Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

You must have been the only one didnt see the number of punches from behind then. Biased ;)

country bumpkin

U talking bout the Portglenone affair then mbandall?
But I wasn't in attendance, and anyway seems that one is under investigation 8)

bannside

Heard a murmur tonight that there was a difference of opinion at the end of Galls and Cargin? Just handbags - or was there more to it!

manballandall

That's what I was referring to bannside when I suggested to bumpkin about punches from behind but he avoided it well. Biased , me ?

country bumpkin

Quote from: manballandall on June 06, 2015, 11:47:01 PM
That's what I was referring to bannside when I suggested to bumpkin about punches from behind but he avoided it well. Biased , me ?
Was in the Row on the said night and, unless my eyesight is gone saw nothing of such.....did see handshakes all round........one late red card issued to one wearing blue and the withdrawal of another from the same ranks who was close to observing the same colour......sure Mr Mc Cotter was in the middle and I am sure he observed,,  what I missed.
Was mbandall even at the game?
Did ur 'source' relate his murmur prefixed by I wish or was it Once upon a time Bannside?

manballandall

bannside

Qualifier draw has us away to the losers of Kildare and Laois.

brendanbelfast

Of all the Div 4 teams in the 'hat' - we draw the losers of this pair. And away from home too.

Third year in a row we travel in our first round qualifier game. :(

imtommygunn

Tough draw :-(

Still Fermanagh could arguably have beat Laois last year and we beat them last year so you never know.

getevennotcross

3-19 to Laois, my goodness if we played them twice we would hardly score that. Looks like an early end to the Antrim season in both codes. Diabolical to say the least.

brendanbelfast

Whats 'diabolical'? an early end to the season which hasn't happened yet? Don't be an idiot. If it happens, put whatever label you want on it, but lets see how Saturday's match goes - yeah?

imtommygunn

We haven't even played yet!!

Is there any truth in the tweet from clubaontroma that this may be a home game? If so what would happen there?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 15, 2015, 08:00:54 AM
We haven't even played yet!!

Is there any truth in the tweet from clubaontroma that this may be a home game? If so what would happen there?
Has to be home if Antrim played away last year and Laois played at home.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Home where though?

Not sure we have a home that qualifies as a championship ground.

getevennotcross

Quote from: brendanbelfast on June 15, 2015, 12:00:41 AM
Whats 'diabolical'? an early end to the season which hasn't happened yet? Don't be an idiot. If it happens, put whatever label you want on it, but lets see how Saturday's match goes - yeah?
If such a safe bet whether Home or Away, would you be putting a significant wager on it? Idiot or not, come Sunday, I'd safely say you can put your flag, hat, flask and sat nav away for another year.  Diabolical is the correct label.

Tell ya what, you put £20.OO on Antrim to win and put a tenner on Laois for me,  lets see who you collect on come Monday next. Either way you cant loose!