :D
Keep 'er lit

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 31, 2016, 11:42:35 AM

If it's a double header with Kilcoo there's potential to be at least 16 Brannigans on the pitch!   :D

Would that Brannagan lad be a brother of Sean? He was some baller for the county minors back in the day

JimStynes

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on October 31, 2016, 07:02:30 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on October 31, 2016, 11:42:35 AM

Would that Brannagan lad be a brother of Sean? He was some baller for the county minors back in the day

Pat and Sean are brothers. There is 11 in the family! And they're cousins of the Kilcoo Branagans.

bannside

I'll take Portglenone to get within a beagals gowl of you next year CB and definitely chin ya at least once in the next two years. How's that.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Aghagallon big advantage playing at home in the semi final

oneclubonelife

Bannside - Do you think new manager Jude is the missing link to get Casements over the line in the championship

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on October 31, 2016, 11:26:18 PM
I'll take Portglenone to get within a beagals gowl of you next year CB and definitely chin ya at least once in the next two years. How's that.
Think you are on the oul jungle juice BS....unclear as to just what are u suggesting.....bearing in mind a 'beagles gowl' can be heard a long ways off in and around the flat lands of Toome.....do u mean ur boys will get within range of Cargin in 2017 and be able to beat us in the following year?
In such event just what would that prove.......be bold and state u will win a senior championship or is getting the better of Cargin the elusive prize?

bannside

We are pleased to have acquired the services of Jude Donnelly for the next two seasons and yes I fully expect us to kick on noticeably.  I won't be do bold as to say we will win a championship...but believe me that is the target. Its up to the players to make their own statement on the pitch and they know that last year was a middling effort.

CB said a month ago that we weren't within a beagles gowl of Cargin....and he is right...but I think we will start closing the gap sometime soon.

oneclubonelife

Jude is a very good coach and has worked very hard in keeping Lavey competitive in Derry but the highlight of his term would probably be beating Slaughtneil in the championship in 2015 when there was a backdoor in place. Would Casements not have pushed the boat out and brought in a championship winning manager to use his winning experience to,as you have said, push on to challenge Cargin. How long do you think you have with
this group of players before it could fritter away like the last good group of players from Casements

bannside

I'd love to know One Club which manager you might like to recommend. Judes best achievement was training and coaching a team to an inch of their lives when Lavey kicked away a two point lead to concede a goal in thd last minute to Ballinderry in the Derry cship of 2013. John Brennan and Henry Downey were on the line but to me there was a lot of Judes imput on that effort. Shamrocks went on to win the final.

Time will tell how things pan out but we have a good age profile now and a new pitch etc and a bit of genuine optimism. I suppose lots of clubs will be saying that too at this time of the year lol.

oneclubonelife

I suppose this shows the difference in the outlook of different people when it is viewed that a prospective manger's biggest achievement is being part of a management backroom team that were beaten in a game rather than being the manager of a team that defeated the team that would go on to be county champions through the backdoor system - I suppose there is a scenario now when Casements meet Cargin of the "master v the pupil" . Its great to be home for a few days to see all the banter and aspirations around as clubs chase managers for the new 2017 season.

bannside

All harmless banter as you say One Life. Under 21 championship weekend ahead and domestic tasty fixtures.

Milltown Row2

Nothing about JB's inability to push Cargin forward??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oneclubonelife

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2016, 08:00:22 PM
Nothing about JB's inability to push Cargin forward??

He is maybe missing Henry and Jude on the line with him ;)