Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

still...not good! Antrim look bad again!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Atticus_Finch

Statement on the Antrim website:

A Chairde,
It has come to our attention that 2 Football tickets, which were allocated to a club in Antrim, are currently on sale via a social networking site.
Theses tickets have now been cancelled and are totally worthless both to the seller and any potential buyer.
Should any other tickets be offered the same action will be taken

Swift action taken ... fair play !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

north aontroim gael

Yeah. Credit where credits due. 

Good to see the person looking to rip off other gaels get shafted.

imtommygunn

Yes and shame on the person who did it.

I would expect that would impact the ticket allocation for whatever club it is in the future too so they have not only lost out themselves but ruined it for their clubmates.

Rasharkin Gael

GA looking a shoe in for the Antrim job with KM withdrawing. A partnership of the two would have been an excellent avenue to explore but doesnt look likely now with KM staying with the loop for another season. It is good to see viable candidates from our own county in for the job but i feel we need to invest more in our coaches and try and bring a level of consistency through from the development squads, minor , U21 through to senior, not just with players but also with coaches. Development squads especially need to be looked at. In the not so distant past we have had fellas running these that the children would get better coaching at home with their club. Dont get me wrong there are some good coaches involved but the whole organisation needs to be raised a level to compete with the set ups in Tyrone and Armagh for example.

Milltown Row2

SS2 had mentioned John Rafferty being touted about, is this balls or was he interested?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

After watching him play a few weeks back he could still play for antrim...great manager and great guy too

bannside

It gives me great pleasure to announce that our greatest ambassadors St Galls have gone and done it once more.

All Ireland seven a side champions at the Kilmacud sevens.

A credit to our county once again. Looking hungrier than ever and maybe, just maybe, at their absolute peak right now.

Saffrongael

Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2012, 08:48:33 PM
It gives me great pleasure to announce that our greatest ambassadors St Galls have gone and done it once more.

A credit to our county once again. Looking hungrier than ever and maybe, just maybe, at their absolute peak right now.

Not sure you can read anything into a 7s competition.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Gold

Awesome team. Best we've ever had by a distance.

Who was their team and who got player of tournament?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 22, 2012, 09:13:32 PM

Not at all, but it's better than training, nice day in Dublin, overnight stay in hotel, All Ireland sevens cup in club house. Not bad all the same

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Dosent mean anything??? Try sending your club out to do it!! Oh and winning isnt a bad habit either.........

St Galls continue to fly the flag for football in Antrim - thats what it basically means. Credit where its due.

Saffrongael

Quote from: bannside on September 23, 2012, 12:21:29 AM
Dosent mean anything??? Try sending your club out to do it!! Oh and winning isnt a bad habit either.........

St Galls continue to fly the flag for football in Antrim - thats what it basically means. Credit where its due.

It means they won a 7s competition, what I said is you can't read anything into how St Galls will go for the rest of the season on the strength of this, it's 7s ffs.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

maybe not. Like I said not bad to have and better than a training session. St. Johns wont be worring about it also. Looking at most teams that went down I think we are the only club to be in their county championship.

I think thats whats reducing the numbers at the competition.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2012, 11:59:43 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on September 22, 2012, 09:13:32 PM

Not at all, but it's better than training, nice day in Dublin, overnight stay in hotel, All Ireland sevens cup in club house. Not bad all the same

Well it at the very least means you're flying fit which is ominous for the johnnies as 7s requires a huge fitness level.

To win any all Ireland says a lot for the quality of players you have too.

Sevens play is what st galls do best - can't see st johns doing much about it.