Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2013, 11:49:01 PM
If Im negative towards you its doesn't mean Im negative towards Cargin ya glipe!! Im glad Cargin haven't any players from outside Toome  ::) oh wait...Tir na og  Creggan ........ Glass houses ya tool.

Ah, the Mc Cooey within doth emerge Milltown............ur eloquence astounds me as you seek the aid of the urban to add insult.......pity ur not as thoughtful or indeed as subtle as u think in ur whistling duties............and cargin may have a couple from those clubs of whom u speak, but none have ever been sought from armagh, tyrone, derry, down, fermanagh..........provincially cosmopolitan i  think................

Gold

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2013, 09:31:17 AM
If Im negative towards you its doesn't mean Im negative towards Cargin ya glipe!! Im glad Cargin haven't any players from outside Toome  ::) oh wait...Tir na og  Creggan ........ Glass houses ya tool.

Ah, the Mc Cooey within doth emerge Milltown............ur eloquence astounds me as you seek the aid of the urban to add insult.......pity ur not as thoughtful or indeed as subtle as u think in ur whistling duties............and cargin may have a couple from those clubs of whom u speak, but none have ever been sought from armagh, tyrone, derry, down, fermanagh..........provincially cosmopolitan i  think................

City clubs be it Dublin, Cork, Galway Belfast will have players who were born in other counties playing for them. These men moved to a city for work/college and still wanted to play football so joined a local team. Its better that those men play footbal than play none at all. Those men then live in Dublin or wherever--so why shouldnt they play for a team there?

I can tell you now if i was from Fermanagh or Armagh etc it would be impossible for me to travel there midweek for training. Never mind even going to play for them at the weekend as the fellas lives are in the city then, jobs, families etc, not back where they once lived. I dont think its a case of seeking players. Good players moving into the city will always go to the better teams or teams where their friends are or teams that are known to be welcoming and not cliquey

To my knowledge their arent many Universities or employment opportunities in Toome so cant imagine many people from around the province will be moving there. And say they did, say a Fermanagh man moved into Toome and went up to training and said 'im living here now, i got a job round the corner, i want to join you' would you say 'no, you were born 80 miles away and used to play for a club there, you cannot join us, i dont care that  you live here now' ???

Wise up!

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Quote from: Gold on November 30, 2013, 11:00:25 AM

City clubs be it Dublin, Cork, Galway Belfast will have players who were born in other counties playing for them. These men moved to a city for work/college and still wanted to play football so joined a local team. Its better that those men play footbal than play none at all. Those men then live in Dublin or wherever--so why shouldnt they play for a team there?

I can tell you now if i was from Fermanagh or Armagh etc it would be impossible for me to travel there midweek for training. Never mind even going to play for them at the weekend as the fellas lives are in the city then, jobs, families etc, not back where they once lived. I dont think its a case of seeking players. Good players moving into the city will always go to the better teams or teams where their friends are or teams that are known to be welcoming and not cliquey

To my knowledge their arent many Universities or employment opportunities in Toome so cant imagine many people from around the province will be moving there. And say they did, say a Fermanagh man moved into Toome and went up to training and said 'im living here now, i got a job round the corner, i want to join you' would you say 'no, you were born 80 miles away and used to play for a club there, you cannot join us, i dont care that  you live here now' ???

Wise up!
I presume to be quite wise gold and u have hit the nail right smack on the head..............Country based sides, Cargin included have done quite well to compete with such a set up which is far from the parish scene.................

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2013, 11:51:07 AM

Wise up!
I presume to be quite wise gold and u have hit the nail right smack on the head..............Country based sides, Cargin included have done quite well to compete with such a set up which is far from the parish scene.................

First off you've taken players from outside local parishes who don't work in Toome, so full of shite for that statement, secondly as a single code club (unless you include soccer) you will larger numbers playing one code. Large parish also which can facilitate 3 teams, I'd say youse could do a lot better with the numbers you have but always shit in the nest when it comes to beating City teams, be it in Belfast or up the country......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Language a bit crude Milltown, and certainly not in keeping with all of those members of the Gall's club who have been fine ambassadors for the county.

RefForFee

Sure all hankyball (big ball) Clubs have their blow ins.  And surely all you devoted soccer men know that! Thankfully it does not transcend to hurling clubs!
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2013, 02:36:56 PM
Language a bit crude Milltown, and certainly not in keeping with all of those members of the Gall's club who have been fine ambassadors for the county.

Ok the WUM's are back, I doubt you're from Cargin at all.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2013, 03:16:43 PM
Back to the old urban dictionary Milltown................well it's better than those planter based insults................

RefForFee

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2013, 03:50:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2013, 03:16:43 PM
Back to the old urban dictionary Milltown................well it's better than those planter based insults................

The old saying CB, EMPTY VESSELS ;)  Well said CB and you're right, there are St. Galls people, fine St. Galls people and there are, well you know what I mean  ???  I suppose all clubs have them though, and not just the preserve of the McCooeys!
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

glens abu

It's not surprising our County team is in such a state. :-[ :-[ :-[

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on November 30, 2013, 09:24:18 PM
It's not surprising our County team is in such a state. :-[ :-[ :-[

They come on every so often, have a pop at the posters then either leave cause no one plays with them or get banned. Sad really and if you look at any of their posts there is nothing supportive of the county

jftj

Glipe ! I haven't heard that word in a while-cracker.On this occasion I think you,ve used it in the perfect sense.the man hasn't a clue."dummy soloing to open up a defence".i try to beat that out of 6year olds ffs.go back to soccer u retard.

jftj

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2013, 01:01:36 PM

Wise up!
Cargin have always punched under their weight as regards winning c,ships and I don't think anybody can argue with that.

First off you've taken players from outside local parishes who don't work in Toome, so full of shite for that statement, secondly as a single code club (unless you include soccer) you will larger numbers playing one code. Large parish also which can facilitate 3 teams, I'd say youse could do a lot better with the numbers you have but always shit in the nest when it comes to beating City teams, be it in Belfast or up the country......

RefForFee

The McCooey mindest never changes, does it?  Gold bless us all. Have to agree, we really are in a bad pace.  Just like the McCooeys to apportion blame far beyond their own doorstep.  A bit of 'Shinner' syndrome setting in me thinks!

country bumpkin

Quote from: jftj on December 01, 2013, 08:24:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2013, 01:01:36 PM

Wise up!
Cargin have always punched under their weight as regards winning c,ships and I don't think anybody can argue with that.

Wise statement indeed jftj when u determine the strength of parish on the number of teams accommodated from within. Sure u reside within the most densely populated areas of western europe...........and the johnnies haven't broken much delph at senior level for a while.