Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

Well its a tad closer for a start!  Would encourage more fair weather supporters to attend! And certainly a disadvantage for the same reasons for Galls (support may not be encouraged to travel).
Forgetting about the county finals for a minute - are we seriously saying Ahoghill is the premier ground in the county?
Creggan is a better venue!
Lamhs is a better venue!
Glenavy is a better venue!
Ballycastle, Dunloy are betters venues!!! Ok its a matter of opinion, but i cant see the logic in this venue at all!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

DearyMe

Presumably you're happy with the venue CB? Wont have far to travel!

country bumpkin

Happy Bunny indeed DM......................five minutes down the road. ;D

country bumpkin

Think u are being a tad disrespectful to those gallant Gaels of Ahoghill DM..............they have a splendid ground with viewing easily accessible over a perfect sward....stewarding first class...............ample parking.............etc etc...............are u wobbling as well?

DearyMe

'as well'???

Would never disrespect fellow gaels CB!  Ahoghill do a sterling job, and there ground is a fine facility. 

Its just not ideal, nor the best location or facility for a county final. IMO

country bumpkin

Sure Toome would be available I hear DM. ???

DearyMe

Yes, didn't mention Cargin for obvious reasons, but cracking venue!  Never anything outside of Cargin matches fixed there, wonder why that is...

country bumpkin

Think they do wonder at Cargin as well :(

getevennotcross

Sure if it was in Miltown, they still would nae be happy  ;D  No pleasing some clubs, wanting all their own way all the time.

Glensman

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 07, 2014, 07:25:06 PM
Sure if it was in Miltown, they still would nae be happy  ;D  No pleasing some clubs, wanting all their own way all the time.

The main positive step here is that you got your full stop button fixed...........

wingnut

Quote from: DearyMe on October 07, 2014, 02:08:03 PM
'as well'???

Would never disrespect fellow gaels CB!  Ahoghill do a sterling job, and there ground is a fine facility. 

Leaving aside your obvious dislike of ahoghill as a venue,which as your opinion is fair enough, some of the points you make are laughable and id say disrespectful too.
You couldnt see the pitch last year?? Why didnt you move somewhere where you could see the whole pitch. Theres plenty of vantage points around the grounds which allow this privilege and any of the stewards would have pointed you in the right direction.

The parking was a joke? In what way? On sunday past all cars were cleared from the pitch and field within 15mins of the full time whistle. For a crowd that size, thats not bad

What does the other venues you mentioned have over ahoghill that make them more of an ideal location and facility? Dont get me wrong, theyre all good venues which would have done a great job in hosting the match. I just dont understand why you have had such a dummy spit with ahoghill being chosen.

getevennotcross

Quote from: wingnut on October 08, 2014, 12:20:24 PM
'as well'???

Leaving aside your obvious dislike of ahoghill as a venue,which as your opinion is fair enough, some of the points you make are laughable and id say disrespectful too.
You couldnt see the pitch last year?? Why didnt you move somewhere where you could see the whole pitch. Theres plenty of vantage points around the grounds which allow this privilege and any of the stewards would have pointed you in the right direction.

The parking was a joke? In what way? On sunday past all cars were cleared from the pitch and field within 15mins of the full time whistle. For a crowd that size, thats not bad

What does the other venues you mentioned have over ahoghill that make them more of an ideal location and facility? Dont get me wrong, theyre all good venues which would have done a great job in hosting the match. I just dont understand why you have had such a dummy spit with ahoghill being chosen.
self praise, self praise, self praise and vested interest if you ask me  ;)

country bumpkin

Self praise indeed................but do we all not practice such?

DearyMe

Quote from: wingnut on October 08, 2014, 12:20:24 PM
'as well'???

Deary Deary Me...

There were no cars on pitches last year? they were parked all the way up the road, both sides! (if they have cars on pitch now, then a welcomed progress indeed).

I couldnt move from my location because the place was mobbed, completely around the pitch, hanging over the fences, standing on fences, hills, anywhere they could grab an angle!  No gael should have to pay in to grapple for a look!

I dont have any personal issue with Ahoghill, hence my post!  Interesting reaction from the other posters on your input though! Think they might have a point.

But hey, you arent the first gael to react as if you own the club!

How is it disrespectful, did i offend someone?

country bumpkin

Dear DM, methinks u are wobbling a little............... ;)