Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2016, 05:36:17 PM
No need to see the highlights as the match is still very easy to remember  :(

You'll get people leaving early at every game, supporters neutrals the lot, I was at the scoreboard end and left at the 34 minute of the game, Cargin lads going to at same time. Chatting to a family on way round to car!! Shocked, no just people know when the game is over...

Cargin have the personnel to move on from last years Cross game... hopefully they will bring the counties low nationwide opinion of Antrim football to a better place, Christ we'd need to do something to improve it!

I thought you would of stood and clapped the champions off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 20, 2016, 06:37:46 PM

You'll get people leaving early at every game, supporters neutrals the lot, I was at the scoreboard end and left at the 34 minute of the game, Cargin lads going to at same time. Chatting to a family on way round to car!! Shocked, no just people know when the game is over...

Cargin have the personnel to move on from last years Cross game... hopefully they will bring the counties low nationwide opinion of Antrim football to a better place, Christ we'd need to do something to improve it!

I know! Madness!! Ah well I'll wait till the Ulster final to clap them off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2016, 09:49:15 PM

Sore loser I'd say.

Not the only one from down the milltown row if all is to be believed. The band of brothers
disbanded? Could you get me an application form for the managers job?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 20, 2016, 10:54:54 PM

Sore loser I'd say.

Not the only one from down the milltown row if all is to be believed. The band of brothers

Sho me a happy loser and I'll show you a loser!!!  Whats your CV like PJ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

I can't see many official retirees around St Galls. Have any been confirmed so far?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2016, 11:01:51 PM

Sore loser I'd say.

I've coached my clubs Un8/Un10s right up to minor so I can sort out a squabble between children, should be enough to get me that job after last weeks antics after the game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 21, 2016, 10:41:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2016, 11:01:51 PM

Sore loser I'd say.

I've coached my clubs Un8/Un10s right up to minor so I can sort out a squabble between children, should be enough to get me that job after last weeks antics after the game.

Antics? enlighten me?

Hectic

Haha - yeah underage good for learning how to deal with the younger generation these days but still are far cry from taking an adult team Paddy John (no disrespect especially if you have been involved with the juvenile teams in recent years who are looking like they could go on and establish themselves in div 1 with the current crop after a highly successful campaign)- sure maybe apply for their minor job, impress and who knows in a couple of years ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on October 21, 2016, 11:10:28 AM
Haha - yeah underage good for learning how to deal with the younger generation these days but still are far cry from taking an adult team Paddy John (no disrespect especially if you have been involved with the juvenile teams in recent years who are looking like they could go on and establish themselves in div 1 with the current crop after a highly successful campaign)- sure maybe apply for their minor job, impress and who knows in a couple of years ;)

I've been involved with enough adult teams, so I'd say I'd have a fairly good stab at it.

country bumpkin

Hear things are not well up at Milltown MR2......management gone and squabbling among players.....seems some were not happy at the inclusion of A G in the team and indeed I heard one individual shout at management in most offensive tone as to the introduction of a late sub....hate to paraphrase but went something like this 'why are u putting that fat f**k*r on for'?
Gall's were a super side but despite the protestations of BS I certainly do anticipate retirements at the Row and the future does not look bright I fear.
As I said as winners the St Gall's men were superb but I am sorry to say the Milltown men are not good at losing.............they did buck the trend at conclusion and not a single representative from those in the Blue and White, either management or player managed to make the 'long trek' to the Cargin changing room to wish them well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 21, 2016, 12:00:16 PM
Hear things are not well up at Milltown MR2......management gone and squabbling among players.....seems some were not happy at the inclusion of A G in the team and indeed I heard one individual shout at management in most offensive tone as to the introduction of a late sub....hate to paraphrase but went something like this 'why are u putting that fat f**k*r on for'?
Gall's were a super side but despite the protestations of BS I certainly do anticipate retirements at the Row and the future does not look bright I fear.
As I said as winners the St Gall's men were superb but I am sorry to say the Milltown men are not good at losing.............they did buck the trend at conclusion and not a single representative from those in the Blue and White, either management or player managed to make the 'long trek' to the Cargin changing room to wish them well.

So a manager quits after the season is over and players have complaints about team selections then there is a problem?? Feck lads get a grip, I'd be pretty annoyed if players didn't have emotions and feel like venting!! Obviously we'd all love to keep our emotions in check and certainly not in public, but winners strive for more and second best isn't an option...

Sure your own club went into turmoil after championship final defeats... Christ yas even got rid of a manager that actually won the championship!!

As for retirements hey that's down to the players.. they know their own bodies and the commitments needed to reach the top of the tree, I couldn't and neither can anyone else speculate on this !

Again I don't know your mindset cb but I hate losing... it never sits well with me. You're probably different to me... the players shook hands after the match I presume and individually wished them well?

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 21, 2016, 11:54:13 AM
Quote from: Hectic on October 21, 2016, 11:10:28 AM

I've been involved with enough adult teams, so I'd say I'd have a fairly good stab at it.

Have you managed teams outwith your own club yet?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2016, 01:37:02 PM

So a manager quits after the season is over and players have complaints about team selections then there is a problem?? Feck lads get a grip, I'd be pretty annoyed if players didn't have emotions and feel like venting!! Obviously we'd all love to keep our emotions in check and certainly not in public, but winners strive for more and second best isn't an option...

Sure your own club went into turmoil after championship final defeats... Christ yas even got rid of a manager that actually won the championship!!

As for retirements hey that's down to the players.. they know their own bodies and the commitments needed to reach the top of the tree, I couldn't and neither can anyone else speculate on this !

Again I don't know your mindset cb but I hate losing... it never sits well with me. You're probably different to me... the players shook hands after the match I presume and individually wished them well?
'turmoil' after final defeats MR2.....don't think so.....Cargin have certainly endured more than their fair share of gut wrenching championship defeats and draconian measures imposed to curtail, but hey back we came.
As I said prior to the final the measure of the Milltown men would be just how they would react to a defeat if such became a reality.
Gall's have been super champions and a credit to the county but i am sorry to say poor losers.......possibly they are not accustomed to defeat and remains to be seen how they proceed from here.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 21, 2016, 04:29:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2016, 01:37:02 PM

'turmoil' after final defeats MR2.....don't think so.....Cargin have certainly endured more than their fair share of gut wrenching championship defeats and draconian measures imposed to curtail, but hey back we came.
As I said prior to the final the measure of the Milltown men would be just how they would react to a defeat if such became a reality.
Gall's have been super champions and a credit to the county but i am sorry to say poor losers.......possibly they are not accustomed to defeat and remains to be seen how they proceed from here.

I fail to see your point here but I'll humour you once more... You beat us in Casement first round many years ago, JC was the manager and you's let him go and failed to win it for many years after causing a rift withing the club... but after that loss to yourselves we reacted to that defeat by winning Ulster again and then going on to win the All Ireland club final on St Patrick's day...

So when it comes to reacting to defeat the clubs has a history of dusting itself down and going at it again, as its been the case since our first Uter club title back in 82...

It remains to be seen how good Cargin actually are on the national stage, if they are happy enough to win Antrim then they will do just fine  ;)

country bumpkin

Sure Cargin may not be prepared for the National or even the Provincial stage but at present they are most certainly top of the pile on the domestic front.......  :)