Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Should be a decent game against Cargin (again) If it's up the country then Cargin could nick it. We always play at Casement which is slightly unfair I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PeteG

Think casement is the best venue, always get a gd crowd at those games. Both teams have a big following and a lot of neutrals like myself like to go. Don't think any other ground could hold that many people!

jdyok

got the date from admin on county website, it could mean 'weekend of' and the games could be scheduled for the Saturday evening...

Glensman

Quote from: PeteG on August 19, 2012, 10:27:57 PM
Think casement is the best venue, always get a gd crowd at those games. Both teams have a big following and a lot of neutrals like myself like to go. Don't think any other ground could hold that many people!

Is this a serious post? Have you been to an Antrim championship game of late. Attendances are shocking.

A good venue up the country could hold such a game rightly. Casement really is St Galls home from home. Not an excuse as Cargin men will have played there alot too...but the crowd thing is not true.

PeteG

Well I was at the games tonight and there is no way the crowd there would fit around any of the grounds up the country and that was even after half the st johns and Rossa fans left! Well least not if everyone wants a good view of the game!

aontroim

As Cargin are first team drawn they'd be crazy not to request the game is played in the SW!  Take any advantage going no matter how small.

ONeill

Galls in Casement is like Armagh in Clones a few years ago. The Milltown men know the price of the pint too well.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

There will be plenty of room for spectators at a couple of SW grounds (Creggan and Ahoghill) easily with their embankments. Rasharkin hosted a few championship meetings between thiose two teams circa early 90`s with no bother at all. In the country Cargin are a lot harder to beat, and Casement definitely worth three or four points to St Galls.

If Cargin were drawn out first they would be mad not to make the Millfield men travel - and we would be looking at a fifty/fifty game.

aontroim

Cargin v St. Gall's - Sat 8th Sept 6:30pm @ Creggan

Most of the remaining Championship fixtures are now up on the website.

saffron sam2

Quote from: aontroim on August 20, 2012, 09:04:17 PM

That's the Milltown men fecked. Last time they went to Creggan, they could only rustle up 15 to travel, CJ played in goals and Milltown Row2 was an unused sub.

Makes it interesting, Gall's by 5.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 11:33:36 PM

That's the Milltown men fecked. Last time they went to Creggan, they could only rustle up 15 to travel, CJ played in goals and Milltown Row2 was an unused sub.

We don't win too many times up the country against Cargin, Cargin beat us in a round robin type championship a few years ago and we hammered them in  the final at Casement. No back door system this year so I'd imagine the lads will be well focused on the draw.

We beat Cargin 5, 4 one year in Rasharkin in the county final. What a crap match, St Johns beat St Enda's in the minor final that year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

A wins a win and im sure cargin would be happy with a 5-4 win as would we. I expect this one to be very tight though. We are not at our best ta the minute and I believe Cargin are improving and with Mick Mc Cann part of Kevin Maddens Ulster Allstar picks they must fancy their chances. 1- 3 points either way

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2012, 09:44:37 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 11:33:36 PM

We don't win too many times up the country against Cargin, Cargin beat us in a round robin type championship a few years ago and we hammered them in  the final at Casement. No back door system this year so I'd imagine the lads will be well focused on the draw.

We beat Cargin 5, 4 one year in Rasharkin in the county final. What a crap match, St Johns beat St Enda's in the minor final that year
I was at that match in Rasharkin. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

I'd say the same about the last two cargin st galls games I was at. Wouldn't go if you paid me after those.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2012, 09:19:16 PM
I'd say the same about the last two cargin st galls games I was at. Wouldn't go if you paid me after those.

Let down? Why