Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Yea yea its only a sevens competition. None of the other 32 teams in it were trying that hard! 4 wins in 8 years is some achievement -  so credit where its due.

There are top football men around the whole country, players and supporters who dont rate Antrim football. But you can rest assured they rate St Galls. Great ambassadors for the county.

Rasharkin Gael

Great achievement by St Galls. We as a county should be very proud of them and not be putting down or scorning their achievement. I think galls will win the county final at a canter, and i really cant see St Johns ever coming close to them. 

glens abu

Well done St.Galls great win and flying the Saffron flag high once again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on September 24, 2012, 12:01:45 PM

I'm sure the lads stayed off the drink afterwards and wrapped themselves up in cotton wool. Bed for 9pm and focused on Sat Night at Casement :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2012, 12:37:13 PM
Quote from: glens abu on September 24, 2012, 12:01:45 PM

I'm sure the lads stayed off the drink afterwards and wrapped themselves up in cotton wool. Bed for 9pm and focused on Sat Night at Casement :o

Yeah would think so,well done.

PeteG

Congratulations to St Galls. Nice the way the county board recognised their achievement on the county website!!   ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: PeteG on September 26, 2012, 02:34:45 PM
Congratulations to St Galls. Nice the way the county board recognised their achievement on the county website!!   ???

Sure it's only a sevens competition.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Any predictions for Friday night ?

Will St Johns revert to their famous tactics and try and intimidate St Galls or try and play a bit of football ?

DearyMe

Quote from: DearyMe on September 07, 2012, 02:43:35 PM
Gonna stick my neck out! Galls by at least 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And turmoil in the Cargins ranks as a result!

Predictions you say MBAA - gonna stick my neck out again!!!

St.Johns to play behind the ball, maybe leave 2/3 in opposition half - try to minimize St.Galls scores. (which is buns to a bear) ;)

Should be at least 6 in it! Just dont see where they are gettin their scores from!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

If they play that many behind the ball it will be a crap game, Galls by 4

Bookies have us at -6

Jeepers Creepers

What was st johns game plan, kick, trip pull & haul? Jeepers Creepers!

Jeepers Creepers

Aye wasn't a great ad for next in line. Still scratching my head wondering what they were trying to do. A few neutrals around us could'nt get their head round it. A tenner in too! Could have swore jim Murray even had a redner.

imtommygunn

It's a pure money making exercise.

Football no fun these days with st galls winning everything at a canter.

Minder

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 28, 2012, 11:39:36 PM
Aye wasn't a great ad for next in line. Still scratching my head wondering what they were trying to do. A few neutrals around us could'nt get their head round it. A tenner in too! Could have swore jim Murray even had a redner.

The problem is the fellas in Casement haven't had to pay in to see a match in years so they don't give a f**k.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 29, 2012, 11:24:43 AM
It's a pure money making exercise.

Football no fun these days with st galls winning everything at a canter.

Not our fault imtommygunn, this is clearly a problem for other clubs to reach the bar set, plenty of fun in the club and Casement last night, had to run off the drink from last night. Might have a few more tonight