Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Rory should never have got near that Galls team...living of past glories me thinks.

Karl stewart is a quality footballer and would love to see him against the countrys best footballers.

Andy getting married this year and dont think he will be allowed to play although still training hard up here at jordanstown and was immense in sigerson this year.

From i hear from the county whisperers is Baker doesnt believe he needs the st galls lads on board anyway ?

Kevin is a long way off fitness but is working hard on rehabilitaion on the falls these days ;)

CJ a big asset for any team and has matured supposedly....

Mackers could be an asset for club and needs to prove his dedication to that first......

From talking to a fw of their lads they have no interest in teh county and are concentrating solely on club football which doesnt bode well for any team hoping to knock them off their mantle.

DearyMe

Whatsw wrong with MacAreeveys dedication?
Thought he was a gallsman, through and through???
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

subterranean saffron

Fellas its bad when we're talking about a reserve players dedication.

Maybe some debate about the start of the Senior Football Leagues would be more fitting to the Antrim Football Thread?

lonely1

Glenavy must be worried about the local derby tonight, word out that Terry and June onto the county board giving their tuppence worth and trying to influence the powers at be, thought this type of shit had gone out with the old guard years ago, obviously not. One for MIBAG to give us the low down on if his finger is really on the pulse?

Milltown Row2

Not a bad effort Hardstation, how good were they?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Anyone hear of a certain former county (misunderstood) footballer tweeting on Friday?
If i were his club i would be none to pleased!!! ;D

Saffrongael

Quote from: DearyMe on April 23, 2012, 02:36:57 PM
Anyone hear of a certain former county (misunderstood) footballer tweeting on Friday?
If i were his club i would be none to pleased!!! ;D

Twitter is perfect for an attention seeker like him, he announced his retirement that night on Twitter and then said he would give it another year. Phew.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

DearyMe

How was he treated HS?  The bits and bobs you know might give us an idea.

Saffrongael

Quote from: hardstation on April 24, 2012, 11:48:06 AM
Got a bad injury - some fella in St. Galls made a hames of his insurance forms - club washed their hands of it - he ended up having to fork out 2 and a half grand.

Completely scandalous if you ask me.

His folks forked out the two and a half grand but your point stands.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

subterranean saffron

Would be interesting to hear the clubs version of events. If true, its a crying shame that a player who has given so much to the club (not to mention his families input) should be treated that way. Surely they would put their hands up, admit their mistake and run a fundraiser for the fella? Wish him well in his recovery.

Man Marker

Got a bad injury - some fella in St. Galls made a hames of his insurance forms - club washed their hands of it - he ended up having to fork out 2 and a half grand.

Very interesting insight to that club, explaining to me why they have been unbale to match Cross, year and year out, which they should be doing with the players they have. If a club doesn't support it players , they can't have that players full committment. You add a pile of those wee things up over a few years, it takes the fight out of a team. Didn't their manager pack it in this year over issues to the support they required from the committee to get success for the team. Their committee sounds like like a gather up

DearyMe

Wow, find that hard to believe - but there it is.  A club of their stature too.  Considering whta they have managed in the past - any galls men shed any light?
Mate showed me bits and pieces on the twitt! Dont quite know what to make of it.

manballandall

I'd say the rock bar have received more than that from him in the past lot of months....if he had spent it in his own club then they would be able to pay for it ?

DearyMe

Quote from: Man Marker on April 24, 2012, 03:03:08 PM

Very interesting insight to that club, explaining to me why they have been unbale to match Cross, year and year out, which they should be doing with the players they have. If a club doesn't support it players , they can't have that players full committment. You add a pile of those wee things up over a few years, it takes the fight out of a team. Didn't their manager pack it in this year over issues to the support they required from the committee to get success for the team. Their committee sounds like like a gather up

know a bit more than the post suggestsMM ?  ;)

manballandall

Aye but HS that is where you and a few others have fallen foul of the assumption that I am a St Galls man. I never once said I was. Just because I called their match the way i seen it people assumed I was a Galls man. Assumptions can get you in trouble.