Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: stiffler on August 03, 2016, 11:24:44 AM
Bit of a shock in minor championship with dunloy beating Creggan by a point last night. Creggan would have been favourites for the championship before a ball was kicked.

Dunloy on for a football/hurling double now.

Dunno how you could be labeled favorites having only played one league game in two months prior a championship game. St Brigids would be favorites now. Dunloy beat them first game of the league with them missing a couple of big players, so I'd say with the full compliment, they'll be a strong outfit.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: stiffler on August 03, 2016, 11:24:44 AM
Bit of a shock in minor championship with dunloy beating Creggan by a point last night. Creggan would have been favourites for the championship before a ball was kicked.

Dunloy on for a football/hurling double now.

Creggan would of prob been the favourites for the cship along with st brigid's but calling it a shock is way off the mark. Dunloy have only lost 2 games this year - to Rossa and Creggan - and in both games they were missing alot of players.

Tues nighit was the first time they have fielded the strongest 15 this season. We were more than good for the win being up 0-07 to 0-02 at half time and thats having missing 3 goals but for great saves from the keeper.

Theres been alot of work done at under age level this past few years at football in the club and theres a good management team from U16 up to senior who all work together on the 3 teams. I was very impressed with our lads and with a bit of luck we could end our 39 year wait for a minor title.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

With the championship season about to start here are my predictions..

SFC- Cargin

IFC-  St Endas

JFC-  Ardoyne.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 09, 2016, 04:32:52 PM

SFC- Cargin

IFC-  St Endas

JFC-  Ardoyne.

Any reasons why you predict the above?

themac_23

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2016, 12:16:48 PM

SFC- Cargin

IFC-  St Endas

JFC-  Ardoyne.

Probably because they're the stand out team in each grade. Not being smart by the way but they're the teams that stand out.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2016, 12:16:48 PM

SFC- Cargin

IFC-  St Endas

JFC-  Ardoyne.

As Mac above said, the 3 stand out teams in the 3 grades.

country bumpkin

Saw Creggan beat Ahoghill tonite..............not impressed :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 12, 2016, 10:14:16 PM
Saw Creggan beat Ahoghill tonite..............not impressed :)

They your biggest challengers this year I take it??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Doubt that MR2......if they do manage to beat Cargin (and indeed they do proclaim such) then the silverware will be Milltown bound.......don't agree then visit PP and u will be well rewarded if right.

bannside

Was at the game last night. Creggan the deserved winners although gutsy Ahoghill didn't lose anything in defeat. Creggan have definitely kicked on under Kevin and are playing a nice brand of football. Got a good handful of scoring forwards which they haven't had before (two Small brothers take some watching) and plenty of football throughout the team.

Creggan have to be in the mix for silverware. I see the winners of them and Cargin lifting the silverware and keeping the title in the South West.

country bumpkin

You may well be right Bannside but I doubt if Kickhams have a defensive unit to match their own ambitions and ur expectations.

They just could not cope with young Dan O' Neill last nite, and Ahoghill spurned a couple of goals chances as well.

The last time I looked Mr Power had them at 16/1.........back you assessment?

bannside

After what I saw tonight I would have to say that in my opinion Cargin are by a fair bit the best team in the county right now. Made Creggan look very ordinary tonight and some of the football they are playing is as good as it gets. Credit where it's due, that was a joy to watch.

Can't see anyone stopping them this year in Antrim and would expect them to be better prepared for Ulster this time round too.

country bumpkin

Was at the game as well Bannside, and I do agree that we looked good but having spoken to JB post game he does suggest that the quality of the opposition needs to be assessed.

Creggan are a long way off he thinks and he does suggest that Cargin have a bit to go to reach peak and tougher games do lie ahead.

Have to agree with such sentiment and agree that to reclaim senior title LD and the Milltown men will prove stiffer tests.

Na Glinntí Glasa

big win for ourselves on sat evening against St. Endas. went to extra time and held them scoreless to get through. very impressed with the lads
hurl like f**k boi!

Christmas Lights

Why are Glenravel Con Magees playing in the Junior championship when they are a Division 2 team?  Surely thats not right?

Them and Ardoyne should be a good semi final.

Antrim will beat St Malachys in the other semi final, they are not a bad team and should put it up to the winners of the other semi final