Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otbar

He lives in ballyronan now I believe

theskull1

Quote from: otbar on February 11, 2013, 10:00:07 AM
And why must magill have no shame?  Lets hear your theory.

The best player moving clubs for the sake of 12 miles round trip. In your mind that's obviously ok but it wouldn't sit well with most Gaels. Surely you understand the concept of club loyalty?

To be fair he's not the first tirnaog man to move to neighbouring clubs well into their senior career so its not as if he hasn't seen it happen around him.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

otbar

Fair enough point. You clearly have not heard why then but are assuming.
A matter which will not be discussed on a media platform.
But yes you are entitled to your opinion and he is in fact a TRUE
Gael my friend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: otbar on February 11, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
Gael my friend.

That's fine too but why Cargin? Will he continue to hurl with Tir Na Og?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

otbar

He only can hurl for a team with no football club I believe.
Don't quote me on that now.

Not sure of why cargin. He is friendly with a lot of the boys and they
Are up there with st galls for standard. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: otbar on February 11, 2013, 11:47:58 AM
He only can hurl for a team with no football club I believe.
Don't quote me on that now.

Not sure of why cargin. He is friendly with a lot of the boys and they
Are up there with st galls for standard.

And Lamh's

Yeah you probably right about that, so Cushendall, Loughgiel could avail of his skills
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

otbar

LD for sure up there. Yeah lougheille, cushendall and actually
Clooney Gaels as they are a different club to the football.

imtommygunn

Are a lot of hurling clubs not registered as almost separate entities now?

Randalstown have a few boys as skull says now playing for neighbouring clubs. Not sure what the story is.

If he lives in Ballyronan sure he could play for Ballymaguigan...

On the subject of so many Cargin players and Lamhs players on the antrim team dawson can only pick the best out of what's available to him. I think Anto Healy will be back and McLean when recovered from injury too which will up the numbers from st galls.

bannside

Was at the game yesterday and what a mixed bag it turned out. The referee was woeful, and coming from Sligos neighbouring county did us no favours whatsoever. Allowing for that, we cant pass all the blame on this defeat on the referee. It was a cold misable day and the grass was six inches long in places.

We were sluggish last week in the first half, but yesterday we failed to come out of the traps at all. At half time I was looking at what I thought was a very strong Sligo team who were in total control of the game. They looked a hungrier and better team than us, and I was in fear of a real hiding.

Thankfully the real Antrim came out for the second half, and like last week, we hit a great 15 minute spell where we looked like worldbeaters. Suddenly every player looked interested and the support play and intensity upped several levels, and it was game on. Niblocks second yellow was a blow, but still 14 men were working their socks off, and a comeback couldnt be ruled out.

The referee practically killed the game off when he showed a needless straight red to Michael Magill (some refs wouldnt have showed a yellow) but still we battled on. Conall Kelly and Paddy C had goal chances and Tomas looked fresh and keen to get involved too.

Loved the battling qualities which Antrim teams away from home are not famous for. Frustrating drive home thinking about a brace of points that definitely got away. We must hit Fermanagh from the first whistle, because The Sligo wans near us were impressed with Roscommon the week before - and Fermanagh hit them for six at the weekend.

Beat Fermanagh and we can still go up the way this group is turning out!

theskull1

Quote from: otbar on February 11, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
Gael my friend.

You're right I don't know the ins and outs of his story, but its my belief that in most cases, reasons will be found to e.g. fall out with ones in a club, blame family or work commitments etc , JUST to provide "the reason why", so there will always be a certain amount of preemptive stage managing to ensure reputations remain intact.

Corkey22

Quote from: culchie11 on February 10, 2013, 09:10:45 PM
Big Magill has transferred to Cargin alright it went thru a county Ccc meeting in January

Him and Gerard OBOYLE will be two great target men

And neither of them a Cargin man! haha

bloodybreakball

Skull, there was no stage management and the reasons were more than genuine. All i wanted to know was the transfer through, for you to come in and bollock somebody without full knowledge shows u up as the one with the problem and a tube

Glensman

Quote from: bloodybreakball on February 11, 2013, 10:23:41 PM
Skull, there was no stage management and the reasons were more than genuine. All i wanted to know was the transfer through, for you to come in and bollock somebody without full knowledge shows u up as the one with the problem and a tube

If not too personal what were the reasons?

bloodybreakball

Don't know all the ins and outs but know enough that unfair attacks like that aren't warranted.

theskull1

I'm sure I'll find out in time. I'll come back and apologise if I have to. Until then I remain sceptical