Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah if it split I think it would work very well.

Hectic

I read Frankie Quinn had taken a swipe at the amount of canvassing that had gone on around clubs by 'Saffron Vision' in order to gain support in the elections this week.  Surely for anyone wishing to invoke change the key is to inform clubs on their strategy, targets and goals so as they can make an informed decision when voting. Maybe a lack of transparency and working closely with clubs has helped Antrim county get into the sorry state it has been in. Thoughts?

Na Glinntí Glasa

it happens at every AGM in the county where someone who wants a position and thinks that they could do a better job canvasses for support. The defeated person generally feels like they have been ambushed and therefore moans about it.

SV canvassed well and as a result got the positions. I know every position went to a secret vote at our AGM and the people who were voted in were who we as a club went forward with to support. It was the same no doubt for every club
hurl like f**k boi!

country bumpkin

Wonder would Mr Quinn have survived a vote?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 12, 2015, 07:50:46 PM
Wonder would Mr Quinn have survived a vote?

I dont think he would have judging by the way things went last week
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Michael mccann back in the panel. Big addition.

Catch and Kick

Who can stop Antrim now in Division 4 with all these players back? Serious improvement in the strength of the panel with this latest news

bannside

Excellent vibe about the panel too compared to recent years. Things nice and positive with hopefully lots to look forward to. Get out of division four and beating Fermanagh that's the two main goals at this stage.

bannside

Niall McKeever Sean Burke, Jack Dowling, John Carron, Sean Mc Veigh and now Mick. That's midfield sorted!

Saffrongael

How many times have heard about "great vibes" and "training is brilliant" from both the footballers and hurlers?

Let's wait and see, talking won't win anything
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 14, 2015, 10:06:11 PM
How many times have heard about "great vibes" and "training is brilliant" from both the footballers and hurlers?

Let's wait and see, talking won't win anything

You can admit though that its a better panel than we've had recently??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Points a Good Score

Quote from: bannside on December 14, 2015, 09:52:21 PM
Niall McKeever Sean Burke, Jack Dowling, John Carron, Sean Mc Veigh and now Mick. That's midfield sorted!

Having watched Mick playing a less restricted role for Cargin this year, where by he was lined out at full forward and given what seemed like a free role in my opinion brought the best out in him. I'd like to see him play a similar role for Antrim where he can dictate the game higher up the pitch.

imtommygunn

It worked well the year we got to the ulster final. Out of all those guys I think he's the most versatile so shouldn't be difficult to accomodate him.

SaffronHeart

Really looking forward to the league campaign, it seems there will be serious competition for places which is not often the case. One thing I will say is we need a freetaker who is deadly accurate as this is often an essential requirement in promotion.

paddyjohn

Joe Quinn involved as a coach now to. Making moves in the right direction anyway.