Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: Gold on June 18, 2012, 11:35:30 PM
Good draw. London have improved but we should have enough.

Better than getting Derry, Armagh or Laois or anyone else actually

Change good to best. Best draw

I would take Derry after watching them on Sat night.

Gold

Quote from: glens abu on June 19, 2012, 09:58:51 AM

No way--mental block plus the 2 x Bradleys--not a chance

Tell me the last time we beat Derry?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

glens abu

Quote from: Gold on June 19, 2012, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: glens abu on June 19, 2012, 09:58:51 AM

No way--mental block plus the 2 x Bradleys--not a chance

Tell me the last time we beat Derry?

True gold but only commenting on how poor they were on Sat and would fancy us against them on that form.

brendanbelfast

Last time we beat Derry was in McKenna Cup 2010, but fair point, not in ages in any meaningful league or championship game.

subterranean saffron

At this point we have nothing to fear from Derry. Of course we would rather get London, but we are a long way forward from when we met Derry in 2007 and they hammered us out of Casement. You're right Gold in so much as the Bradley's would give them the edge, but to say we have no chance is exaggeration in the highest. Let's get over a tricky first hurdle at Ruslip and we will take it from there. Hopefully see a few familiar faces back in the fold for the qualifiers.

DearyMe

Quote from: subterranean saffron on June 21, 2012, 10:01:27 PM
At this point we have nothing to fear from Derry. Of course we would rather get London, but we are a long way forward from when we met Derry in 2007 and they hammered us out of Casement. You're right Gold in so much as the Bradley's would give them the edge, but to say we have no chance is exaggeration in the highest. Let's get over a tricky first hurdle at Ruslip and we will take it from there. Hopefully see a few familiar faces back in the fold for the qualifiers.

Why?, did baker have another trial or something?
Who are you talking about sub?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

optimus cheese

Kevin Niblock maybe? I'm not sure if he is still in England at the minute or back  home

subterranean saffron

I mean Niblock DM, Baker mentioned in the build up to Monaghan that he would be back in the fold. Honestly don't know if he has been training with the team at all but would make a huge difference. At this stage the ship has sailed on anyone else. Would love to see the boys make a run in the qualifiers, fingers crossed we get one over The Exiles.

Northern Light

Baker's last game in charge will be in Ruislip. Can you imagine what the flight home will be like. Such a terrible end to what started so brightly. Gearoid should see us into Div 4, next year - without any assistance!

Northern Light

We'll be remembered as the team beaten by London in the 2012 qualifiers. There may not be too many applicants for the job, when that is the memory! See you at the Div 4 matches! Another long drive to Kilkenny!

brendanbelfast

why don't you crawl under a rock Northern Light? and stay there.

AQMP

It won't get any worse that this...until the hurlers start!

Gold

A win's a win and we dont win many.

2-11 to 2-9

Croker here we come!

Milltown Row2

Evens plus 4 for London, bet of the week, they must have been in cahoots!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Who all is in the draw for next round?