Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Cargin v Creggan part two is Sat 10th back at Ahoghill 6.00pm.........wonder which cargin team will show up this time ???

stiffler

Quote from: hardstation on September 05, 2016, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on September 05, 2016, 12:00:50 PM
Cargin v Creggan part two is Sat 10th back at Ahoghill 6.00pm.........wonder which cargin team will show up this time ???
Rossa v Lámh Dhearg part two is Saturday 24th!!

Anyone got the semi draw for the senior? Couldn't find it on the fixtures section of the county website.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

jdyok

Cargin or Creggan v St John's
St Gall's v Rossa or Lamh Dhearg

country bumpkin

As you are my financial adviser on punting MR2.......Cargin are now at 9/4 to regain title......what u think......will the real Cargin show up again this year?
Need your help and a possible commission may well be forthcoming.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 05, 2016, 07:21:44 PM
As you are my financial adviser on punting MR2.......Cargin are now at 9/4 to regain title......what u think......will the real Cargin show up again this year?
Need your help and a possible commission may well be forthcoming.

That is a steal, will lump on that... but if that question mark over Cargin's mental toughness is questioned by Creggan or even the Johnnies should they beat Creggan, they could fold
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Have done so already good price indeed  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 05, 2016, 11:00:37 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 04, 2016, 08:50:38 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 04, 2016, 07:26:22 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 04, 2016, 03:07:05 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 04, 2016, 10:48:01 AM
Finally Junior and I strongly fancy Glenravel if they keep their focus. Was at their game with Ardoyne on Thursday and they opened up looking like they were going to blow the opposition away only to go to sleep and found themselves 4 behind early in the second half. They then seemed to give themselves a shake and turned that into a 5 point win with a strong showing in the last 25 mins. Where Antrim will have optimism is that Glenravel have lost a couple of finals recently when fancied but if they show up for the full 60 mins Antrim will not live with them.

Sure you had Ardoyne tipped to beat Glenravel...

That is true but having watched the game and on the basis Ardoyne were blowing everyone out of the water in Div 3 I do not think it is too much of a reach to say Glenravel now favourites. But Glenravel seem to have a problem in finals recently so Antrim cannot be discounted. I was at a double header final in Casement a few years ago when Glenravel were supposed to just show up yet the did not show at all and Ardoyne strolled home. But sure as you point out what do I know!

I was also at the that Double Header and a 1pt victory is hardly strolling home.. Considering Ardoyne only scored 1pt in the second half also.

Our lads will have it tight against Dunloy in the IFC.

We played Dunloy in the winter league up there about 6 years ago.  They where one of the worst teams I had ever played against.  They have obviously come a long way since then.

The football set up was a complete shambells back then. Only a small few cared or were interested in how they did.

Now they have a development committee set up simliar to the hurling, they have good people in charge of the teams and the progress is there to be seen on the pitch. The U12's won the league shield, U14's beat in South West Feile final, U16's beat in the final and now the minors into the county final.

The good work has been years in the making but its starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

2 of that minor team played last night in the win over randalstown scoring 2-08 between them.

They are even better hurlers as well :)
hurl like f**k boi!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 06, 2016, 02:13:06 PM
Finally Junior and I strongly fancy Glenravel if they keep their focus. Was at their game with Ardoyne on Thursday and they opened up looking like they were going to blow the opposition away only to go to sleep and found themselves 4 behind early in the second half. They then seemed to give themselves a shake and turned that into a 5 point win with a strong showing in the last 25 mins. Where Antrim will have optimism is that Glenravel have lost a couple of finals recently when fancied but if they show up for the full 60 mins Antrim will not live with them.

That is true but having watched the game and on the basis Ardoyne were blowing everyone out of the water in Div 3 I do not think it is too much of a reach to say Glenravel now favourites. But Glenravel seem to have a problem in finals recently so Antrim cannot be discounted. I was at a double header final in Casement a few years ago when Glenravel were supposed to just show up yet the did not show at all and Ardoyne strolled home. But sure as you point out what do I know!

I was also at the that Double Header and a 1pt victory is hardly strolling home.. Considering Ardoyne only scored 1pt in the second half also.

We played Dunloy in the winter league up there about 6 years ago.  They where one of the worst teams I had ever played against.  They have obviously come a long way since then.

The football set up was a complete shambells back then. Only a small few cared or were interested in how they did.

Now they have a development committee set up simliar to the hurling, they have good people in charge of the teams and the progress is there to be seen on the pitch. The U12's won the league shield, U14's beat in South West Feile final, U16's beat in the final and now the minors into the county final.

The good work has been years in the making but its starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

2 of that minor team played last night in the win over randalstown scoring 2-08 between them.

I'll give yous 100/1 vs Aghagallon  ;D

In D3, Antrim have a chance in the final, they are no mugs and would be a lot more defensively minded than Ardoyne who where suspect defensively, just nobody in D3 could exploit it.   

Hectic

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 07, 2016, 11:01:01 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 06, 2016, 02:13:06 PM

I'll give yous 100/1 vs Aghagallon  ;D

In D3, Antrim have a chance in the final, they are no mugs and would be a lot more defensively minded than Ardoyne who where suspect defensively, just nobody in D3 could exploit it.

I will have £50 at those odds please.

Na Glinntí Glasa

ill def take them odds lol

we have been underdogs in each game and gave no chance. It suits us down to a tee. Were getting all the dual players now theres no hurling to look at along with a good minor panel on board. it gives us a chance but we know we arent favourites again.

Look its all about progression and development of the game in the club back to a level where we once were at many moons ago.
hurl like f**k boi!

Mickey Linden

Is paddy Bradley still involved with the Dunloy setup? Haven't seen any odds yet but would Dunloy not be slight favourites for intermediate honours now especially after dumping a div 1 team out in the last round?

Na Glinntí Glasa

paddy just called in to take a session, he helped out last year but not this season.

I wouldnt put us favs for the game, we have only gathered form to the tail end of the season and Aghagallon have been consistent all year. they gave moneyglass a good pasting in the semi final so i would make them the favourites for the game.
hurl like f**k boi!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 07, 2016, 12:21:35 PM
Is paddy Bradley still involved with the Dunloy setup? Haven't seen any odds yet but would Dunloy not be slight favourites for intermediate honours now especially after dumping a div 1 team out in the last round?

No, look at the league tables and that should tell you.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 07, 2016, 03:41:32 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 07, 2016, 12:21:35 PM

No, look at the league tables and that should tell you.
Have a look at the league tables indeed C Lights, Cargin have finished top of the pile in league on a lot of occasions, think was 20 plus....six championship titles.....tells a tale.
Have seen both Aghagallon and Dunloy in action this year and although I will say the St Mary's men have impressed, as a betting man I would not risk a penny against a Dunloy side which has character in bucket loads.
Could go either way ;)

Mickey Linden

Any man who is betting on championship games based on league tables will be in the poor house!