Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Twitter had stories last night of two possible broken jaws in games played last night.  Is this the case?  Young fella Bradley and I think the other one named was McAlea (Sarsfields)
In your Endo!

Glensman

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 13, 2013, 09:09:23 AM
Twitter had stories last night of two possible broken jaws in games played last night.  Is this the case?  Young fella Bradley and I think the other one named was McAlea (Sarsfields)

Just saw a photo of people out on the pitch at St Pauls looking for teeth.

What the f**k part of our game is this?

NAG1

Quote from: Glensman on June 13, 2013, 11:49:11 AM

It's not the first time this has happened to be fair.

Glensman

Quote from: NAG1 on June 13, 2013, 11:54:55 AM

Fair to who?

Do you mean with St Pauls or otherwise?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on June 13, 2013, 12:28:52 PM

Fair to who?

This stuff isn't even going on in South Antrim games anymore. This fella should be kicked out of the game, Breandan Bradley is a quiet lad who I have never seen in a confrontation in all my days of knowing him, very honest and a very good footballer and hurler for Naomh Gall. To have your jaw wired up for the summer because of some thug is a disgrace and I'd be bringing the cops in on this one and doing the fcuker for assualt
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Crazy stuff, easy target. Brendans a great young lad with no badness in him. A bright future prospect for the county as well. Hope he gets well soon.

DearyMe

Unreal - just heard what went on! Puts you off our great games! 

Everyone knows exactly what happened and who it was! Why would Brendan 'make it up' fceking lying in a hospital bed!
Hope YOU are reading this!!!!
Do yourself a favour and man up!!!

Head fried with it...
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

DennistheMenace

Seen that picture on twitter, thuggery of the highest order. If guilty he should be named and shamed.

theskull1

Agree with Milltown ...get the police involved. Thugs should not be protected in the GAA
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: Glensman on June 13, 2013, 12:28:52 PM

Fair to who?

Glensman don't mistake me, I was not defending the action and I agree with the sentiments on here already. Was merely pointing out the fact that this is not the first time an incident like this happened within our county.

I guess Twitter and the likes make it much easier to get this type of thing brought to the public attention.

DennistheMenace

Which is a good thing so it can't be wiped under the carpet like it used to and still does in some cases within the GAA.

Saffrongael

Should we get the cops involved every time someone throws a punch on the field ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

qubdub

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 13, 2013, 05:13:50 PM
Should we get the cops involved every time someone throws a punch on the field ?
define assault.

Jeepers Creepers

Every time someone throws a punch? No.. But if it connects and the person ends up seriously injured ie, jaw broke in 3 places, teeth missing, emergency surgery...then yes

theskull1

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 13, 2013, 05:54:31 PM
Every time someone throws a punch? No.. But if it connects and the person ends up seriously injured ie, jaw broke in 3 places, teeth missing, emergency surgery...then yes

Exactly...the same happens in everyday life...maybe youre not aware of that saffrongael
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera